kmenczy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking on a Budget?

I have been lifting for a couple of years and have been able to bulk from 6', 150 to 180 and now I weigh around 175. Currently I am a college student living on a budget and have trouble getting money for protein and the amount of food I need to try and get to 190.

I was wondering what are peoples best ideas for bulking when short on cash. If anyone has any clean bulking foods that would be ideal.

aliasballer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aliasballer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aliasballer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aliasballer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aliasballer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aliasballer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aliasballer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aliasballer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aliasballer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aliasballer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i feel that, i have problems trying to get enough protein in my diet. but eggs are the best way to go where im at it's 1$ for a dozen other than that just buy the cheap frozen chicken breast typically about 5$ for 5-6 large chicken breast

AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if u actually calculate it; whey protein is often cheaper gram for gram vs. food (protein content wise only). its def a must have IMO.
    If you want drastic results you need to take drastic measures.

mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sardines! and tuna are usually pretty cheap and a great supply of protien! and they don't expire for years so you can even get them at a discount store or a 99cent store! also look for deals for lean chicken breasts at your local grocery store..
    ~~~2011 Mens First place winner of the ERGOGENIX QBM Transformation Challenge~~~
    ^^^^^EXTREME PULL-UPS CREW^^^^^30 Reps Crew^^^
    Marathon time = 03:26:32 - average pace 07:53
    Half Iron Man - 6hrs 14 min ( with no training )
    LeadMan 125k - 8hrs 21mins

Location: Milton Keynes, Bucks, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TheHoola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHoola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHoola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHoola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHoola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHoola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHoola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHoola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHoola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHoola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHoola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kmenczy1 View Post
    I have been lifting for a couple of years and have been able to bulk from 6', 150 to 180 and now I weigh around 175. Currently I am a college student living on a budget and have trouble getting money for protein and the amount of food I need to try and get to 190.

I was wondering what are peoples best ideas for bulking when short on cash. If anyone has any clean bulking foods that would be ideal.

Try Powdered Milk:

Milk powders contain all twenty standard amino acids (the building blocks of proteins) and are high in soluble vitamins and minerals[6]. According to USAID[7] the typical average amounts of major nutrients in the unreconstituted milk are (by weight) 36% protein, 52% carbohydrates (predominantly lactose), calcium 1.3%, potassium 1.8%. Their milk powder is fortified with Vitamin A and D, 3000IU and 600IU respectively per 100g.

note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Get a Costco card. If you know someone who already has one, get on their account. That's what I did. Don't be afraid to do your shopping at different stores though. Just look for the deals.

Look for deals on chicken breasts. Turkey is also a good choice. If you know how to cook, things will be much simpler. Almost forgot fish. Grab a bunch of milk, PB, eggs, and veggies. Frozen veggies, that is. They are usually cheaper. Rice, pasta, potatoes....these things are usually pretty cheap and still healthy. It's all I eat and I plan on putting on 10+ pounds this summer on a low budget. Learn to cook and stay on ****ing budget.

Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000) Trillios is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you want to bulk then buy in bulk at food warehouses (ie Costco). Oats, rice, meat/poultry, eggs, breads, etc. Cheap! All staple foods too.

krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Borrow someone's sunday newspaper when they're done with it, check out the grocery ads, gotta shop around.

I'm always trying to keep my budget tight, and I'm bulking..

heres a few of the staples in my diet.

3 lb bags of chicken from walmart. Theyre frozen, cleaned, cut, ready to go. $5.98/bag ($2/lb)

Eggs! I buy the 18 ct packages, theyre cheaper per egg. Eggs are tough to beat for the money.

Milk. I know you folks like to buy a $1 bottle of water or a $2.50 energy drink like nothing, so $3.50 for a gallon of milk is a good deal

Oatmeal. Big canister of oatmeal at walmart for like $2

Whey Protein, obviously. Higher Power Whey Power is the cheapest i've found, $28/5 lbs here on bodybuilding.com Thats 59 grams of protein per dollar.

Whole wheat bread from the grocery store, about $2 (check the ingredients, not all breads are created equal!) I was buying ezekiel, but I just couldnt justify the price anymore.

Potatoes. I've seen them for 50 lbs for $7. I doubt you'd be able to eat them in time before they went bad, but still, theyre cheap even in smaller quantities. Awesomely carb-dense.

I don't know how clean you're trying to go, but I used to buy 50lb bags of rice at GFS (bulk foods store) for $22. Thats less than 50 cents a pound.. and when you consider that rice triples in weight when you cook it, thats like 150 lbs of carbs for $22.

The big thing is, anytime you're going to spend money, think first.. "What else could I be buying with this?"

So your buddies want to hit up mcdonalds.. thats 3 pounds of chicken right there, nah mean?

moojeni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moojeni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chicken breast
    Eggs
    Rice
    Oatmeal
    Peanut butter

Basically all you need.

Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by moojeni View Post
    Chicken breast
    Eggs
    Rice
    Oatmeal
    Peanut butter

Basically all you need.
    Throw canned tuna fish, milk, and a loaf of wheat bread onto that list, and you're golden.
    Upgraded from "curls for the girls" to "rows for the hoes".

Ryan's Supp. Stack
    ----------------------
    r2's WILLpower -- now completely free of bitchassness!

Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a student too and i recently found out that i can buy pig heart at the supermarket for about 2 dollars for 1 kg. You should look in to that. It tastes great too, kinda like liver but more firm.

emsmall will become famous soon enough. (+50) emsmall will become famous soon enough. (+50) emsmall will become famous soon enough. (+50) emsmall will become famous soon enough. (+50) emsmall will become famous soon enough. (+50) emsmall will become famous soon enough. (+50) emsmall will become famous soon enough. (+50) emsmall will become famous soon enough. (+50) emsmall will become famous soon enough. (+50) emsmall will become famous soon enough. (+50) emsmall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Big.Dreams View Post
    I'm a student too and i recently found out that i can buy pig heart at the supermarket for about 2 dollars for 1 kg. You should look in to that. It tastes great too, kinda like liver but more firm.
    What is this I dont even O_O PUKE! Pig heart omg I feel sick

Uncle Bob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Uncle Bob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Uncle Bob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Uncle Bob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Uncle Bob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Uncle Bob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Uncle Bob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Uncle Bob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Uncle Bob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Uncle Bob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Uncle Bob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't be afraid of going generic if you haven't already. A couple years ago I tried shopping at a place called Aldi's and was skeptical at first but tried their stuff and most of it was pretty good and overall maybe 2/3 the cost of a normal grocery store.

You gotta learn to shop around, too. Advertisers know we are creatures of habit and they play into it. Something might be on sale for a month but then the price gets jacked up. Sometimes you gotta switch it up or shop at one place for produce and another for meats. The extra time spent pays off in the long run.

Another thing is to buy a cheap freezer and when meat is on sale buy a lot of it and freeze it. It'll be good for several months.

jjam is just really nice. (+1000) jjam is just really nice. (+1000) jjam is just really nice. (+1000) jjam is just really nice. (+1000) jjam is just really nice. (+1000) jjam is just really nice. (+1000) jjam is just really nice. (+1000) jjam is just really nice. (+1000) jjam is just really nice. (+1000) jjam is just really nice. (+1000) jjam is just really nice. (+1000)
    I did my first bulk on whole eggs and whole milk. It's very cheap and you'll start packing on weight quickly. I fry my eggs in EVOO and would eat at least 6 whole eggs at least 3 times per day. Even if you can't eat a full 18 eggs you should easily be able to consume 12 whole eggs a day.

Substitute whole milk as your main drink instead of water.

Finally you can do steel cut oats with maple sugar at least once a day.

Those 3 food items are cheap as dirt and are very calorie-dense along with being healthy.

If you need more protein add in canned tuna and/or sardines. A good meal is put EVOO in a pan and turn on the heat. Add in some diced tomatoes and minced garlic, basil and oregano. Once that is heated up toss in a couple cans of tuna. That's a great/cheap meal and you can even toss in some pasta at the end if you want a pasta dish for more cals/carbs.

Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big.Dreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by emsmall View Post
    What is this I dont even O_O PUKE! Pig heart omg I feel sick
    You a girly man? . It's just like any type of meat...