Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Why don't guys "Monkey-Branch" ?

Just interested in everyone's thoughts on this.

Typically girls know in advance when they're unhappy and want to leave a relationship. They start lining up potential, and then when they feel its time for the relationship to finally end, they just give the guy some tacky, lame, and unrealistic excuse and bounce right into the arms of a new partner.

So my question is this... Why don't we ever see guys doing this? Why are guys always the ones trying to fix sht in relationships, apologizing, then getting dumped and grieving for weeks on end while the girl has long since forgotten the guy and is happy, having fun, and enjoying a new relationship?

I dunno, maybe it boils to down men having more respect for their relationships (or investments) than women do? I'd like to not think from such a biased standpoint, but I'm not seeing a lot of other reasoning to this. Although, it may not be the worst idea in the world to adapt to these realities and start looking for other options when we realize we're unhappy in a relationship...
    am I wrong for thinking that?

Discuss.
    Common Sense Crew
    Living Happily is Easy Crew
    Do Something That Matters Crew
    There Are More Important Things in Life Than Women Crew

"My brother is an Alpha male in real life and virtually all of his friends are Alpha males." - zionosis

DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Just interested in everyone's thoughts on this.

Typically girls know in advance when they're unhappy and want to leave a relationship. They start lining up potential, and then when they feel its time for the relationship to finally end, they just give the guy some tacky, lame, and unrealistic excuse and bounce right into the arms of a new partner.

So my question is this... Why don't we ever see guys doing this? Why are guys always the ones trying to fix sht in relationships, apologizing, then getting dumped and grieving for weeks on end while the girl has long since forgotten the guy and is happy, having fun, and enjoying a new relationship?

I dunno, maybe it boils to down men having more respect for their relationships (or investments) than women do? I'd like to not think from such a biased standpoint, but I'm not seeing a lot of other reasoning to this. Although, it may not be the worst idea in the world to adapt to these realities and start looking for other options when we realize we're unhappy in a relationship...
    am I wrong for thinking that?

Discuss.
    I wouldn't say we monkey branch or anything but every guy who is in a relationship knows a girl that will **** him if he was single or if he would just pursue it. Plus us men just go find a hood/bar rat for a ONS

Teh_Nigerian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teh_Nigerian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teh_Nigerian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teh_Nigerian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teh_Nigerian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teh_Nigerian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teh_Nigerian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teh_Nigerian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teh_Nigerian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teh_Nigerian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teh_Nigerian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Or we could all try to be more observant and just end the relationship when things start to go south. IMO. Unless its a marriage where kids and finances are involved there is no point in trying to rectify a relationship in which one of the people in it has already "checked out".

hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Self respect. Men typically have more of it than most women.

janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ImFromDuval View Post
    I wouldn't say we monkey branch or anything but every guy who is in a relationship knows a girl that will **** him if he was single or if he would just pursue it. Plus us men just go find a hood/bar rat for a ONS
    Good point.
    Easier for a lot of guys to just get ass and try to move on... although some women do it, most are probably too scared of the "slut reputation" to go this route.

Originally Posted by Teh_Nigerian View Post
    Or we could all try to be more observant and just end the relationship when things start to go south. IMO. Unless its a marriage where kids and finances are involved there is no point in trying to rectify a relationship in which one of the people in it has already "checked out".
    I agree completely, however that is fairly uncommon. TWO people both mature enough to say "look im unhappy we should end this" ...? Rare.

I think a lot of it stems from girls being afraid to be alone and needing to feel someone there for them.. it's like an emotional security blanket, so they need to have another guy lined up to console them and remind them they're desireable...
    Common Sense Crew

"My brother is an Alpha male in real life and virtually all of his friends are Alpha males." - zionosis

OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Women have more options to exercise that sort of thing then men. Also I've met multiple girls where they say it's cheating when a guy does it but downplay it when they do it themselves. It mostly goes that if you're a guy you have to pursue a girl and build up that attraction. Girls just stand around there and if a guy is hitting on them or flirting with them they can act innocent as if they did nothing. Also the common excuse when they're lining up another guy is they say "this guy is just a friend" when they really know that's their next boyfriend. You know if a guy did that then a woman would have a jelous fit.

I wrote a thread on this once... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115130681

pppabear will become famous soon enough. (+50) pppabear will become famous soon enough. (+50) pppabear will become famous soon enough. (+50) pppabear will become famous soon enough. (+50) pppabear will become famous soon enough. (+50) pppabear will become famous soon enough. (+50) pppabear will become famous soon enough. (+50) pppabear will become famous soon enough. (+50) pppabear will become famous soon enough. (+50) pppabear will become famous soon enough. (+50) pppabear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Definitley an interesting perspective.

The way I see it, is that men generally only enter a relationship when they WANT to be in one, and then give it their all.

I've known way too many women they were so afraid of being alone, that they would jump from relationship to relationship and never be happy with anything. At the end of the day these women didn't have any identity and were only defined by what relationship they were currently in.

Don't get me wrong, there are some guys that does this too.

For my $.02, Relationships are hard work, when we choose to be in one, we're gonna sit through the schitty part to see the end result.

DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I think a lot of it stems from girls being afraid to be alone and needing to feel someone there for them.. it's like an emotional security blanket, so they need to have another guy lined up to console them and remind them they're desireable...
    I read this from a seminar/book called "Financial University" or something and he basically explains that if you are married to have an "emergency fund" or something along the lines of that and have like 1k in there and that it will calm the wife down because its like a security blanket to them, which is true. I think alot of women are afraid to break up with the BF for some stupid reason, rather it be like "I dont want to hurt his feelings"

Example also would be a friend of my GFs, she just left her husband a week later she is supposedly sleeping with a guy at her work place and is acting like it just happened over night. I wanted to call her out and tell her I know it was happening like she was still with her husband. Stupid bitch

bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Some do. You probably hear it more about hot chicks, because there are usually 5 guys lining up to bang them immediately when they are out of a relationship. Women are less likely to be waiting out a relationship because they get asked out constantly so they eventually say yes and are not free to pursue others immediately.

SquatsNOats is just really nice. (+1000) SquatsNOats is just really nice. (+1000) SquatsNOats is just really nice. (+1000) SquatsNOats is just really nice. (+1000) SquatsNOats is just really nice. (+1000) SquatsNOats is just really nice. (+1000) SquatsNOats is just really nice. (+1000) SquatsNOats is just really nice. (+1000) SquatsNOats is just really nice. (+1000) SquatsNOats is just really nice. (+1000) SquatsNOats is just really nice. (+1000)
    Because most Women are cowards by nature, you can't deny this. Cowards do cowardly things, the monkey-branch technique is one of those things.

Fearing The Reaper BackToBasics's Avatar
    BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some guys do, no question. But I think, for the most part, it leads back to the concept of men having fewer attachments/meaningful relationships, but placing a higher value on them.

The fickle/flighty nature of women just allows them to sever all ties to the relationship and 'recover' at light speed. For guys (at least if it truly was a meaningful relationship), it takes much longer to truly recover.

Maybe part of it is also the ease of which a new partner can be found. Women are the passive screeners for potential mates...dudes line up spitting game at them, and they either accept or reject the advances; not a lot of work/effort involved here. Dudes have to actually go out and actively pursue women and make the magic happen. It requires a certain state of mind and ambition - something that is usually lacking right after a breakup.
    He who chases two rabbits, catches neither.

AndrewBear is not very helpful. (-500) AndrewBear is not very helpful. (-500) AndrewBear is not very helpful. (-500) AndrewBear is not very helpful. (-500) AndrewBear is not very helpful. (-500) AndrewBear is not very helpful. (-500) AndrewBear is not very helpful. (-500) AndrewBear is not very helpful. (-500) AndrewBear is not very helpful. (-500) AndrewBear is not very helpful. (-500) AndrewBear is not very helpful. (-500)
    Well I think there is a lot of reasons for this, but one huge one which I experienced and my friends have also is this;

A man falls out of love with his woman in the relationship, but continues to stay with her for easy sex. As he now has just been in a relationship his main focus is not "getting into another one", its simply sex. He realizes she was not meant for him, and this is not what he wants.

When a woman falls out of love in a relationship, she realizes that her partner was not meant for her, and she will try to find another man to "try" a relationship with. Relationships for women are more of a doorway to see if love exists inside or not.

Therefore when a man is in a failing relationship, he is more likely to cheat, or continue the relationship for sex. While a woman will either cheat, or actively look for a replacement.

A majority of men know that "sex" is hard to come by as a single man, so he would keep the lady around simply for more sex.

anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    guys dont like to "give up" on anything much less a relationship.

however I will say that when ever I wil say that when My feelings for a girl change i do usually have a bcakup whether I was looking for it or not. I do intentionally monkey branch when I know a girl is up to something. They are being suspicious, I know something is going on, they won't confess.... they dump me.... That night I'm with next girl. the now x-girl friend gets pissed and goes to hell about how insensitive I am blah, blah, blah. Men are always the ones to blame, and always guilty of everything. blah, blah, blah.
    M-drol log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123851581

furuza-a/11-sterone recomp log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128320291

my guide to girls for noobs http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=537052843

kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000)
    Because if you are always looking for something better and hopping back n forth, you're going to end up alone. Relationships are hard work.

SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Simple men dont emotionaly cheat like women do.

Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    men are slower to fall in and out of love, and will usually fight much harder to save an existing relationship instead of just saying fuk it and finding a new one.

its also much more common for men to cheat with other women, while having ZERO intentions of ever leaving their main chick. Women who cheat, much more often leave their man for the new guy that they are cheating with.

basically, we dont fall for our side chick like women do their side dick.

Originally Posted by Al_Pal View Post
    men are slower to fall in and out of love, and will usually fight much harder to save an existing relationship instead of just saying fuk it and finding a new one.

its also much more common for men to cheat with other women, while having ZERO intentions of ever leaving their main chick. Women who cheat, much more often leave their man for the new guy that they are cheating with.

lol so true

usually men find it easier to separate emotions from sex

OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OMGaGURL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kiddink View Post
    Because if you are always looking for something better and hopping back n forth, you're going to end up alone. Relationships are hard work.
    I disagree. Any woman attractive enough to be jumping around a lot will always have an option open to them to settle down with. I've known some women that are constantly jumping around and as they got older they sure didn't end up single. They just ended up with either the richest guy they could find or the first one that knocked them up.

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Guys do this all the time though.

I know I've been guilty of it.

Has nothing to do with emotions and everything to do with just wanting steady sex. I don't want to leave my chick if I'm still getting good booty from her until some new booty is in the equation to replace the old booty.

anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50) anklez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by OMGaGURL View Post
    I disagree. Any woman attractive enough to be jumping around a lot will always have an option open to them to settle down with. I've known some women that are constantly jumping around and as they got older they sure didn't end up single. They just ended up with either the richest guy they could find or the first one that knocked them up.
    wow, what a meaningfull and fulfilling life

furuza-a/11-sterone recomp log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128320291

my guide to girls for noobs http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=537052843

dmacfour is just really nice. (+1000) dmacfour is just really nice. (+1000) dmacfour is just really nice. (+1000) dmacfour is just really nice. (+1000) dmacfour is just really nice. (+1000) dmacfour is just really nice. (+1000) dmacfour is just really nice. (+1000) dmacfour is just really nice. (+1000) dmacfour is just really nice. (+1000) dmacfour is just really nice. (+1000) dmacfour is just really nice. (+1000)
    They probably jump around because they are trying to find the absolute best option.

I think about my options but it doesn't always pan out and I end up single for awhile.
    "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca(c. 4 BC ? AD 65)

"god" is just like santa claus except his presents are supposed to come AFTER you die.....

I am #7 of the Circle of Twelve

Originally Posted by hublife View Post
    Self respect. Men typically have more of it than most women.
    How so? I'm not disagreeing, just asking how you came to that conclusion.

Women have more options to exercise that sort of thing then men. Also I've met multiple girls where they say it's cheating when a guy does it but downplay it when they do it themselves. It mostly goes that if you're a guy you have to pursue a girl and build up that attraction. Girls just stand around there and if a guy is hitting on them or flirting with them they can act innocent as if they did nothing. Also the common excuse when they're lining up another guy is they say "this guy is just a friend" when they really know that's their next boyfriend. You know if a guy did that then a woman would have a jelous fit.

I wrote a thread on this once... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115130681
    Nice thread btw.. lots of good points.
    I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head here. It's "emotional cheating" if we do it - girls are so scared to be left for someone else and not "valued" that they'll sht bricks if any female so much as sneezes in our presence - yet when they randomly decide they don't like us anymore and start talking to new prospects, it's NOT the same, they're just friends etc..
    makes me fcking puke @ the hypocrisy.

Originally Posted by pppabear View Post
    Definitley an interesting perspective.

The way I see it, is that men generally only enter a relationship when they WANT to be in one, and then give it their all.

I've known way too many women they were so afraid of being alone, that they would jump from relationship to relationship and never be happy with anything. At the end of the day these women didn't have any identity and were only defined by what relationship they were currently in.

Don't get me wrong, there are some guys that does this too.

For my $.02, Relationships are hard work, when we choose to be in one, we're gonna sit through the schitty part to see the end result.
    Agreed 100%.
    Perhaps they don't share that mentality because of how easily and quickly a partner can be replaced? Why fight and struggle to make something work when you could just try something else?

I read this from a seminar/book called "Financial University" or something and he basically explains that if you are married to have an "emergency fund" or something along the lines of that and have like 1k in there and that it will calm the wife down because its like a security blanket to them, which is true. I think alot of women are afraid to break up with the BF for some stupid reason, rather it be like "I dont want to hurt his feelings"

Example also would be a friend of my GFs, she just left her husband a week later she is supposedly sleeping with a guy at her work place and is acting like it just happened over night. I wanted to call her out and tell her I know it was happening like she was still with her husband. Stupid bitch
    Yeah exactly.. I mean it is possible that things "just happened" but realistically, women know damn well they want out of a relationship and I don't believe things "just happen" AFTER the relationship... there are precursors occurring during it's final stages

Originally Posted by bill257 View Post
    Some do. You probably hear it more about hot chicks, because there are usually 5 guys lining up to bang them immediately when they are out of a relationship. Women are less likely to be waiting out a relationship because they get asked out constantly so they eventually say yes and are not free to pursue others immediately.
    I agree, but I don't necessarily think it's that black and white.
    Women have options, but how many of them are acceptable and enticing? Guys hit on women nonstop, we know this - but women (as a result) have these high standards and will only date guys that X, work at X, wear X, have X, look like X, etc. etc. etc.
    So having 20 guys lined up doesn't mean sht if none of them meet the criteria.

It's like men - we could lower our standards and fck a fat girl any second of any day. We don't because we don't want that. Same difference.

Although I will admit, given the multitude of options (and especially in a moment of weakness when she currently hates her relationship) a woman can justify accepting someone that does NOT meet her standards - temporarily - to get her by until something better comes along.

Originally Posted by squigglyspooge View Post
    Because most Women are cowards by nature, you can't deny this. Cowards do cowardly things, the monkey-branch technique is one of those things.
    Agreed. It's pretty chicken sht.
    My favorite is when they use the cliche "I just need to be single for a while I'm not ready to date" and a week later have a new boyfriend.

Originally Posted by BackToBasics View Post
    Some guys do, no question. But I think, for the most part, it leads back to the concept of men having fewer attachments/meaningful relationships, but placing a higher value on them.

The fickle/flighty nature of women just allows them to sever all ties to the relationship and 'recover' at light speed. For guys (at least if it truly was a meaningful relationship), it takes much longer to truly recover.

Maybe part of it is also the ease of which a new partner can be found. Women are the passive screeners for potential mates...dudes line up spitting game at them, and they either accept or reject the advances; not a lot of work/effort involved here. Dudes have to actually go out and actively pursue women and make the magic happen. It requires a certain state of mind and ambition - something that is usually lacking right after a breakup.
    Agree w the first two paragraphs. I think men really do put more effort and importance on their relationships (which completely goes against traditional 'norms' that men lack emotion and just wanna fck).
    I seriously believe that most men will have far fewer relationships in their lifetimes than women will.

It's almost as if men put themselves out there, give it their all, and hope that the female returns the favor - then it ultimately lies in the hands of the female to prove the relationship matters to her on an equal level, and she reciprocates, or bounces.
    Seems pretty "beta" (lol), yet very common.
    Common Sense Crew

chrisjd will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisjd will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisjd will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisjd will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisjd will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisjd will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisjd will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisjd will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisjd will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisjd will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisjd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by anklez View Post
    wow, what a meaningfull and fulfilling life
    Just be aware so that you don't fall into a trap like that.

The subject matter of this thread is nothing new to me, which is why I am very cautious with new girls. I can and do find these things out and if I know she is constantly jumping around I immediately cut things off.
    "When you are the best fighter in the world they have a name for you. They don't call you a great fighter, they call you Chael Sonnen" -Chael Sonnen (R)

ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500)
    I have 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.

Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well F u janky

Originally Posted by chrisjd View Post
    Just be aware so that you don't fall into a trap like that.

The subject matter of this thread is nothing new to me, which is why I am very cautious with new girls. I can and do find these things out and if I know she is constantly jumping around I immediately cut things off.
    neither is it to me. I would jsut like to point out the lack of fullfillment and true hapiness this style of life carries. you will be bitter until the day you die.

no matter how well you hide it, or how much you are able to convince yourself otherwise. when you have to lie to yourslef, you know your life sucks.

aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mainly because I don't need a woman to emotionally fufill me. Make them work, utilize 3 holes as appropriate.

Brb being a bad person.

Originally Posted by AndrewBear View Post
    Well I think there is a lot of reasons for this, but one huge one which I experienced and my friends have also is this;

A man falls out of love with his woman in the relationship, but continues to stay with her for easy sex. As he now has just been in a relationship his main focus is not "getting into another one", its simply sex. He realizes she was not meant for him, and this is not what he wants.

When a woman falls out of love in a relationship, she realizes that her partner was not meant for her, and she will try to find another man to "try" a relationship with. Relationships for women are more of a doorway to see if love exists inside or not.

Therefore when a man is in a failing relationship, he is more likely to cheat, or continue the relationship for sex. While a woman will either cheat, or actively look for a replacement.

A majority of men know that "sex" is hard to come by as a single man, so he would keep the lady around simply for more sex.
    I think this is ridiculously accurate. You're an excellent writer brah. check pm's.

Do you think the playing field would shift if the man in question were fully capable of landing gorgeous women nonstop?
    For example; a local celebrity, male fitness model, player, etc.

Originally Posted by anklez View Post
    guys dont like to "give up" on anything much less a relationship.

however I will say that when ever I wil say that when My feelings for a girl change i do usually have a bcakup whether I was looking for it or not. I do intentionally monkey branch when I know a girl is up to something. They are being suspicious, I know something is going on, they won't confess.... they dump me.... That night I'm with next girl. the now x-girl friend gets pissed and goes to hell about how insensitive I am blah, blah, blah. Men are always the ones to blame, and always guilty of everything. blah, blah, blah.
    Don't like their own medicine huh?

Originally Posted by kiddink View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with that, but women don't seem to adopt this mentality.

Originally Posted by SwayWay View Post
    Simple men dont emotionaly cheat like women do.
    i wouldn't say that's entirely true. Men "emotionally" cheat in the sense that when a women flirts with them and they're in a relationship, most won't simply "ignore it" or "turn it off" they'll fck with it a bit until it gets too real then be like "sorry I have a gf" -- or cheat lol

Originally Posted by Al_Pal View Post

Always a quality post brah. Repped.
    "Grass is Greener" theory eh?

Reminds me of "If I get caught cheatin then I'm stuck with you.." lol
    lol so true

usually men find it easier to separate emotions from sex
    They're completely different!!!!!
    It's like sandwiches and beer.
    Have nothing to do with each other. You can have a beer with your sandwich, sure. But ultimately, they are totally separate and unrelated!

I've seen that a lot too, and it's pretty sad.

Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    Guys do this all the time though.

I know I've been guilty of it.

Has nothing to do with emotions and everything to do with just wanting steady sex. I don't want to leave my chick if I'm still getting good booty from her until some new booty is in the equation to replace the old booty.
    in a sexual context yes, but what about in a relationship context?
    Would you get tired of your current partner and dump her for new booty if it were, say, a 2 year long relationship?

Originally Posted by dmacfour View Post
    They probably jump around because they are trying to find the absolute best option.

I think about my options but it doesn't always pan out and I end up single for awhile.
    Yeah. See, to me that's a childish mentality. "Oh there may be something better, so I'll just take this for now until that something better falls in my lap!"
    wtf is that sht.
    Common Sense Crew

George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George Costanza has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My $0.02...at least in my experiences...

I find that a lot of guys don't put a lot of stock in behavior over a period of time, as in...we let things roll off our backs more than most women. For me and for many other guys, a breakup occurs from our standpoint when one or two things that are just over-the-top disrespectful happens...and a lot of guys (be it right or wrong) have enough confidence in the "well I can just let her go now, there'll be another one in a few days/weeks" whereas women can't stand the fact that they may be along for x amount of time unless they really want to be.

Again, speaking in huge generalizations but it's just from personal experience.

Always a quality post brah. Repped.
    "Grass is Greener" theory eh?

Reminds me of "If I get caught cheatin then I'm stuck with you.." lol

haha. yep i posted that whole verse the other day and sad it is basically me and my game in a nutshell from start to finish.

i wish i wasnt to lazy 2 read the other responses in this thread and join in on an actual discussion...

one of these days...