Page 191 of 194 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,730 of 5814
    Analysis paralysis Lifting N Tx's Avatar
    Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post
    Supposedly this is his training program for the big three lifts. It gives a lot of support work, but honestly I trimmed that down and used my own supporting lifts. He had some that I just couldn't do because of the equipment I have access to, but most people at a commercial gym shouldn't have any issues following his plan to the letter... if that is what you are interested in. I was mostly in it for a progression protocol that wasn't 5/3/1, which (for some odd reason) I have a hard time making any real progress on.
    Is there a write up somewhere?

I'd like to see it to see how he programs things, even if I don't do it myself. I think 5/3/1 has merit, but the Wendler takes too long to actually get to people's RMs, at least for most lifters. I also think that people overestimate the importance of the 5/3/1 work given the low volume, and underestimate the importance of the support work. This is probably true in general, not just for 5/3/1, so I think it's worth seeing an entire program even if you don't do it exactly the same.

Bolton's program doesn't really give you a progression from cycle to cycle, which I thought was weird.
    Maybe if you're already one of the strongest men in the world, you just hope that you can progress from cycle to cycle. In which case you'll go from being one of the strongest to hands down THE strongest.
    Internet Weightlifting Expert.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1759931

"Only people willing to work to the point of discomfort on a regular basis using effective means to produce that discomfort will actually look like they have been other-than-comfortable most of the time." - Mark Rippetoe

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Lifting N Tx View Post
    Is there a write up somewhere?

I'd like to see it to see how he programs things, even if I don't do it myself. I think 5/3/1 has merit, but the Wendler takes too long to actually get to people's RMs, at least for most lifters. I also think that people overestimate the importance of the 5/3/1 work given the low volume, and underestimate the importance of the support work. This is probably true in general, not just for 5/3/1, so I think it's worth seeing an entire program even if you don't do it exactly the same.

Maybe if you're already one of the strongest men in the world, you just hope that you can progress from cycle to cycle. In which case you'll go from being one of the strongest to hands down THE strongest.
    I don't really know about a write up. There are some threads about it in the powerlifting section on here, but they have been pretty dead lately.

The other thing (just remembered) that boggles my mind is that there is really no warm up prescribed. To me that is odd. I've been playing with my warmups, and I'm not sure I've quite figured out how to make sure I'm firing on all cylinders before I hit my working sets. It takes me some time to get loose right after waking up, and I think I may add in some more warmups next go around. I'm trying to keep stuff consistent at this point, even if I don't love it. Makes it hard to measure what is going on in my working sets if I'm not consistent with all the other junk.

Volume is a bit higher with Bolton's routine. Working sets are usually 3 sets of 'X' reps (straight weight). So the first month is 3x8, second is 3x5, third is 3x3, and last is 2x1 + deload. Each week the percentage lifted progresses... block periodization at its finest.

I do tend to vary my support work greatly. Some days it is heavier and lower rep, other days 1-2 sets of 30+ reps. It really depends on how banged up I feel, how much energy I have after my working sets, and how much time I have. I also consider what needs the most focus, but I rarely drop support work for a movement pattern entirely. I do cut it back if I'm running low on time. The important thing is to hit my working sets, everything else is icing. Some days there is less icing than others
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

rebuilding the bulldozer homelifter's Avatar
    homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There was just a rib competition in town last weekend and I thought of you.

... I was masturbating in the shower, the ribs thing was more of a coincidence
    At least you weren't thinking about me for very long.
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=664713

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

I don't ask for much on my daily goals.....just one more rep than last time.

When you stand firm in your beliefs...the people who don't will pass in and out of your life...the ones who stand with you..those are your friends.

Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How do you all feel about doing an ortmayer deadlift routine during a Sheiko program?
    Master of karate, and friendship, for everyone crew.

darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Miketoc View Post
    How do you all feel about doing an ortmayer deadlift routine during a Sheiko program?
    I feel nothing at all about that. Mostly because it wouldn't be me doing it.
    ***Anyone With "Crew" in Their Signature Sucks Balls Crew***

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by homelifter View Post
    At least you weren't thinking about me for very long.
    Nope. You are my go-to fantasy when I want to rub one out in 30 seconds or less. I start thinking about you smoking a hog and... BRB

... yup, does it every time.
    I like the Ortmayer DL routine. The last time I seriously deadlifted, that was the protocol I used. I very rarely deadlift, if I'm honest. I find it hard to work into a 6 day/week training cycle that includes a lot of Olympic lifts. So while I pull from the floor three days a week, the loads are very light, in comparison. Deadlifting hoses my Oly lifts, and right now I'm TRYING to get a BW snatch. I can still squat as heavy as I wish, without any repurcussions, so I have just been doing that.

Wonder what it would do to run this protocol for squats... or any other big lift.
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

Holy sh!t, check out the fivehead on this bish: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ph...photo/12729762

Analysis paralysis Lifting N Tx's Avatar
    Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haven't done Mag/Ort but it doesn't look all that different from the DL volume of some of the easier Sheiko programs. The harder ones (CMS prep) have you lifting 4x/week, two of them doing DL and two squats.

So if you can handle a Sheiko program, subbing the Mag/Ort DL setup for Sheiko's prescribed DL shouldn't be bad.

Now what I've been contemplating, a "Smolko" or "Sheikov" routine might be another matter. But I was just thinking of doing the Sheiko 2x/week DLing, Smolov Jr for bench, and whatever I decide to do for squats/leg work.
    Internet Weightlifting Expert.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1759931

"Only people willing to work to the point of discomfort on a regular basis using effective means to produce that discomfort will actually look like they have been other-than-comfortable most of the time." - Mark Rippetoe

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy sh!t, check out the fivehead on this bish: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ph...photo/12729762
    Holy Sh!t is right!
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wow I don't even

I can really relate to this picture as it brings back memories of catching snowflakes on my tongue as a youth.

... Of course I wore more clothes

... and never looked quite so seduct... wait a minute! I am beginning to suspect she isn't looking to catch snow flakes at all

CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Howdy

Anyone know how to workout?

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CYTX View Post
    Howdy

Anyone know how to workout?
    I am probably the only one who does.

I lifted a weight once.

I got sick as hell this week so to catch up on my Ortmayer routine I'm going to have to do 6 day rests between days for the next 3 weeks! Only six days, I'll probably die.

Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tried lifting but then it hurted so bad I gaved it up.

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Originally Posted by Mindi912 View Post
    I tried lifting but then it hurted so bad I gaved it up.
    I will say after yesterday I am quite sore. I should also give this up.

EDIT: FROM LIFTING!

This is a fair question for BB.com, CYTX. My advice would be to walk away and never look back.

... never

... look

... back

Hey Everyone, how's things going apart from slow in here?

Just wanted to pop in and first say hello

I've been super busy lately with work and everything which is awesome.

On top of that my ladies BJJ t-shirts are finally printed up and out on the market for sale -

I know it looks black in the pic but the tee is actually navy blue.

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Shirt observations:

1) It kind of looks like the black dragon is riding the white dragon cowgirl style... I approve.

2) It looks like the black dragon has ferocious flatulance... I approve.

Shirt observations:

1) It kind of looks like the black dragon is riding the white dragon cowgirl style... I approve.

2) It looks like the black dragon has ferocious flatulance... I approve.
    Navy blue not black and that's just rude!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Navy blue not black and that's just rude!
    Fine, Navy Blue.

I'm not the one drawing obscene dragons, how am I rude?

+ you know this about me.

+ you wouldn't like any of us nearly as much if we were politically correct or well behaved.

... In other news, I've had a couple good pullup workouts. Just decided to see how my training was going with this lift, and have been knocking out some max rep sets. BW I hit 18, +45lbs I hit 10, and next week I'm going to see where I'm at with +70lbs. I haven't hit more than maybe 10 reps BW and 5 reps with +45lbs, so knocking out almost double the reps from my working sets surprised me.

Fine, Navy Blue.

I'm not the one drawing obscene dragons, how am I rude?

+ you know this about me.

+ you wouldn't like any of us nearly as much if we were politically correct or well behaved.

... In other news, I've had a couple good pullup workouts. Just decided to see how my training was going with this lift, and have been knocking out some max rep sets. BW I hit 18, +45lbs I hit 10, and next week I'm going to see where I'm at with +70lbs. I haven't hit more than maybe 10 reps BW and 5 reps with +45lbs, so knocking out almost double the reps from my working sets surprised me.
    They aren't obscene!

true I do know this about you and shouldn't expect anything else really lol

Also true I can't stand political correctness lol.

hey that's pretty freaking awesome! Well done. I'm trying to increase my pull up number also.

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ THis!!!
    They aren't obscene!

true I do know this about you and shouldn't expect anything else really lol

Also true I can't stand political correctness lol.

hey that's pretty freaking awesome! Well done. I'm trying to increase my pull up number also.
    How are they not obscene? They are doing reverse cowgirl!!
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    ^ THis!!!

How are they not obscene? They are doing reverse cowgirl!!
    Seriously only you dudes would see this! NO ONE else has said a thing!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Seriously only you dudes would see this! NO ONE else has said a thing!

I didn't notice until AC pointed it out. Since then I can't unsee it.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    I didn't notice until AC pointed it out. Since then I can't unsee it.
    So it's his sick brain spoiling my work.

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000) homelifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hello......hello...........hello.

yep, no one is in here.
    My Journal:

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

When you stand firm in your beliefs...the people who don't will pass in and out of your life...the ones who stand with you..those are your friends.

Location: On the Ho Chi Min Trail Sippin on a 40oz of Old English 800, Vietnam
    MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bb.com not the same anymore. I look at the top of this thrad and July 20th is the top post and here it is Sept 25th. Shame shame. In the old days, 3 minutes ago would be the top post in this thrad.
    Death is winning. Do something.- Sam Boyd

My Journal:

Originally Posted by homelifter View Post
    She is very attractive.

Also, those dragons are definitely inappropriate for <18.

Page 191 of 194 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast