APugs26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pain in arch of my foot?

So after I hadn't been exercising for awhile and got back into it, I started getting this sharp pain in the arch of my foot, I got different shoes and it all went away. Well I haven't had that pain for almost 7 months and it just came back tonight when I was in my kickboxing class. Does anyone have any ideas of what it might be or what I could do to fix it? It doesn't last from the time I start to end it's just for about 7 minutes and then goes away...thanks for your help in advance

Wrexxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    are you sure it just isn't a cramp? sometimes i get them in the arch of my feet and they are SO painful for a little bit then gradually go away when the cramp releases.

digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've had ongoing arch pain my entire life. It sucks.

From what I can tell, it becomes really sensitive because of my choice of shoes. So, for a while my workout shoes were wearing out and did not provide arch support. So I bought inserts (Dr. Sholl's) with a really good arch support and that helps alot. However, if I go out for an extended period in which I'm walking all day (not gym) and I'm wearing the wrong shoes, my arches will feel it later on and the next day (sometimes several days).

You might just need arch support more often than you thought. I suggest staying away from extremely flat shoes, really flat sandals, and extreme use of heels.

I also suggest using golf balls as arch massagers. You'd just put it in the floor and roll it around your arch and plant of your foot until it's fully stretched (remember there are small muscles there too!)

hope that helps!
    "The Way Out Is Through"

Digital Bath Explained: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tmPBuSpmfA

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by APugs26 View Post
    So after I hadn't been exercising for awhile and got back into it, I started getting this sharp pain in the arch of my foot, I got different shoes and it all went away. Well I haven't had that pain for almost 7 months and it just came back tonight when I was in my kickboxing class. Does anyone have any ideas of what it might be or what I could do to fix it? It doesn't last from the time I start to end it's just for about 7 minutes and then goes away...thanks for your help in advance
    I was at first going to mention plantar fasciitis, but since your pain goes away seemingly quickly, could just be cramping? Like another poster suggested. Maybe really stretching your feet and calf muscles before workouts, might help alleviate that. If the pain gets longer, and more persistent, don't rule out PF. If it does get to be longer than normal...like hours...leading into days...definitely see a podiatrist. Good luck!

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Wrexxy View Post
    are you sure it just isn't a cramp? sometimes i get them in the arch of my feet and they are SO painful for a little bit then gradually go away when the cramp releases.
    i get the same thing. I hate it. I find i get it more often if i've been running or on a bike. I find that flexing my toes (putting my toes on the floor and lifting the rest of the foot to stretch it out) works almost all the time. If that doesn't work then i bang the ball of my foot on the floor and continue to flex. Strange i know but i can't stand the foot cramp...and i've tried many different shoes to try and fix it with no real results.

Actually, i had a really bad one today when i finished my cardio.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    flat feet suck, i over pronate so bad, but love to run, and have to watch it as my feet and knees will kill me the next day.

I broke a few ligaments in my left foot a few years ago, and to echo what the other lady said about moving the foot muscles around=crucial.

Another school of thought shuns the whole arch protection deal, as that in the end makes your foot muscle weak, enter the whole barefoot running, vibram five finger nike free stuff.

In my experience I tend to do a lot better with flatter shoes with no arch support, as while I'm walking i'm constantly thinking of pulling up with my arch muscles to strengthen them, and to use the foot as it was intended. One yoga pose in particular, mountain pose, has you just stand there with your feet together, toes as spread out as possible as you use those as grips and actively pull up and engage the foot arch muscles.