Gotheris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What to eat to reach 2600-2800 Calorie Intake (Cleanly)

I've recently stumbled upon this website in the pursuit of improving myself. Now I need a little help with this whole nutrition thing. I'll tell you a little background information on me in the hopes this will help.

About 2 years ago when I was 17 I weighed around 93kg (205lbs) I was around 6ft at this time. I decided that I wasn't going to continue down the destructive path of eating unhealthy and not exercising so I went about rectifying this. 1 year later I got down to around 65kg (143lbs) but in losing so much weight I had very little muscle mass and a bit to skinny for my height of 6ft 2in. And at the beginning of this year I decided it was time to put some mass on these bones of mine, so I bought a gym membership and over the past 5 months I've gone from 65kg (143lbs) to 71kg (156lbs) with very little bf% added to that, I would put this down to me being a newbie.

Now that I've been doing this for awhile and I'm getting pretty damn serious with it, I won't get far without a proper meal plan and calorie counting. Now using a formula I found on this very site I worked out (roughly) that my daily calorie intake would be around 2300 to maintain. So roughly 2700-2800 to put on mass, I want to get up to 75kg (165lbs) - 80kg ( 176lbs). This is where you guys come in and lend a helping hand to someone who is every motivated to stick to the meal plan.

My workout plan is:

Monday - Legs, Back, Biceps and Core
    Tuesday - Cardio
    Wednesday - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Core
    Thursday -Cardio
    Friday- Legs, Back, Biceps and Core
    Saturday- Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Core
    Sunday - Rest Day

And body stats:

Age-19
    Height- 187cm (6ft 2in)
    Weight- 71kg (156lbs)

So pretty much I'm looking for some help with reaching a calorie intake of 2700-2800 Calories.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Gotheris; 06-17-2010 at 12:45 AM.

Registered User forgotten_pulse's Avatar
    forgotten_pulse is on a distinguished road. (+10) forgotten_pulse is on a distinguished road. (+10) forgotten_pulse is on a distinguished road. (+10) forgotten_pulse is on a distinguished road. (+10) forgotten_pulse is on a distinguished road. (+10) forgotten_pulse is on a distinguished road. (+10) forgotten_pulse is on a distinguished road. (+10) forgotten_pulse is on a distinguished road. (+10) forgotten_pulse is on a distinguished road. (+10) forgotten_pulse is on a distinguished road. (+10) forgotten_pulse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey bro,

On most days I eat about ~2800 kcals, and I find it extremely extremely easy if I just eat four 700kcal meals.

For instance, breakfast and lunch = 1 cup oatmeal, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1.5-2scoops protein blend powder. Dinner is whatever my parents make. And before bed 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 tbsp peanut butter.

Catch my drift? :P. And I have been seeing a little over a pound of weight a week doing this. Plus, it's supah cheap.
    Ex Collegiate Distance Runner
    Personal Records: 4:19 (Mile) 8:50 (3k) 15:55 (5k) 26:48 (8k) 3:00:49 (Ocean Drive Marathon)

Bulking Indefinitely

Cuts like an emo kid AtleastItried's Avatar
    AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I assume by clean, you mean a diet high in lean protein and good fats while low in refined sugars? That's what most people mean anyway.

Go to a site like fitday.com if you need calorie counts and build a diet for yourself.

Most people would recommend that you avoid supplementing (ie protein powders) for most of your calories and instead eat whole foods, btw. But it's up to you in the end.
    Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level". ~Bruce Lee

jokka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jokka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jokka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jokka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jokka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jokka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jokka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oatmeal + alot of tbsp's of peanut butter is your friend.

2 cups + 2 tbsp of natty pnut + 1 scoop of whey for breakfast = 1000+ calories.

Originally Posted by AtleastItried View Post
    I assume by clean, you mean a diet high in lean protein and good fats while low in refined sugars? That's what most people mean anyway.

Go to a site like fitday.com if you need calorie counts and build a diet for yourself.

Most people would recommend that you avoid supplementing (ie protein powders) for most of your calories and instead eat whole foods, btw. But it's up to you in the end.
    Yeah exactly what I mean by clean. Thanks for the site! I'm starting to get pretty addicted to this whole fitness lifestyle. All I've been doing is eating what I think is healthy and probably haven't even been hitting my daily maintenance.

heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) heycisco01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I eat between 2500-2600 cals a day.

My fats come from protein shakes, natural peanut butter(majority), low-fat cottage cheese, almonds(majority), whole-grain bread, steel-cut oatmeal, and other natural products.

The bulk of my protein comes from protein shakes, lean meats (chicken breast, tuna), Egg Beaters, Fat Free Cheese, Skim Milk

The bulk carbs come from Whole Grain Breads, Oatmeal, Creatine Drink(lots of sugar for post workout), Sweet Potatos, Skim Milk.

Other than things like fat-free this and that or my creatine mix and protein shakes, I eat a lot of natural foods, where the only processing is from whole grain breads and natural peanut butter.

Thanks for all the comments

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    oats, sweet potatoes, granola, rice, beans, bananas, dried fruit
    whey, chicken, eggs, CC
    PB, nuts, oils

all calorie dense and healthy
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lt_Jesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    also give whole eggs a try, dont shy away from the yolk, the saturated fat is good for you, specially when trying to pack on some serious mass, and about cholesterol, ha dont worry about that, if you are on this site then you have to be someone who is active on a current basis, besides dietary cholesterol doesnt raise serum cholesterol, too much saturated fat, genetics and an overall unhealthy life style are what define that.

also consider supplementing with oils, such as flaxeed, fish oils, or olive oil, you can add them to your protein shakes, pasta, make them into salad dressings, etc, just make sure you dont heat them as it undermines their nutritional properties, I personally add them to cereal, as ill make a protein shake with milk and pour it over a bowl of all bran cereal or vector cereal, makes an amazing pre workout meal, crazy pumps too.

take this from someone who gets full fast, as I have found healthy fats really help in getting in those clean calories without much volume and without making me feel like a stuffed turkey.

As well in order to not get bored with your diet, switch things up, so like buy different types of meats, different veggies, different fruits, etc... altho personally i could live off eggs and egg whites with toast and peanut butter, man that combo tastes great and its what i have for dinner EVERYDAY, i NEVER get bored of it, hehe