sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100)

Give me Fiber hints for Appetite control

Hey, so I was just in a thread for appetite control and I mentioned this product PGX that is supposed to balance out your blood sugar and help you control your appetite. Today I found out that PGX is basically just 'glorified fiber' lol... I guess that's the trick to regulating your blood sugar and controlling appetite, just having regular doses of fiber. Anyone want to confirm this and offer me some tips? I have flax cereal and psyllium, but tbh have never been able to make a regular thing of it. Now that I know that it apparently really helps with regulating blood sugar and appetite I want to get a lot of fiber in regularly without too much hassle and without forking out the bucks for a pricey supplement. Anyone else use fiber to control their appetite and lose weight?
    here's me - http://sammy-o-sammy.blogspot.com/

Nolem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nolem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nolem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nolem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nolem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat these things called vegetables and products made with whole grains, really helps keep me full longer.

You might want to consider adding some to your diet if you don't have them in there already.

Some suggestions : broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, green beans, spinach, oats, nuts, seeds, whole wheat breads and pastas.

Avoid supplement scams, fix your diet.

atasel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atasel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atasel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    musli for breakfast.
    whole bread for lunch (the darker, the better)
    brown rice for dinner

and that's without the veggies and snacks during the day.

getting fiber is very easy, dont supp it.

sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100) sammygirl is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by atasel View Post
    musli for breakfast.
    whole bread for lunch (the darker, the better)
    brown rice for dinner

and that's without the veggies and snacks during the day.

getting fiber is very easy, dont supp it.
    tx atasel I eat lots of this stuff - whole grains, veggies, but I still feel my blood sugar is wonky which is why I want to try getting a simple way to regularly get a lot more fiber than my healthy clean diet provides. I will be alternating between psyllium and flax and/or buying glucomannan for a consistent, steady dosage of fiber.

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    try drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice in the morning before breakfast, and whenever you feel like it throughout the day. i do this, it makes me feel great. gives you energy, makes you feel healthy, and decreases your appetite a lot. tastes good too. i drink it mostly cos i get stomach pain sometimes and this instantly relieves it.

add a pinch of psyllium husk in it in the morning, thats enough.

id also recommend the lemon juice over veggies. cos i dont know about you, but veggies make me bloated. they take up space in my stomach and make me feel sick

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Grapefruits, just cut in half, and scoop out with a spoon like you are eating a bowl of ice cream. Throw a little sweetener(or artificial if thats your thing) on if its too sour.

Celery, keeps me full. A good snack to keep full but satisfied is celery with a little PB spread on it. Not enough to add a ton of calories, just enough that you can taste it and get some mental satisfaction from it.

Water - a good friend, take big drinks so it gets you full. If I sip water a littl eat a time it doesn't make me as full as chugging a whole glass at once. If i chug a glass of water I won't want to eat anything for a while.

Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    try drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice in the morning before breakfast, and whenever you feel like it throughout the day. i do this, it makes me feel great. gives you energy, makes you feel healthy, and decreases your appetite a lot. tastes good too. i drink it mostly cos i get stomach pain sometimes and this instantly relieves it.

add a pinch of psyllium husk in it in the morning, thats enough.

id also recommend the lemon juice over veggies. cos i dont know about you, but veggies make me bloated. they take up space in my stomach and make me feel sick
    thanks, good tip! I have to remember to add lemon juice - actually heard lately too that this really increases your metabolism. So in the AM, first thing, lemon juice with psyllium. I'll make that a routine. As for veggies, my body agrees with them but I hear ya some people can't handle things like cabbage and broccoli

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    also dont forget about salads. cooked veggies always make my stomach hurt but salads are nice, light and refreshing. let me know if u want a recipe for a super tasty light refreshing salad,.. it wont make u feel full(i dont like that feeling anyways), but it will take away your hunger/desire to eat and make u feel good.

Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    also dont forget about salads. cooked veggies always make my stomach hurt but salads are nice, light and refreshing. let me know if u want a recipe for a super tasty light refreshing salad,.. it wont make u feel full(i dont like that feeling anyways), but it will take away your hunger/desire to eat and make u feel good.
    Sure, that sounds nice, why not post it here?

sure its pretty basic but it tastes really good.

cut up tomatoes (i like to use fresh, hard, slightly green/oranges ones) and cucumbers quartered and in slices (make it kinda small), cut up red onions very small, add fresh parsley and chives cut up, and fresh lemon juice from a whole lemon or two.

u can also add other stuff like diced olives, corn, nuts(i like pistachios) and eat it with some chicken and meat or whatever, etc it tastes reaally good. and add a little bit of salt and maybe spray a little bit of olive oil if u want. i also add in small peppers diced up (the green spicy long slim ones)

leave it for an hr or so so the lemon juice gets soaked in

also btw, i would eat salads over cooked vegetables. cooked veggies stretch out your stomach making you hungrier overall (bigger stomach capacity, like opposite of bypass surgery). i ate 1800 calories yesterday as a refeed and my stomach felt like it was going to burst cos it shrunk so much the past few weeks

pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Having fat in your meals will slow digestion and keep your blood sugar steadier. I find nuts to be really helpful in appetite control.

A breakfast that keeps me full for a long time is toast with 3g fiber per slice, with peanut butter that hasn't been sweetened. Plus a glass of milk and and an orange or apple.

If I'm feeling lazy I might have a syntha-6 shake and a handful of baby carrots, and a small amount of almonds. The syntha-6 has some fiber and fat too.