yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100) yadrutas is not very well liked. (-100)

How to keep your gym bag from smelling like a hobo's armpits

I work out almost every morning and my shirt is drenched. I throw it in my bag and go to work for the day while the bag sits in the hot trunk of my car. When I get home, I take it out but I think it's already smelled up my bag. I've already been thru 2 bags in the last 6 months because they aren't machine washable, and I've tried to febreze them, and it's even worse with febreze then without... How do you keep your gym bag stank free? Or is it a given you have to replace it all the time?

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure if srs, but here's an attempt.

Get yourself a big ziplock bag and put your sweaty gear in there. You wouldn't even need to store them in your gym bag, but if you did, at least the zip lock keeps the sweat from crossing over to the fabric of the gym bag.

This isn't really that hard to understand. You sweat, then you put a wet piece of fabric against another piece of fabric that is dry.....moisture moves from wet areas to dry areas.....so your gym bag will get wet. As it sits and ferments......well, it does what it does. You're either going to have to put some kind of barrier in there to limit the contact between them....or wash your gym bag every day.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Just because its not machine washable doesn't mean it can't be cleaned. Turn it inside out and wash it by hand every so often.

Seriously, do you get a new car because your tires are worn out too?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Registered User Curbside_Quiche's Avatar
    Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by yadrutas View Post
    I work out almost every morning and my shirt is drenched. I throw it in my bag and go to work for the day while the bag sits in the hot trunk of my car. When I get home, I take it out but I think it's already smelled up my bag. I've already been thru 2 bags in the last 6 months because they aren't machine washable, and I've tried to febreze them, and it's even worse with febreze then without... How do you keep your gym bag stank free? Or is it a given you have to replace it all the time?
    Rig up a clothes line on your car like in Trailer Park Boys

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If not ziploc bags, just use your grocery bags and put a knot on it so the smell doesn't travel. Seriously, this is a silly question.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've already been thru 2 bags in the last 6 months
    they aren't machine washable
    I know that both of these comments were in the same sentence, but I wanted you to see them as two separate things.

Why are you afraid to wash the gym bags, because they may wear out prematurely?
    You are throwing out bags every 90 days anyway, they might as well not stink.
    "I am only one man, but I am a strong man."
    -FGR 2010.

You don't want the following day's local newspaper headline to be "Dumbass dies on an AirDyne".
    -weisgarb 2013

"Word of warning to whom it may concern: Picking up a 226lb atlas stone and putting it in your car's trunk is easy compared to getting it out of said trunk."
    -Xephonics, 2010

FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Curbside_Quiche View Post
    Rig up a clothes line on your car like in Trailer Park Boys
    Good one. Repped.
    "I am only one man, but I am a strong man."
    -FGR 2010.

You don't want the following day's local newspaper headline to be "Dumbass dies on an AirDyne".
    -weisgarb 2013

"Word of warning to whom it may concern: Picking up a 226lb atlas stone and putting it in your car's trunk is easy compared to getting it out of said trunk."
    -Xephonics, 2010

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bring a dozen clothes pins and pin your shirt up to your car antenna to dry out instead of putting it in your bag. It looks cool driving down the road.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-