doogie749 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body Solid Multi-Press Rack

Hey there. I'm a noob/intermediate weightlifter and am interested in getting a free weight system at home. I searched the forum but couldn't find any opinions about this piece of equipment:

http://www.fitnessfactory.com/Item.aspx?ItemID=493

I was thinking about getting this, the bench that they make and a 300 lbs weight set.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Doug

need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Personally, I dont like that design, If height is an issue, Id look into a half rack/ sumo rack, if height isnt an issue, there are many enclose racks out there for the same money and will ensure your safety.

With that said, Im sure its rated for way more than 300lbs, contact manufacturer to verify.
    "People are bastard covered bastards, with bastard fillings"

doogie749 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cool, thanks for the reply. I couldn't find any references to half racks in the forum- could you recommend a reputable manufacturer? Thanks again.

Doug

need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10) need2eat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Two examples that have been mentioned on this site.

NUMBER ONE

NUMBER TWO
    "People are bastard covered bastards, with bastard fillings"

Smolov kicked my a$$ bigDADDY205's Avatar
    bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've got one, along with the bench and Oly weights. Works really well for all manner of presses, fairly safe. Although it has safety bars you can set at various heights, I wouldn't really recommend it for squatting.

shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    is 6 feet bar ok with body solid multi press rack gpr370?
    i ve a limited space and 6 feet bar length is ok. but 7 feet bar is not ok in my room.
    i have a rack without safety spotters. and i want to change it with this rack. please dont recommend me a power rack because i dont live in Usa. bodysolid dealer has only this rack available. i wont use plate storage of it because i ve standard weights. and i think there s no option of standart plates storage.

so i want to know if we can do bench presses and squat with 6 feet?

http://www.bodysolid.com/Commercial/item.cfm?id=493

thank u.

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shevchenko View Post
    i ve a limited space and 6 feet bar length is ok. but 7 feet bar is not ok in my room.
    i have a rack without safety spotters. and i want to change it with this rack. please dont recommend me a power rack because i dont live in Usa. bodysolid dealer has only this rack available. i wont use plate storage of it because i ve standard weights. and i think there s no option of standart plates storage.

thank u.
    No, it won't fit inside the catches.

shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shevchenko is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thank u very much,

Powerline Power Rack is 82"H x 44"L x 46"W
    Body-Solid Multi-Press Rack 74"H x 45"L x 64"W

so there s 18 inch W difference. i think a power rack will be alright with 6 feet bar.

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)

thank u.
    there are 6 foot standard bars with 50 inch grip length, which should work with the multi press rack. i imagine shipping would be alot, but they sell them here:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/im-0022bspl.html

by the way. ive used the body solid multi press rack and loved the way my workouts flowed more smoothly than with my power rack. having the gunrack was terrific.

also, you could cut the olympic posts off the plates that hold them and see if someone will weld some standard sized pipe onto them.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    thank u very much,

so there s 18 inch W difference. i think a power rack will be alright with 6 feet bar.
    thats some kind of typo. the widths are about the same. if the multi press rack was 64 inches wide, even an olympic bar wouldnt fit on it without the sleeves sitting in the hooks. you need about 50 inches between the collars of the bar to fit on either one.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thank u very much,

Personally I have dropped 600 lbs on the GPR370 and it passes with flying colors. I have never had a problem with mine or complaint from a customer. We have only heard praises about it. As to the bar, the only bar we know of that will fit the rack that is 6' long is the York 6' bar as well as most alumi lite bars thought the lite bars won't hold enough weight. Feel free to email us for any specs.
    cff@christiansfitnessfactory.com
    “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

interesting. in this picture below it s a bodysolid multi press rack, right?
    look at the ceramic. multi press rack is in an area, 3x3 ceramic.i mean length and wide of the multi press rack is same.
    but on bodysolid webpage it says 45"L x 64"W . so in this picture i m sure that there s no 19" difference. i think 4 plate storage makes this difference.
    (sorry for my english)

if someone has this equipment at home can u please tell me the distances i marked with x and y ?

thank u very much

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The x measurement you want is 48 inches, the y measurement is 44 inches.

my friend,
    excellent news
    i will purchase it .
    thank u very much.

i can also tell you i had a 6 foot olympic bar when i had the multi press rack (it had 50" between the collars--ie grip area) and it fit fine on the rack.

thank u. wish i can find that bar in Turkey.
    they sell bodysolid multi press rack for 1000 dollars i see 500 dollars in Usa. products are minimum twice of USA price here.

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Can you place your order from Germany ?

http://www.simpleproducts.de/index.p...v8j4g9la8cgb6k

Originally Posted by KSA View Post
    Can you place your order from Germany ?

http://www.simpleproducts.de/index.p...v8j4g9la8cgb6k
    no. it is impossible. price will be about 1500 dollars if i am lucky. if an item is expensive than 100 dollars they send it to custom office in Turkey

i read people make pull ups with putting the bar onto the top.
    is it safe to make pull ups with empty bar?
    to place a loaded bar onto the top will not be easy

absolutely. just put the bar in the top position. i am barely over 6' tall and around 235 lbs and it worked fine. i did have to bend my knees. i usually left the bar loaded, depending on the weight, and just walked it up the gunrack, side by side, until i was at the top position. or you could just do the pullups when you have a light load on the bar (or before or after it is loaded).

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You should be fine doing that as long as keep good form. Your body weight should keep the bar stable on the hooks.

thank u for your answers.

about 4 Olympic storage posts. i will use my standard weights. so i cant put my plates onto them. do i have to load them for stability? if the storage posts are empty, and the loaded bar is on the safety bars in front of the rack. will there be a risk ?
    or rack is sturdy enough and i dont have to load the storage posts..

thanks

it does help some to have weight on the posts, but ive done heavy work with no weight back there and it felt plenty stable. if i only had standard plates, i would cut the olympic storage posts and have some standard sized pipe welded on...now you would have your weight storage and no need to have plates laying around or on another storage rack.

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The horns can be empty, the rack is very stable.

yes u are right.
    before instruction i ve to go to a ironsmith and have some standard sized pipe welded on
    i think the parts for storage posts are not seperate from the machine installation. i ve to install them for rack installation..
    so i ve to go before installing the multi press rack.
    Last edited by shevchenko; 06-17-2010 at 06:38 AM.