son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

My first comprehensive meal plan w/macros...pls critique

After guesstimating for the last few years I finally sat and logged each and every goddam calorie in my new routine. It was a good thing I did because I was shorting myself in certain areas and not knowing it. Anyways I figured out that my caloric maintenance level is right about at 2875. My goal over the next 8-9 weeks to to lean bulk up to around 220-225. Then, its time to cut down to as close to 10% BF as possible while keeping the muscle mass. I'll prob end up weighing around 200 all said and done. In the meantime, how's this looking?

**EDIT**

**** man the formatting got all screwed up. Ill repost a clean copy in a second
    Last edited by son_of_samhain; 06-16-2010 at 12:48 PM.
    Rolling back to the basics after making all the rookie mistakes in the past. On the road back to 230lbs clean with minimal supps & proper focus on diet and form.

~Strength-Determination-Merciless-Forever~

son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Again, my caloric maintenance number is 2875.

Rolling back to the basics after making all the rookie mistakes in the past. On the road back to 230lbs clean with minimal supps & proper focus on diet and form.

joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm too lazy to count but what are your fat macros? Also isn't that too much protein per day? Or do people really see the benefit of doing 300-400g per day of protein. I read in an article on bb.com that it was counter-productive. Was just an article though.

1-1.5g per lb of bw was the standard I thought.

Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
    I'm too lazy to count but what are your fat macros? Also isn't that too much protein per day? Or do people really see the benefit of doing 300-400g per day of protein. I read in an article on bb.com that it was counter-productive. Was just an article though.

1-1.5g per lb of bw was the standard I thought.
    Yeah I was thinking of pinching off a little here and there to lessen the protein closer to 275-300.....but I feel more is better than less. And yeah I sholda included fat count but its hovering around 50 grams or so

joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joejccva71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by son_of_samhain View Post
    Yeah I was thinking of pinching off a little here and there to lessen the protein closer to 275-300.....but I feel more is better than less. And yeah I sholda included fat count but its hovering around 50 grams or so
    Cool. Other than the high protein I think it's pretty solid. I personally like to make 500 cal jumps instead of 1000 but everyone is different. One other thing I was going to say is 50g of fat for a 3800 cal diet is a bit low. Just technically speaking you should be consuming about 20-30% of your total cal intake with good fats. I personally do 25%.

Others may chime in.

Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
    Cool. Other than the high protein I think it's pretty solid. I personally like to make 500 cal jumps instead of 1000 but everyone is different. One other thing I was going to say is 50g of fat for a 3800 cal diet is a bit low. Just technically speaking you should be consuming about 25% of your total cal intake with good fats.

Others may chime in.
    Cool, yeah like I said Ive been blessed with a fairly high metabolism and have survived until now by pretty much "guessing" my daily nutrition. Now with this new plan I cant go wrong

I figured that slightly above 500 calories on OFF days and nearly 1k over on WORKOUT days will do some good damage!

Nolem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nolem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nolem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nolem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nolem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    unless your on teh sauce be ready for some fat.

???

Ive read of people going THOUSANDS of calories above maintenance level...I'm on a mild bulk and nowhere near the point where I have to fear getting fat. And remember, healthy fat replaces bad fats.