Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution Sandman33's Avatar
    Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000)

You might wanna sticky this. Collapse - FULL

Here's Eberts review of the film:

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...IEWS/912099993

Collapse

BY ROGER EBERT / December 9, 2009

Cast & CreditsVitagraph Films presents a documentary directed by Chris Smith. Featuring Michael Ruppert. Running time: 82 minutes. No MPAA rating.

If this man is correct, then you may be reading the most important story in today's paper.

I have no way of assuring you that the bleak version of the future outlined by Michael Ruppert in Chris Smith's "Collapse" is accurate. I can only tell you I have a pretty good built-in B.S. detector, and its needle never bounced off zero while I watched this film. There is controversy over Ruppert, and he has many critics. But one simple fact at the center of his argument is obviously true, and it terrifies me.

That fact: We have passed the peak of global oil resources. There are only so many known oil reserves. We have used up more than half of them. Remaining reserves are growing smaller, and the demand is growing larger. It took about a century to use up the first half. That usage was much accelerated in the most recent 50 years. Now the oil demands of giant economies like India and China are exploding. They represent more than half the global population, and until recent decades had small energy consumption.

If the supply is finite, and usage is potentially doubling, you do the math. We will face a global oil crisis, not in the distant future, but within the lives of many now alive. They may well see a world without significant oil.

Oh, I grow so impatient with those who prattle about our untapped resources in Alaska, yada yada yada. There seems to be only enough oil in Alaska to power the United States for a matter of months. The world's great oil reserves have been discovered.

Saudi Arabia sits atop the largest oil reservoir ever found. For years, the Saudis have refused to disclose any figures at all about their reserves. If those reserves are vast and easy to tap by drilling straight down through the desert, then ask yourself this question: Why are the Saudis spending billions of dollars to develop offshore drilling platforms?

Ruppert is a man ordinary in appearance, on the downhill slope of middle age, a chain smoker with a mustache. He is not all worked up. He speaks reasonably and very clearly. "Collapse" involves what he has to say, illustrated with news footage and a few charts, the most striking of which is a bell-shaped curve. It takes a lot of effort to climb a bell-shaped curve, but the descent is steep and dangerous.

He recites facts I knew, vaguely. Many things are made from oil. Everything plastic. Paint. There are eight gallons of oil in every auto tire. Oil supplies the energy to convert itself into those byproducts. No oil, no plastic, no tires, no gas to run cars, no machines to build them. No coal mines, except those operated by men and horses.

Alternative energies and conservation? The problem is the cost of obtaining and using it. Ethanol requires more energy than it produces. Hybrid and battery cars need engines, tires and batteries. Nuclear power plants need to be built with oil. Electricity from wind power is most useful near its source. It is transmitted by grids built and maintained by oil. Wave power is expensive to collect. Solar power is cheap and limitless, but we need a whole hell of a lot more solar panels and other collecting devices.

Like I say, you do the math. Ruppert has done his math, and he concludes that our goose is cooked. He doesn't have any answers. We're passing the point of diminishing returns on the way to our rendezvous with the point of no return. It was nice while it lasted. People lived happily enough in the centuries before oil, electricity and steam, I guess. Of course, there were fewer than 6 billion of us. In this century, Ruppert says, there will be a lot fewer than 6 billion again. It won't be a pretty sight.

I'm not going to mention his theories about global warming, because that's a subject that inflames too many zealots. About peak oil, his reasoning is clear, simple and hard to refute.

So you can stop reading now. That's the heart of Ruppert's message, delivered by a calm guy who could be Wilford Brimley's kid brother, lives alone with his dog and is behind on his rent.

I was fascinated by some of the directions peak oil takes him into. For him, he says, it was the key to understanding many seemingly unconnected geopolitical events. The facts he outlines are known to world leaders, who don't talk a lot about them in alarmist terms, but they explain why Bush/Cheney were happy to have an excuse to invade Iraq. And why our embassy compound in Baghdad is the largest we've ever built, larger than Vatican City. And why we're so much more worried by Iran than North Korea. They may also explain Obama's perplexing decision to increase troops in Afghanistan. An undeclared world war for oil is already under way.

I don't know when I've seen a thriller more frightening. I couldn't tear my eyes from the screen. "Collapse" is even entertaining, in a macabre sense. I think you owe it to yourself to see it.

Here's the whole film.

Last edited by Sandman33; 06-16-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sandman33 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bump!

RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what the **** is it about?

Originally Posted by RobertGreenLOL View Post
    what the **** is it about?
    It's literally the most important documentary about the short past, the present, and exactly how we got here and what's coming.

Not just what's COMING but what we're already IN. And how its' going to end up.

And it's dead phucking correct.

It really DOES need to be stickied. I don't care about the reps or any bs. I just feel that people NEED to see this. And will probably thank me afterwards.

This came out in the theaters a year ago....but it was held to only a few theaters.

I've been trying to find it ever since. It was just released today. I called EVERY Blockbuster in my area...none of them have it. I was told they have ONE that's an E-rental. Meaning someone in the entire U.S. currently has it...and when they mail it back in Blockbuster would mail it to me to watch for $4.

It's purchasable online as well. But someone was nice enough to Youtube it.

I don't feel bad about giving it to you guys because this guy REALLY doesn't care about money anymore...

RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobertGreenLOL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    cool man i'm interested in this type of stuff. will watch later when i have time.

Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    watched the trailer. made me paranoid. dont know if want.

Originally Posted by Delta1 View Post
    watched the trailer. made me paranoid. dont know if want.
    If you were on the Titanic would you rather be at the bar saying "THIS IS THE TITANIC! IT'S UNSINKABLE!"

Or would you rather be chillin next to the lifeboats?

MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sandman33 View Post
    It's literally the most important documentary about the short past, the present, and exactly how we got here and what's coming.

This came out in the theaters a year ago....but it was held to only a few theaters.

I don't feel bad about giving it to you guys because this guy REALLY doesn't care about money anymore...

That didn't tell me ANYTHING. Holy **** you typed out a few paragraphs and I still know nothing about it. Course I'm on my phone and can't see any of the videos so I may have missed some context

Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you were on the Titanic would you rather be at the bar saying "THIS IS THE TITANIC! IT'S UNSINKABLE!"

Or would you rather be chillin next to the lifeboats?
    im just sayin man, i know this stuff affects me (it affects all of us). but what can i do to stop it? NOTHING. i might as well live in ignorance and be happy for the next decade(s) than to know my whole world is gonna come crumbling down and i can do nothing to prevent it from happening.

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)

It really DOES need to be stickied. I don't care about the reps or any bs. I just feel that people NEED to see this. And will probably thank me afterwards.

I've been trying to find it ever since. It was just released today. I called EVERY Blockbuster in my area...none of them have it. I was told they have ONE that's an E-rental. Meaning someone in the entire U.S. currently has it...and when they mail it back in Blockbuster would mail it to me to watch for $4.

You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything

tapout221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tapout221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tapout221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tapout221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tapout221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tapout221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tapout221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tapout221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tapout221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tapout221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tapout221 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    watched 5 mins of it and it already sounds like a movie, secret spy finance, shootings etc etc
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - Dean Karnazes

Has the pride of lions. lionpride's Avatar
    lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    His speech patters are similar to Obama's.

It's unnerving.
    MISC Anti-*******ry Crew

~AMC~

Negs on sight: slimjimmacdim, Codo

SteelSS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SteelSS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SteelSS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SteelSS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SteelSS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SteelSS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SteelSS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SteelSS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SteelSS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SteelSS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SteelSS has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    America's evil, etc etc.

Swolebrah69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swolebrah69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swolebrah69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swolebrah69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swolebrah69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swolebrah69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swolebrah69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swolebrah69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swolebrah69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swolebrah69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swolebrah69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in for later viewing
    ~ASU Crew~

Physical, Mental, Financial and Social Self-Improvement Thread (GTFIH if you want to improve yourself)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146594863

Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So...reptilians?
    Spike92 is 15.
    ^ place this in your sig to remind the world that Spike92 is indeed 15 and will never be anything other than 15.

When im not hungry I eat. When Im tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder.

Originally Posted by An hero View Post
    You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything
    It shows you how WE as mankind got to this debt/resource crisis. It really all hinges on oil. If you don't uderstand just HOW many things are made from oil you will.

It then shows you exactly what we're dealing with with no spin or agenda whatsoever, just plain facts.

Then it shows you what you're going to face in the very near future.

Originally Posted by tapout221 View Post
    watched 5 mins of it and it already sounds like a movie, secret spy finance, shootings etc etc
    It's a documentary.

Originally Posted by SteelSS View Post
    America's evil, etc etc.
    No one is evil in this video. Just mans greed. Thats about it.

Originally Posted by Big Slim DaDDy View Post
    So...reptilians?
    Not even close.

TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    will watch thanks
    I read about your gyno too, Im sorry
    I had a friend get surgery over some bitch tits cuz he didnt want ehm
    I know you probably hear this everyday, but you’re my biggest Inspiration
    I even stood by you when your claim of natty turned out to be a fabrication
    I got a folder full of your posts and your pictures man
    I like the s**t you did b4 Clive too, that s**t was thick. solid. tight
    Anyways, I hope you get this man, rep me back
    Just to Tinychat, truly yours, your biggest fan
    This is TheVM

Originally Posted by Delta1 View Post
    im just sayin man, i know this stuff affects me (it affects all of us). but what can i do to stop it? NOTHING. i might as well live in ignorance and be happy for the next decade(s) than to know my whole world is gonna come crumbling down and i can do nothing to prevent it from happening.

It tells you what to expect. So you can better prepare or react to it.

It also tells you how to help.

Originally Posted by TheVM View Post
    will watch thanks
    You're very welcome.

I've honestly been looking for this for months. Checking youtube and googlevids at least once a week. Today was the first day I found it and it's just as good as I expected.

Bump

Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Not even close.
    Amphibians? I for one welcome our toad and salamander overlords.
    Spike92 is 15.
    ^ place this in your sig to remind the world that Spike92 is indeed 15 and will never be anything other than 15.

When im not hungry I eat. When Im tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder.

Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah I've seen that movie. One of the worst documentaries ever. Nothing like your daily dosage of fear mongering. Dude is obssesed with cigerattes too

MUCH better documentary. Robert Steele, a former top CIA agent.

Last edited by Fist-Of-Freedom; 06-15-2010 at 03:43 PM.
    ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰LOOK UP☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰✈

Virgin women-hater Frozen_By_You's Avatar
    Frozen_By_You is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Frozen_By_You is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Frozen_By_You is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Frozen_By_You is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Frozen_By_You is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Frozen_By_You is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Frozen_By_You is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Frozen_By_You is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Frozen_By_You is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Frozen_By_You is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Frozen_By_You is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    amazing
    Ignoring an attention whore is like stabbing them in the heart. - BreadNGatorade

xXDarkJudgeXx is a complete loser! (-2000) xXDarkJudgeXx is a complete loser! (-2000) xXDarkJudgeXx is a complete loser! (-2000) xXDarkJudgeXx is a complete loser! (-2000) xXDarkJudgeXx is a complete loser! (-2000) xXDarkJudgeXx is a complete loser! (-2000) xXDarkJudgeXx is a complete loser! (-2000) xXDarkJudgeXx is a complete loser! (-2000) xXDarkJudgeXx is a complete loser! (-2000) xXDarkJudgeXx is a complete loser! (-2000) xXDarkJudgeXx is a complete loser! (-2000)

Bro, you're saying anything right now.
    [A.W.P] Anti White-Knight Police Force

Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰LOOK UP☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰✈

Originally Posted by xXDarkJudgeXx View Post
    Bro, you're saying anything right now.
    Did you watch the movie? Don't talk till you've seen it.

Originally Posted by Fist-Of-Freedom View Post
    What part of the film did you disagree with?

JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    At 3:01, he lies stating that he was given Q clearance without his knowledge.

A)You cannot recieve a security clearance without participating in the investigation.
    B)Q Clearance isn't used by the military, it's civilian
    C)Q Clearance is a DOE security clearance.

Stopped watching at that point.

Originally Posted by JDBattleMC View Post
    At 3:01, he lies stating that he was given Q clearance without his knowledge.

A)You cannot recieve a security clearance without participating in the investigation.
    B)Q Clearance isn't used by the military, it's civilian
    C)Q Clearance is a DOE security clearance.

Stopped watching at that point.
    This was 50 years ago.....things may have been different then.

And it has no relevence to the point of the film.

Watch TEN minutes instead of 3....

JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDBattleMC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This was 50 years ago.....things may have been different then.

And it has no relevence to the point of the film.

Watch TEN minutes instead of 3....
    They dont change clearance names, and why would I watch more of the film when the entire premise is that we are supposed to believe what this guy said? He already discredited himself.