EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Pros/Cons to having prices listed online?

Apparently the search button has been broken for the past 3 days cause I know there is a thread about this topic in this forum

I've always had my prices on my website so I don't really know what type of results I would've gotten had they not been there. My theory was I may get less leads cause people feel price is too high but the leads I do get are very solid, and the potential client already has their mind made up that they can afford it.

As I'm trying to build my mailing list up higher and higher I thought I could get additional emails if I had them fill out a form requesting the rates and I could have it automatically email them. Big benefit is i'd obtain their contact info even if they weren't interested right now. So I'm kind've leaning towards removing prices for that reason.

I think I may get more leads but I'll have a larger percentage that don't sign up. For future reference, some of my mailing lists may provide a promotion that they can afford or if nothing else I'll be able to stay in touch.

Thoughts? What has worked for others?

PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I list my prices. People are inherently lazy, or at least want as little hassle as possible, and want to be able to compare things at the click of a button. They obviously take more than just the price into account but it's a big part of it. I list exactly what's involved in each package, though I do tailored and single sessions/batches not part of a package as well, so am more than comfortable listing the prices. Especially since I give a "Bring a Friend" discount so I am very keen on showing them just how much they can save and just how ridiculously competitive I am compared to some of the PTs up in Edinburgh.

I don't really see the need for a big mail-list full of people that aren't interested. Yeah, it's cool to have 500 email addresses but if they don't do you any good then I don't see the point. I'd rather have a list of 10 addresses and tel nrs of relatively solid leads to be honest.

Would be interesting to hear from those who have built up a mailing list.
    High quality Home Personal Training in Edinburgh, UK.

www.castlepersonaltraining.com

Look us up on ******** "Castlepersonaltraining" or just look me up "Peteratcastle"

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not done my certification yet, so I'll preface this by saying I haven't tested this theory.

But I do not plan on advertising prices online. I feel that you miss out on the moment to sell yourself to a potential client. When a client views your price, and then views other prices (A is $65 an hour, B is $45 an hour, C is $50 an hour), they are only really looking at a number (yes, they can view other parts of your website, but the number sticks in their mind). That number might turn them away because the lower price sticks in their head, despite the fact that your price is worth more for xyz reason. PT can be expensive for many people, but part of selling yourself is selling why you and your time is more valuable than the other guy who undercuts.

If a client is serious and calls you, you can give your price but also give the first critical impression.

Just my opinion.

*I have noticed that many of the local successful trainers near me do not offer in-person pricing online, but offer online training package prices online. I wonder what others feel about that?

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My opinion is that if people are basing their decision about whether or not to hire a trainer based solely on how much you cost, you don't want them as a client anyway. I have my prices published and I don't give discounts for higher session packages - everyone pays the same because I expect the same commitment and give the same attention to everybody whether you work with me for five sessions or five hundred.

However, my prices are also ridiculously low (in my city) for someone with my level of experience and credentials. I find that it ensures people stay with me for longer periods of time since finances aren't a concern so it saves me prospecting. It also guarantees them great results, which results in referrals and great word of mouth.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    No prices --> more enquiries ---> a few clients
    Prices ---> less enquiries ---> a few clients

It leads to the same number of actual clients either way, the only question is how many people do you have to talk to before getting those few clients. Put your prices up there, saves you talking to the ones who aren't serious.

EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by PeteratCastle View Post
    I don't really see the need for a big mail-list full of people that aren't interested. Yeah, it's cool to have 500 email addresses but if they don't do you any good then I don't see the point. I'd rather have a list of 10 addresses and tel nrs of relatively solid leads to be honest.

Would be interesting to hear from those who have built up a mailing list.
    I've had two clients that have come back to me after being away for 8-9 months and they'll always respond to the newsletter so I would assume that is what sparked their interest to come back. They both fell off that wagon a little so they may have been looking, they may have come back to me anyway that part I don't know. It's about $520 per month that came back from those two though.

I also use it as a networking tool. I have 200+ on my mailing list at the moment after about a year. Some of the local companies i've bartered with or sent referrals to I will sometimes feature them in my mailing list. So maybe someone no longer cares about personal training but they need a good chiropractor who accepts insurance. My referral in the newsletter could send them there way. I've used that as a trading tool to help get my lead boxes in places around town.

Mailing lists are great, I use mailchimp.com which is free. There are plenty of templates that look very professional, you can put in your own content. I have my mailing lists synced where it will automatically post on my ******** page and twitter page, which just creates more valid content which probably helps a tad with SEO but also just has more action happening on your social media pages.

PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EdgarAllanPoe View Post
    I've had two clients that have come back to me after being away for 8-9 months and they'll always respond to the newsletter so I would assume that is what sparked their interest to come back. They both fell off that wagon a little so they may have been looking, they may have come back to me anyway that part I don't know. It's about $520 per month that came back from those two though.

I also use it as a networking tool. I have 200+ on my mailing list at the moment after about a year. Some of the local companies i've bartered with or sent referrals to I will sometimes feature them in my mailing list. So maybe someone no longer cares about personal training but they need a good chiropractor who accepts insurance. My referral in the newsletter could send them there way. I've used that as a trading tool to help get my lead boxes in places around town.

Mailing lists are great, I use mailchimp.com which is free. There are plenty of templates that look very professional, you can put in your own content. I have my mailing lists synced where it will automatically post on my ******** page and twitter page, which just creates more valid content which probably helps a tad with SEO but also just has more action happening on your social media pages.
    Cool that makes it worth it. Will start looking into it. Thanks mate

Look us up on ******** "Castlepersonaltraining" or just look me up "Peteratcastle"

MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've tried both. First I didn't list my prices and I had a lot of inquiries but most of them couldn't afford what I charged. Then I started listing my prices and I don't get anywhere near as many inquiries but 90% or the ones I do get end up being clients.

I agree with KyleAaron on this one. You're going to save a lot of hassle by listing your prices, that way you only get the people who can afford your training and are ready to take it serious. Most people appreciate you being upfront about your prices and even if they decide to go with a cheaper trainer, in the chance that trainer doesn't work out there's a good chance they'll upgrade and go with you. A lot of people realize that more experienced trainers charge more money, so the real serious clients will never go with the cheapest price. They'll usually pick 3 they think are reasonable and meet with them to discuss their program.

Bottom line, list your price and show what you're worth.
    Mike Esparza
    Esparza Fitness
    Personal Training & Fitness Classes
    www.esparzafitness.com
    www.********.com/esparzafitness

shapetime will become famous soon enough. (+50) shapetime will become famous soon enough. (+50) shapetime will become famous soon enough. (+50) shapetime will become famous soon enough. (+50) shapetime will become famous soon enough. (+50) shapetime will become famous soon enough. (+50) shapetime will become famous soon enough. (+50) shapetime will become famous soon enough. (+50) shapetime will become famous soon enough. (+50) shapetime will become famous soon enough. (+50) shapetime will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post

It leads to the same number of actual clients either way, the only question is how many people do you have to talk to before getting those few clients. Put your prices up there, saves you talking to the ones who aren't serious.
    Did not think this way, but what you said actually makes a lot of sense. What is your time worth to you. Nothing worse than meeting with a potential for an hour (sometimes more) and only find out that they are not really that interested in the first place.
    Hit'it,
    SHAPETIME

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155658373&p=1106578083#post1106578083

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PeteratCastle View Post
    I list my prices. People are inherently lazy, or at least want as little hassle as possible, and want to be able to compare things at the click of a button.
    No, not everyone is like that.

Don't know about you but I dont want clients who are inherently lazy and want as little hassle as possible.

I dont put my prices up and people making the effort to contact us is part of the prequalification process. We dont take just anyone on and i've dropped a lot of clients as well.

We are at the higher end of the price scale so I dont explain our prices to people until we get a chance to show them WHY we are the most expensive in town.

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post

I think you are missing the factor of 'quality of client'.

As I've mentioned above, your actual price in comparision to others plays into this. If you put your prices up but you are very expensive, chances are you wont get a lot of interest. If you put your prices up and you are cheap..... well you are going to get a lot of cheap clients.

At the end of the day, if people are choosing you based on price, well you have not marketing yourself well enough.

Originally Posted by PerFit View Post
    No, not everyone is like that.

Don't know about you but I dont want clients who are inherently lazy and want as little hassle as possible.

I dont put my prices up and people making the effort to contact us is part of the prequalification process. We dont take just anyone on and i've dropped a lot of clients as well.

We are at the higher end of the price scale so I dont explain our prices to people until we get a chance to show them WHY we are the most expensive in town.
    I see where you're coming but that's not really an issue for me. I sell packages, I do have a section about single sessions but have only done 1 or 2 single sessions with clients and they were only single sessions because the clients travelled and stayed in my town on business. (got the business through a hotel)

What I essentially sell are packages of 20-24 sessions. People pay in advance and job done. I understand that most people want a PT experience that's all inclusive, so includes dietary advice etc, and is made as easy as possible for them. I am not cheap though I am good value. my clients are busy people, and they just want to look online..and compare stuff there. I make that as straightforward as possible for them.

I am not snooty about who I train as I know they will show up, they have bought the package after all, so I don't need to worry about pre-screening too much as I don't get the "I can't be bothered so I will cancel" flunkies others in my area have to put up with.

To be fair, I've not been kicking around for very long. I have a few clients (I'm ahead of where I thought I'd be but not 20/30, I couldn't manage 20/30 anyways to be honest) so you might well be right and I'm sure I will find out this year whether my model is successful or not