giving my body a reason DominationStation's Avatar
    DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Deadlift form check

Had someone take a vid for me on my fone, the quality sucks and he only got the first 2 reps (out of a set of 5), plus the vid is sideways, but here it is (weight is 265):

I hit this weight for a PR for the first time last week and decided to repeat it (on a caloric deficit, so I have to stay conservative). I realize that my form looked pretty sh*tty today even though it was a repeat weight, but I'm hoping that it was just an off day. I think the main problem is that it seems like about a split-second before I starting pulling the bar off the floor, my back loses full extension, is this b/c the weight might be too heavy? B/c it didn't feel too bad...My belt probably shoulda been a notch tighter, but idt that can have that big of an affect. All criticism is welcome, I'll try to have people start taking phone videos more often.
    Today I'll do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you're rounding your back alot. You want to keep the natural curve in your spine at all times.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

anonymous
    It was sideways and I didn't look too spectatively or anything, but I did notice your first rep your ass began to raise before you pulled the bar off the ground. Try to make everything one simultaneous motion. It was better during the 2nd rep. You also rounded your back some. It's ok to do that a bit in your upper back but you do not want to round your lower back.

Try arching your back more from the start. I always over-arch when I get ready to DL because I know I'll lose some of it when pulling a real heavy set.

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mindi912 View Post
    you're rounding your back alot. You want to keep the natural curve in your spine at all times.
    Originally Posted by rkrajnov View Post
    It was sideways and I didn't look too spectatively or anything, but I did notice your first rep your ass began to raise before you pulled the bar off the ground. Try to make everything one simultaneous motion. It was better during the 2nd rep. You also rounded your back some. It's ok to do that a bit in your upper back but you do not want to round your lower back.

Try arching your back more from the start. I always over-arch when I get ready to DL because I know I'll lose some of it when pulling a real heavy set.
    these 2. looked more like a stiff leg dead than a conventional dead.
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hard to tell.. Lots of rounding.

Do you always use a belt? Perhaps learning how to lift without a belt will help you perfect your form. I see far to many people with sloppy form because they use a belt and feel that their back will not round because of the belt.

You definitly need to drop your ass a bit more as well. This will help to keep the natural curve in your back. The bar should ride up your legs both up and down. Also, try not to relax as much on the negative part of the lift. Stay in control of the weight throughout the entire movement.

giving my body a reason DominationStation's Avatar
    DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thanks everyone, i really appreciate it; i'll get to repping you all when i'm off recharge (i owe a lot of reps right now, lol, but i won't forget).

i guess the main thing to take away from this is to keep my ass down and over-emphasize the "natural arch" to try and avoid losing it. and @Frozn, no, this is only my 3rd time using a belt, so i'm still kind of getting used to it. next monday i'm probably going to max out, so i'll make sure to take some more vids and focus on keeping good form the whole time.
    Today I'll do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    as already mentioned, your legs straighten too soon.

also, the pelvic thrust looks a bit over done at lockout.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung