joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Recommend me a training watch

I currently own a GoWear Fit (bodyMedia) the bodybugg cousin. I am looking to get a watch because I find it kind of annoying wearing the armband all the time.

I have heard there are watches that monitor running distance and cycling distance as well as heart rate and calories burned.

I am training for a triathlon and I am looking for the best most comfortable watch (hopefully waterproof). Assume price is no object

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by joncandoit View Post
    I currently own a GoWear Fit (bodyMedia) the bodybugg cousin. I am looking to get a watch because I find it kind of annoying wearing the armband all the time.

I have heard there are watches that monitor running distance and cycling distance as well as heart rate and calories burned.

I am training for a triathlon and I am looking for the best most comfortable watch (hopefully waterproof). Assume price is no object
    I have the Garmin 305 and love it. It has different settings for running, cycling, custom etc. It has a training partner mode so you can real time compare how you did last run etc. Wireless heart rate strap monitor. You can also get a cadence shoe attachment in case you do any treadmill or stationary bike work, etc. It wasn't there top of the line model, but good deal @ costco, and does more than I need.

SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Actually, the 305 is NOT waterproof and only has a 10 hour battery. Garmin's new model, the 310xt, is waterproof, has a 20 hour battery and (this is pretty sweet because it pays for itself) can read third party power meter info (cycleops powerTap)

the 205 doesn't have HR, just GPS - ~$110
    the 305 has HR and GPS (but not waterproof) - ~$150
    the 310xt does it all - ~$300
    IM Tri Crew - Misc Photog Crew - ♞ Misc Dominant Crew ♞ - Bicycle Brah Crew - Misc Running Crew - Alpine Ski Crew

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

elizbethrose is not very well liked. (-100) elizbethrose is not very well liked. (-100) elizbethrose is not very well liked. (-100) elizbethrose is not very well liked. (-100) elizbethrose is not very well liked. (-100) elizbethrose is not very well liked. (-100) elizbethrose is not very well liked. (-100) elizbethrose is not very well liked. (-100) elizbethrose is not very well liked. (-100) elizbethrose is not very well liked. (-100) elizbethrose is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey. I would recommend Garmin Fenix 6 Pro. It's very useful training watch and I personally used it. Thanks me later

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by elizbethrose View Post
    Hey. I would recommend Garmin Fenix 6 Pro. It's very useful training watch and I personally used it. Thanks me later
    Based on the age of this thread, you might find the op trying to thank you from his grave. However, as you recommended a Garmin product, I doubt he'll bother.

Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    Based on the age of this thread, you might find the op trying to thank you from his grave. However, as you recommended a Garmin product, I doubt he'll bother.
    I've owned and had so many GPS watches and heart rate monitors fail, all brands, I'm the ultimate pessimist when it comes to devices monitoring your fitness.

That said, my Garmin Forerunner 235 is just over two years old and I've used it practically everyday with no glitches. I'm probably jinxing myself writing this though...lol

The only negatives are : occasionally it can take an inordinate amount of time to acquire the satellite before I start my run. And on the same route I've run with it for two years, there can be inconsistencies with tracking the distance. Not by much, maybe off a tenth to.20 of a mile over 7-8 miles. And I would say that's maybe only 2 out of 10 times.

Overall, for the dough I'd give it a thumbs up.
    https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris