Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50)

wrist pain, pinky side..

For the last few weeks I've had this pain in my left hand/wrist that is on the pinky side of my hand. IT starts about halfway down from the pink to the wrist bone.

IT's been getting better, but last night I went to a neighbors and we ended up playing a little baseball with his son and friends. We let them bat and just played outfield. Then I was offered to bat so I thought.. fun!

My first swing the pain in my left hand got 100x worse. I then just swung with my right hand for fun and the first swing my right hand now has the same pain. Advil is the only thing keeping it bearable. I've been icing them too throughout the day (thank goodness for frozen peas left over from my big V! lol)

Now, I have smaller hands/wrists and wondered if it's not just aggravated from doing pullups/chinups that probably place more strain on my wrists/hands. It doesn't really hurt unless I do things like turn a doorknob that twist it wrong. Kinda stinks.

Should I rest them or go to the ortho? Never really had an annoying pain like this before.

Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000)
    Has there been any swelling on that side of your hand at all? Even a small fracture will usually cause you to have some swelling.

If not, I'd guess you strained something. I had a similar pain in my hand that lasted for well over a month, I strained it by leaning against something with my wrist at a steep angle, just a fluke injury.

gimmejr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gimmejr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gimmejr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gimmejr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gimmejr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gimmejr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gimmejr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gimmejr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gimmejr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gimmejr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gimmejr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a similar pain in my right wrist. I strained it a couple months ago and it didnt even happen in the gym. Twisting motion like turning a door knob aggravates it if Im not careful. Its slowly getting better but its taking awhile.

just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pain isn't something to ignore, and you should consider seeing a doctor. However, I can talk about my personal experience with wrist pain. I had wrist weakness that led to my tennis elbow and a host of other problems with my lifts. Today, I realize the importance of hands and wrists and how their being strong is an absolute necessity on ALL lifts.

A lot of the advice I got was from some of the articles here on bodyspace. I realized I needed to balance, stretch and strengthen my hands and wrists with the rest of my arms. BB's often use that had grip where you squeeze it together. That's great for hand strength.

Here are some stretches I used...and continue to use, BEFORE I even think of grabbing the bar:

1. Stand with arm extended in front. With other hand push hand down gently to feel stretch. Hold for a few moments. Then pull in opposite direction and hold to feel stretch.

2. Stand by a wall and press back of hand against wall. Keep arm straight and press down gently. Do both hands.

If you feel pain, that's pretty much the sign of a weak wrist. You'll continue to have problems until you stretch and strengthen your wrists.

Interestingly, it was my right wrist that hurt. It also happened to be my weaker arm. That pretty much showed me the importance of wrist training in a work out. I also incorporated wrist curls. Another good one is with the cable. You stand and grab the handle with the arm closest to the stack. The elbow is bent and the elbow is parallel to the hand. Pull nice and slowly, tight grip, without allowing wrist to bend. If you turn and face the opposite direction, you can hit the muscles on the opposite side of the forearm.

All these exercises helped me, and I'm back to doing the exercises that used to hurt me...including pull-ups.

Good luck.
    I won't stop until I conquer my body and mind.

Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for all the comments, guys.

There is no swelling. IT just feels like a tendon or something is "stiff" and hurts with the wrong movements. I do a few things I thought would help with wrist strength (like farmers walk) but maybe it is time to incorporate wrist curls.

I do some stretches for it that I learned from a carpal tunnel article. Where hands in front of you like you're praying, stretch, then do it the opposite way. When I'm pressing with the back of my hands on each other I feel "relief". So I try to do that throughout the day.

graviton23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graviton23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graviton23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graviton23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graviton23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graviton23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graviton23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graviton23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graviton23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graviton23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graviton23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Legbuh View Post
    For the last few weeks I've had this pain in my left hand/wrist that is on the pinky side of my hand. IT starts about halfway down from the pink to the wrist bone.

IT's been getting better, but last night I went to a neighbors and we ended up playing a little baseball with his son and friends. We let them bat and just played outfield. Then I was offered to bat so I thought.. fun!

My first swing the pain in my left hand got 100x worse. I then just swung with my right hand for fun and the first swing my right hand now has the same pain. Advil is the only thing keeping it bearable. I've been icing them too throughout the day (thank goodness for frozen peas left over from my big V! lol)

Now, I have smaller hands/wrists and wondered if it's not just aggravated from doing pullups/chinups that probably place more strain on my wrists/hands. It doesn't really hurt unless I do things like turn a doorknob that twist it wrong. Kinda stinks.

Should I rest them or go to the ortho? Never really had an annoying pain like this before.
    I had this problem years ago and figured out it was due to doing reverse grip barbell curls. Its gone now that I don't do those, although I have plenty of other aches and pains.

AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have had this in my right wrist. It had been fractured 3 times and is the weaker of the two. It happens when I bb bench press real heavy and the bar is not resting in the palm but more on the heel of the hand. If I press on the ball/heel of my hand on the pinky side you can feel it. Also twisting hurts like hell.
    Expect Nothing
    Never Be Disappointed

Andro, I don't get the pain from weight on my palms/ball.. it actually only hurts (or, when it's not that bad, just is more of a nusiance) when I turn a doorknob or open a jar of pickles.

lol.. maybe it's carpal tunnel syndrom from twisting on and off the base of my magic bullet 3x a day.

Older But Getting Better Old Bob's Avatar
    Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Legbuh View Post
    Andro, I don't get the pain from weight on my palms/ball.. it actually only hurts (or, when it's not that bad, just is more of a nusiance) when I turn a doorknob or open a jar of pickles.

lol.. maybe it's carpal tunnel syndrom from twisting on and off the base of my magic bullet 3x a day.
    Sounds like tendonitis to me... The stretches mentioned above are good but I think wrist pain is common with people that work their arms hard.

Old Bob
    Getting Old Ain't For Sissys... ;)

Eat to Live... Don't Live to Eat!!!

1951 Body by Gold's Gym and a LOT of Blood, Sweat, and Tears...

Well, I tried some chins yesterday (palms facing me) and I couldn't even do one from the pain. So I am assuming it's from doing them and swinging the bat the other day just put them over the edge.

Pullups don't seem to aggrivate. As well as other lifts. So I guess I'll leave chins out of my routine for a while.

biggquis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggquis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggquis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggquis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggquis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggquis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggquis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggquis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggquis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggquis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggquis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Whattup... I know I'm not over 35, but I've been experiencing the same thing in my right hand for about a week or so... after doing some research, I'm thinking it may be something with the Ulnar Nerve. I was thinking carpal tunnel, but that actually only affects the thumb through the thumb side of the ring finger. This pain is clearly from the pinky to the pinky side of the ring finger, and only flares up when I grip something or open a jar.

dacduster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its probably Extensor Carpi Ulnaris tendonitis, TFCC injury, or a could be a stress fracture. Either way bracing it a while and resting is the initial care. If it persists definitely go get it checked.