szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10)

3 months into exercise, advise

Hi guys
    Been 3 months since I am into weight lifting.

Kindly advise as to how is my body looking.. Whats my body fat level.. What parts should I focus on keenly.. Anything

Any positive, negative crit comments are more than welcome

Regards
    Last edited by szohaib; 06-12-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    Experience is one big instructor, but its cost is high.. Better off learn from others and move forward instead

lighestspiral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're about 17%-18% body fat, definitely under 20%.

It's hard to tell you what you should work on because body fat is so high, you should cut to about 160-165lbs, i.e., a stone and then decide.

szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10) szohaib is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lighestspiral View Post
    You're about 17%-18% body fat, definitely under 20%.

It's hard to tell you what you should work on because body fat is so high, you should cut to about 160-165lbs, i.e., a stone and then decide.

Thankyou very much for the feedback mate,

Yes was thinking of cutting as well as I do clearly see fat munching around on different parts of my body

Should I keep on with my current workout plan and add cardio with it? Or stick to a one month cut and/or should I take some fat burners along with it?

Would be appreciated if anyone else would comment as to if I should cut .

Thanks for your time

Best wishes
    Experience is one big instructor, but its cost is high.. Better off learn from others and move forward instead

bail its the miscers mattyoung92's Avatar
    mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Deffinatley cut it will also be a good chance to prep your cardiovascular for when you start following a weight gain routine.
    I'm most lickly eating right now.

lighestspiral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since you've only been lifting for 3 months, you're not going to have muscle underneath the fat - you basically have 2 choices.

a) cut your calories to below maintenance levels (12-15 calories per lbs of bodyweight, 1-1.5g protein/lb) while lifting and doing cardio - don't take fat burners unless you fancy ****ting out oil. After you lose 14lbs then bulk up eating slightly above maintenance and cut out the cardio.

b) bulk up now and then cut the fat so you'll have muscle underneath

I'd do a) if I were you because I like to be lean and if you bulk slowly and eat clean after you get lean you won't put on fat, only muscle.

Originally Posted by lighestspiral View Post
    Since you've only been lifting for 3 months, you're not going to have muscle underneath the fat - you basically have 2 choices.

a) cut your calories to below maintenance levels (12-15 calories per lbs of bodyweight, 1-1.5g protein/lb) while lifting and doing cardio - don't take fat burners unless you fancy ****ting out oil. After you lose 14lbs then bulk up eating slightly above maintenance and cut out the cardio.

b) bulk up now and then cut the fat so you'll have muscle underneath

I'd do a) if I were you because I like to be lean and if you bulk slowly and eat clean after you get lean you won't put on fat, only muscle.
    Allrite thanks mate

Yes definately shall go with a.. Sounds more appealing to be honest

Going to adjust cardio 3 times per week in my 5 day routine at the gym. Or should it be 5 days a week along with my lifting?

Thanks for the replies mate

fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i wouldn't worry about a ton of cardio at the moment op: i'd focus on a clean high protein diet and a 4-5 day fairly high volume split with minimal rests in between sets. You'll speed up your metabolism this way and gain muscle while losing the remaining fat simultaneously

Originally Posted by fit4business88 View Post
    i wouldn't worry about a ton of cardio at the moment op: i'd focus on a clean high protein diet and a 4-5 day fairly high volume split with minimal rests in between sets. You'll speed up your metabolism this way and gain muscle while losing the remaining fat simultaneously

Thanks mate

Thats what I was doing for the past 1 month now.. Havent done any cardio and just focusing on lifting at the moment.

Taking around 25g of protein 3 times in a day with my other meals. As I am currently standing at 172 to 176 lbs therefore 75g comes from powder and the rest from my meals. Or is that not enough? Should I up the protein intake?

I am on a fairly exerting split at the moment. I can actually post my split if you want me to

Regards

fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit4business88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yea i usually shoot for around 1.3-1.5 grams of pro per lb of bodyweight, i have noticed much better gains ever since i have eaten real food rather than getting all of my protein from shakes. at the moment i have 25 grams of whey post workout and get the rest of my protein from real food. I eat alot of chicken, sardines, tuna, turkey, and a TON of redmeat, usually around 80% lean. Don't be scared about the fat content, i've eaten over a lb of redmeat a day now for about 6 months and have dropped 3-4% bodyfat. It's really the excess carbs at the wrong times of day that causes weight gain.

Gumby_00000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gumby_00000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gumby_00000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gumby_00000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gumby_00000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gumby_00000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gumby_00000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gumby_00000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gumby_00000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gumby_00000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gumby_00000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    man up and watch what you eat...good progress tho=)