eestranged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bigger jaw, possible?

Hi, first of all my english isn't perfect so sorry for that. I have an undersized jaw which makes me look very young and unmanly, I always thought that it would grow when I get older (my body was always a little "late" compared to other in my ages, facial hair and things like that) but now I am aproaching 21 years and my jaw is still very small.

This picture is not me, I found it when I googled but the proportions are almost the same except me having a bigger nose.
    EDIT: Hm, can't post pictures, but its the first when searching micrognathia on Google.

I noticed that almost all trained guys have a big jaw, and not only that, surprisingly bodybuilding women also have big jaws! Coincidence? I don't think so, the training has something to do with it.

Does the jaw get bigger when lifting wheight? I heard someone mention that the body gets more testerone when training, will that make the jaw bigger or is it already to late because I'm already past my puberty?

I am very slim, and not so trained. I am 180 cm long and weigh only 70 kg so I plan to start
    training anyway. But gaining wheight aint gonna solve my jawproblem.

My teeth are good, there is less than a millimiter between my upper lower fron teeth so the problem aint there. So, is bodybuilding affecting the size of the jaw?

leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No. Bodybuilding = muscles, not bones.

I think you're looking for jaw reconstruction surgery.
    Bulking at 3225kcal.
    GST Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124959741

DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I know that steroids make your jawline stronger and your forehead taller. Don't know about regular lifting though.

eestranged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hm, I always thought that I have low testerone. I thought that because of the little facial hair, no hair on my breast and back, not loosing any hair on my head and things like that. I started shaving when I was 18-19 and now I only shave once in a week. I look like I'm
    16 years old.

And because I've seen that women bodybuilders have big jaws I concluded that it is because of the testerone. I'm no doctor so maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that it is a coincidence. It can either depend on the reuglar lifting or steroids and things like that. I don't want to use steroids but do you get more testerone when lifting regulary?

DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DurPats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Maybe, but its hard to tell. I know I look a LITTLE older than when I first started lifting and grow facial hair a little more. But its not a very noticable difference, only to myself, probably not to others. But im also only 18 and maybe its related to puberty.

strokercrate is on a distinguished road. (+10) strokercrate is on a distinguished road. (+10) strokercrate is on a distinguished road. (+10) strokercrate is on a distinguished road. (+10) strokercrate is on a distinguished road. (+10) strokercrate is on a distinguished road. (+10) strokercrate is on a distinguished road. (+10) strokercrate is on a distinguished road. (+10) strokercrate is on a distinguished road. (+10) strokercrate is on a distinguished road. (+10) strokercrate is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by leedsjack93 View Post
    No. Bodybuilding = muscles, not bones.

I think you're looking for jaw reconstruction surgery.
    Lifting weights = building muscle first yes. But also builds bone density to hold the extra load stress such as why heavy curls hurt the center of forearms over time that weight wont hurt anymore because the bone grew thicker. But as for the jaw bone.. No it wont grow but as your jaw muscles get more toned and cut from weight loss and jaw clinching while lifting will/could give the appearance of a bigger jaw. Look at before and after photos the larger jaw is actually from being more defined and cut. Also weight lifting strengthens the tendons..

Muscle/Bone/Tendon is order of strengthening and growth

pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat lots of beef jerky (the healthy kind) and meat. Your jaw muscles get bigger.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    You need to talk to your doc about this, OP. This forum is the worst place possible to get endocrine advice.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Take tons of HGH, it'll give you a big jaw (and a distended gut)

(i'm kidding. Don't do drugs)
    GOMAD!

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gordonrumble View Post
    Take tons of HGH, it'll give you a big jaw (and a distended gut)

(i'm kidding. Don't do drugs)
    Actually the roid gut did not become so pronounced until the pro's started injecting insulin with their hgh... I am convinced hgh+insulin and definately the various insulin-like growth factors they incorporate more and more of is the cause. I think almost every pro bodybuilder in the last 15 years has looked like total **** becuase of this. The roid guts have completely destroyed bodybuilding on the professional level as an artform for me.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    You need to talk to your doc about this, OP. This forum is the worst place possible to get endocrine advice.
    This. ^^^

grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Actually the roid gut did not become so pronounced until the pro's started injecting insulin with their hgh... I am convinced hgh+insulin and definately the various insulin-like growth factors they incorporate more and more of is the cause. I think almost every pro bodybuilder in the last 15 years has looked like total **** becuase of this. The roid guts have completely destroyed bodybuilding on the professional level as an artform for me.
    The amount of drug abuse has turned bodybuilding into a freak show. It'll never gain mainstream acceptance because of this. I read an article from a guy who's been writing the history of bodybuilding (he's blind now, but writes it still with external help), and he said that apparently even the gays aren't watching bodybuilding as much, and that has traditionally been a significant and historically reliable part of the audience. If they banned the drugs in every show and people could actually see real human beings then maybe it'd go places, but that's not going to happen.
    GOMAD!

crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gordonrumble View Post
    The amount of drug abuse has turned bodybuilding into a freak show. It'll never gain mainstream acceptance because of this. I read an article from a guy who's been writing the history of bodybuilding (he's blind now, but writes it still with external help), and he said that apparently even the gays aren't watching bodybuilding as much, and that has traditionally been a significant and historically reliable part of the audience. If they banned the drugs in every show and people could actually see real human beings then maybe it'd go places, but that's not going to happen.

Sorry to OP, this has digressed massively, but I think you need to look elsewhere for help on this.

But yeah, I agree with the above poster and others who've echoed this sentiment, it's a real shame bodybuilding has turned into such an inherently drug-riddled sport. For me, the pre-roid guys are so much more impressive. I know that the current guys work out just as hard, but for me the beauty of the sport is seeing what the human body can do naturally, not what it can do with the assistance of the latest drugs.

Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by eestranged View Post
    Hi, first of all my english isn't perfect so sorry for that. I have an undersized jaw which makes me look very young and unmanly, I always thought that it would grow when I get older (my body was always a little "late" compared to other in my ages, facial hair and things like that) but now I am aproaching 21 years and my jaw is still very small.

This picture is not me, I found it when I googled but the proportions are almost the same except me having a bigger nose.
    EDIT: Hm, can't post pictures, but its the first when searching micrognathia on Google.

I noticed that almost all trained guys have a big jaw, and not only that, surprisingly bodybuilding women also have big jaws! Coincidence? I don't think so, the training has something to do with it.

Does the jaw get bigger when lifting wheight? I heard someone mention that the body gets more testerone when training, will that make the jaw bigger or is it already to late because I'm already past my puberty?

I am very slim, and not so trained. I am 180 cm long and weigh only 70 kg so I plan to start
    training anyway. But gaining wheight aint gonna solve my jawproblem.

My teeth are good, there is less than a millimiter between my upper lower fron teeth so the problem aint there. So, is bodybuilding affecting the size of the jaw?
    The muscles in your face WILL grow. It won't change the overall shape of our face obviously but it will fill it out and make it more muscular.
    To guys starting out - please understand: when you can deadlift 450lb for 10 reps your back, hamstrings & traps will reflect THAT not which program you used to get there. When you can curl 150 for 10, your biceps will reflect THAT, not which program, rep range or method you used to get there. There is no voodoo independent of poundage progression, just faster and slower ways of getting to your next pit stop.

rojomcdojo is on a distinguished road. (+10) rojomcdojo is on a distinguished road. (+10) rojomcdojo is on a distinguished road. (+10) rojomcdojo is on a distinguished road. (+10) rojomcdojo is on a distinguished road. (+10) rojomcdojo is on a distinguished road. (+10) rojomcdojo is on a distinguished road. (+10) rojomcdojo is on a distinguished road. (+10) rojomcdojo is on a distinguished road. (+10) rojomcdojo is on a distinguished road. (+10) rojomcdojo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

TOM PLATZ JAW