BC1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Man boobs and fat belly need to go...help?

Ok guys. I am 36 yrs old and 325lbs and not very strong other than my calves which have carry my large self around all day. Although all my vital signs are good (cholesterol 172, BP 125/80, no sugar problems) I am still a walking heart attack considering my weight. I realized after the doctor informed my I have some skin cancer (just bacell cell..not the bad kind) that I am actually mortal. So I have decided to get all this fat off. I need an excersize ruitine that does not include going to the gym or running...bad ankles and broke. My diet is listed below. I just need a workout plan that involves little ankle/knee impact and no wieghts.

Diet...
    1pm 3 scrambled eggs 2 slices of wheat bread w/lite mayo 1 glass milk
    3pm After Workout whey protein shake w/water
    5pm 3 slices of ham and 3 slices of turkey 2 slices of wheat bread
    830pm whey protein shake and fruit
    1130pm 8 - 10oz of chicken (baked/grilled) or lean hamburger or fish.
    Cup of beans/rice/broccolli yogurt
    230am tuna lunch kit
    1hr before bed 1 1/2 scoops of casein protein w/water

What do you think?

mcstudda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcstudda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcstudda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcstudda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcstudda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcstudda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcstudda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcstudda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcstudda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcstudda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcstudda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no exercise..no lifting..and u eat ur first meal at 1pm? lol gl

tbj69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He obviously gets up very late in the day, such as a night shift worker or teenager...
    You might have to save up for a while and buy a cheap barbell and squat rack
    Otherwise I remember seeing a post a while back about ideas for using things around the house as weights....*goes off to use search function*....ill return if i find anything

This Space For Rent painted_klown's Avatar
    painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you can walk, I would suggest walking. Walk at a pace that is comfortable for you and try to do 30 mins a day, at least 5 days a week.

If you are unable to walk for 30 mins at a time then break it up into two walking sessions at 15 mins each.

If you are unable to walk for 15 mins at a time then break it up into three 10 min walking sessions.

You do not need to go very hard at this point. Just get your heart rate up and keep it there.
    I like to keep mine between 65%-70% of my maximum heart rate to stay in the "fat burn" zone. There are those who will tell you this is incorrect and that the fat burn zone is a myth. I am just telling you what is working for me. Also, at this pace you (or I) aren't "killing ourselves" while doing our cardio...it's a nice brisk walking pace for me.

As for your diet. Stop drinking anything except for water. Doing this alone will save you countless calories. Also try to drink at least one gallon of water per day.

At your weight I would try to keep my calories at about 2750 or less per day for two weeks.

After that, weigh yourself weekly and adjust your calories accordingly. The method I use is my body weight times 10. Then I use that number and subtract 500. The number I get is what I eat at for the week. I weigh myself every Tuesday and keep adjusting my cals using this equation.

By the way. I am 32 years old and have went from 329 to 302 in the past 6 weeks doing exactly what I am describing for you. I also started weight training, but the reality is that if you cannot do it at this point then getting a walking program started will help you tremendously.

To help avoid the impact on your joints, get a nice pair of running shoes. I have a VERY wide foot and I roll my feet out horribly bad when I walk, I also have a pinched nerve in my lower back so that makes it even more difficult. Having these issues, I had to get shoes that would work for me, then the lady at the store put wedges inside them to help correct my stance and posture. I am wearing Asics and they are super soft and absorbent when walking. Also they are lower cost than say Nike, or Adidas shoes. Good shoes are a MUST for anyone who has a considerable amount of weight to lose. When you are a larger person the additional weight makes your feet hurt and makes prolonged walking kind of difficult, or at least for me it does. The shoes I had before made my feet hurt like no other, even if I was only walking around for a few minutes. It really is unbelieveable what having proper foot wear will do for your feet, body, back, and spine, if you have not yet went to a reputable shoe store and got measured for a proper shoe then please do. Your whole body will thank you for it.

I also have a long, detailed post in the "350 lb man" thread in the Losing Fat section of this forum that I actually posted earlier today. It expands more on everything here.

I do not have enough posts to post a link...sorry. Just look in the losing fat sectionand I am sure you will stumble across it if you are interested.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you.
    Last edited by painted_klown; 06-09-2010 at 09:37 PM.

tbj69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The gallon of water thing is especially important and yes, drinks contribut over 2500 calories per day to my diet (on purpose, bulking), so drinking only water could help... IN order to get enough water, I like to take a gallon jug with me everywhere I go in my house and two with me if I leave, I always finish aat least one and a half of them even with my gallon or more of milk each day

Originally Posted by mcstudda View Post
    no exercise..no lifting..and u eat ur first meal at 1pm? lol gl
    I work from 4pm - 4am 5 days a week. The 1pm meal is basically my breakfast. I was looking for exercises without weights until I can buy some (as in push ups/sit-ups/walking/exc...). Thanks for informative response though....

necro187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BC1973 View Post
    Ok guys. I am 36 yrs old and 325lbs and not very strong other than my calves which have carry my large self around all day. Although all my vital signs are good (cholesterol 172, BP 125/80, no sugar problems) I am still a walking heart attack considering my weight. I realized after the doctor informed my I have some skin cancer (just bacell cell..not the bad kind) that I am actually mortal. So I have decided to get all this fat off. I need an excersize ruitine that does not include going to the gym or running...bad ankles and broke. My diet is listed below. I just need a workout plan that involves little ankle/knee impact and no wieghts.

Diet...
    1pm 3 scrambled eggs 2 slices of wheat bread w/lite mayo 1 glass milk
    3pm After Workout whey protein shake w/water
    5pm 3 slices of ham and 3 slices of turkey 2 slices of wheat bread
    830pm whey protein shake and fruit
    1130pm 8 - 10oz of chicken (baked/grilled) or lean hamburger or fish.
    Cup of beans/rice/broccolli yogurt
    230am tuna lunch kit
    1hr before bed 1 1/2 scoops of casein protein w/water

What do you think?

drink water and walk everyday,try to go to bed early if possible.limit to eating takeout once a week...this is how i lost 35 kilos thats around about 72 pounds, i could only jog for about 30 seconds now im going for 15min joggs thats great for a heavy smoker, the point of my story is i kept trying until i reached my goal... i hope this can help you in some way

Originally Posted by painted_klown View Post
    If you can walk, I would suggest walking. Walk at a pace that is comfortable for you and try to do 30 mins a day, at least 5 days a week.

If you are unable to walk for 30 mins at a time then break it up into two walking sessions at 15 mins each.

If you are unable to walk for 15 mins at a time then break it up into three 10 min walking sessions.

You do not need to go very hard at this point. Just get your heart rate up and keep it there.
    I like to keep mine between 65%-70% of my maximum heart rate to stay in the "fat burn" zone. There are those who will tell you this is incorrect and that the fat burn zone is a myth. I am just telling you what is working for me. Also, at this pace you (or I) aren't "killing ourselves" while doing our cardio...it's a nice brisk walking pace for me.

As for your diet. Stop drinking anything except for water. Doing this alone will save you countless calories. Also try to drink at least one gallon of water per day.

At your weight I would try to keep my calories at about 2750 or less per day for two weeks.

After that, weigh yourself weekly and adjust your calories accordingly. The method I use is my body weight times 10. Then I use that number and subtract 500. The number I get is what I eat at for the week. I weigh myself every Tuesday and keep adjusting my cals using this equation.

By the way. I am 32 years old and have went from 329 to 302 in the past 6 weeks doing exactly what I am describing for you. I also started weight training, but the reality is that if you cannot do it at this point then getting a walking program started will help you tremendously.

To help avoid the impact on your joints, get a nice pair of running shoes. I have a VERY wide foot and I roll my feet out horribly bad when I walk, I also have a pinched nerve in my lower back so that makes it even more difficult. Having these issues, I had to get shoes that would work for me, then the lady at the store put wedges inside them to help correct my stance and posture. I am wearing Asics and they are super soft and absorbent when walking. Also they are lower cost than say Nike, or Adidas shoes. Good shoes are a MUST for anyone who has a considerable amount of weight to lose. When you are a larger person the additional weight makes your feet hurt and makes prolonged walking kind of difficult, or at least for me it does. The shoes I had before made my feet hurt like no other, even if I was only walking around for a few minutes. It really is unbelieveable what having proper foot wear will do for your feet, body, back, and spine, if you have not yet went to a reputable shoe store and got measured for a proper shoe then please do. Your whole body will thank you for it.

I also have a long, detailed post in the "350 lb man" thread in the Losing Fat section of this forum that I actually posted earlier today. It expands more on everything here.

I do not have enough posts to post a link...sorry. Just look in the losing fat sectionand I am sure you will stumble across it if you are interested.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you.
    Thanks for the info. I can definately do the daily walking thing. I bought a push-up/sit-up/dip bar at walmart a few days ago and I am trying to find a routine to do with that. My feet are wide also but I have some Nike walking shoes that fit pretty well. I have also starting drinking water only (other than adding the whey/caisen to it as seen in my diet). My goal is to lose 100lbs in a year. I think that's doable. Thanks and God Bless.

BJKrusty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Walking/hiking, hikings a lot more fun, and if you wear the right shoes your ankle will be fine. Check out your local running store they should have workers that can fit you into a show that's just right for you.

As for your diet i would include less protein and more vegtables. You wont lose your muscle but you will lose A LOT less fat. Just keep these pointers into consideration. I really hope you do lose that weight.

cheers (: