Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

First Intentional Bulk! after losing 240 lbs.

So after losing 240 lbs. getting down to 177 lbs, and not up to 185 or so because I was feeling not very healthy. so Im ready for a bulk. Not a drastic one, but a bulk nonetheless. I have surgery coming up in December for the stomach skin removal and I am looking to get back to basics and make some good solid gains, not temporary ones.

Looking for a critique of my diet.

Meal#1 6:30 AM
    1/2 cup oats
    1cup cottege cheese 2%
    1 scoop ON whey
    AND
    1 egg, 3 eggwhites OR 3 whole eggs
    or
    40g of mixed nuts = 5-10g protein, + fats + fibre (depends on the variety of mixed nuts
    TOTALING = 700-800 calories depening on the eggs and nuts for the morning in particular

Meal #2 10:00 AM
    200-250g of meat usually leftovers from the night before Chicken, steak, ham etc etc
    1 apple / other fruit like orange, some pineapple etc etc
    TOTALING 300-350 calories and 30-40g protein

Meal #3 12:20 pm
    1 piece of bread ( 4g fibre and iron enriched) 100 calories 17g Carbs, 4g protein
    1/4 medium avocado or light mayo
    1 can tuna
    (Basically 1/2 my tuna sandwich)
    TOTALING 34g protein 17g carbs, 6g fibre,6g fat, 300 ish calories

Meal #4 Same as meal 2:20pm (other half of Sandwich.)

Post-Workout 4:00pm 1 scoop ON whey + some fruit = 175 calories or so.

Meal #5 (dinner) 5:00 pm
    chicken,beef,seafood,pork = 60g protein worth.
    carbs. Potatoes, brown pasta, baked fries, etc etc 20-40g carbs worth.
    LOTS of Veggies, HUGE salad, some spinach, asparagus, carrots, corn, peas etc etc = 200 calories worth.
    TOTALLING 600-800 calories.

Meal #6 9:00-10:00 pm (snack)
    Either some left over meat from dinner, or soon to be scoop of casein protein.

Thoughts?

Im looking for a good solid diet for bulking muscle, and sustained energy. I know more Carbs would be beneficial... but I have trouble incorporating them.

Supps include: Multi, Omega 3, SP250(PWO), purple wraath (intra), ON Whey
    Soon: Casien+ intrAbolic

Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Harvie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Harvie View Post
    So after losing 240 lbs. getting down to 177 lbs, and not up to 185 or so because I was feeling not very healthy. so Im ready for a bulk. Not a drastic one, but a bulk nonetheless. I have surgery coming up in December for the stomach skin removal and I am looking to get back to basics and make some good solid gains, not temporary ones.

Looking for a critique of my diet.

Meal#1 6:30 AM
    1/2 cup oats
    1cup cottege cheese 2%
    1 scoop ON whey
    AND
    1 egg, 3 eggwhites OR 3 whole eggs
    or
    40g of mixed nuts = 5-10g protein, + fats + fibre (depends on the variety of mixed nuts
    TOTALING = 700-800 calories depening on the eggs and nuts for the morning in particular

Meal #2 10:00 AM
    200-250g of meat usually leftovers from the night before Chicken, steak, ham etc etc
    1 apple / other fruit like orange, some pineapple etc etc
    TOTALING 300-350 calories and 30-40g protein

Meal #3 12:20 pm
    1 piece of bread ( 4g fibre and iron enriched) 100 calories 17g Carbs, 4g protein
    1/4 medium avocado or light mayo
    1 can tuna
    (Basically 1/2 my tuna sandwich)
    TOTALING 34g protein 17g carbs, 6g fibre,6g fat, 300 ish calories

Meal #4 Same as meal 2:20pm (other half of Sandwich.)

Post-Workout 4:00pm 1 scoop ON whey + some fruit = 175 calories or so.

Meal #5 (dinner) 5:00 pm
    chicken,beef,seafood,pork = 60g protein worth.
    carbs. Potatoes, brown pasta, baked fries, etc etc 20-40g carbs worth.
    LOTS of Veggies, HUGE salad, some spinach, asparagus, carrots, corn, peas etc etc = 200 calories worth.
    TOTALLING 600-800 calories.

Meal #6 9:00-10:00 pm (snack)
    Either some left over meat from dinner, or soon to be scoop of casein protein.

Thoughts?

Im looking for a good solid diet for bulking muscle, and sustained energy. I know more Carbs would be beneficial... but I have trouble incorporating them.

Supps include: Multi, Omega 3, SP250(PWO), purple wraath (intra), ON Whey
    Soon: Casien+ intrAbolic

/bump looking for some feedback
    P.S. my sandwich comes with veggies aswell <3 the veggies.

KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Looks fine, try it and see how it goes.

/bump

jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jakedasn4ke has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    add oats into your diet to get the carbs you need. i would suggest adding them in your pre workout.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks decent bro, just try it -- also after this huge weight loss have you given your body some time off? I lost 120 lbs and I messed up my metabolism for a bit because I was in a defecit for sooo long.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Originally Posted by jakedasn4ke View Post
    add oats into your diet to get the carbs you need. i would suggest adding them in your pre workout.
    I get my oats every morning

Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    Looks decent bro, just try it -- also after this huge weight loss have you given your body some time off? I lost 120 lbs and I messed up my metabolism for a bit because I was in a defecit for sooo long.
    I've been at this weight for a year now. Going hard 5 days a week, with a few extra days off here and there. im learning to listen to my body more giving it more when I can, and less when I should. food is a complete different story lol, im still working with that aspect.

My metabolism is okay I think, I did overshoot my goals, and have low testosterone, and developed a EFA deficiency, but these things are getting back on track now.

Right now im staying about the same at like 2500 calories. and im going to try bumping it up to 2700 or so and see how it goes for a bit.

Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It looks pretty good, I would add some more carbs though, I know you said you have some trouble incorporating them but really carbs are your friend. They are the annoying but helpful friend who is great when you need em but then talks too much and gets really annoying when they hang around too long. In other words, get your carbs, just don't over do it, at least 250g a day more would be better but don't exceed 350.

jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Harvie View Post
    I have surgery coming up in December for the stomach skin removal and I am looking to get back to basics and make some good solid gains, not temporary ones.
    Skin Removal, How fast was your fat loss? I have lost 130Lbs but my progress has been at a slow pace (3yrs) so my skin has tighten up as my body has lost weight.

Jorge
    Why do I want to lose weight? Simple, so my body can match my ego.

"He who learns only as a means to an end is destined to never reach his full potential" - JRA

anthonysinatra is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anthonysinatra is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anthonysinatra is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anthonysinatra is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anthonysinatra is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anthonysinatra is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anthonysinatra is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anthonysinatra is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anthonysinatra is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anthonysinatra is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anthonysinatra is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jorgerod View Post
    Skin Removal, How fast was your fat loss? I have lost 130Lbs but my progress has been at a slow pace (3yrs) so my skin has tighten up as my body has lost weight.

Jorge

I lost about 100 pounds in a 6 month period. This was like 4 years ago and I have kept the weight off but my skin still hasn't tightened up and I'm pretty positive it won't. Even my dermotologist said I can do crunches and sit up until I'm blue in the face and it won't make much of a difference. Sucks big time that I can't afford surgery....you can see my abs somehow but I still have saggy skin on my belly...very depressing.

jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by anthonysinatra View Post
    I lost about 100 pounds in a 6 month period. This was like 4 years ago and I have kept the weight off but my skin still hasn't tightened up and I'm pretty positive it won't. Even my dermotologist said I can do crunches and sit up until I'm blue in the face and it won't make much of a difference. Sucks big time that I can't afford surgery....you can see my abs somehow but I still have saggy skin on my belly...very depressing.
    This is a very common occurrence with bariatric surgery patients, they lose weight so fast that their bodies can't reduce itself at the same pace. I don't take anything from people who opt for the surgery, some people do not have the will to lose high amounts weight, and I truly believe that if your health is so important that there is no shame in accepting you cannot do it on your own. In my personal case I outweighed the pros vs cons and decided to lose it the old fashion way even if at a far slower pace. I'm still 40 pounds out from 206 where I would hit 9% BF I long to see that day come. At my rate that should be around Oct.

Jorge
    Why do I want to lose weight? Simple, so my body can match my ego.

"He who learns only as a means to an end is destined to never reach his full potential" - JRA

Originally Posted by Dujin77 View Post
    It looks pretty good, I would add some more carbs though, I know you said you have some trouble incorporating them but really carbs are your friend. They are the annoying but helpful friend who is great when you need em but then talks too much and gets really annoying when they hang around too long. In other words, get your carbs, just don't over do it, at least 250g a day more would be better but don't exceed 350.
    I probably get 150-200g a day. 100-140ish of which are complex carbs. I love my fruit. not sure how I could increase it to 250 without gaining massive weight. unless I cut down my fats, but im already scared of that since I had an EFA deficiency in the past lol. I want to keep my protein high like 220g+ also

Originally Posted by jorgerod View Post

Jorge
    240 lbs in 2 years. 140 lbs in the first year. pretty drastic.

/ shameless bump