Thread: Keto Katie

JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Keto Katie

Hello all and welcome to my journal! Long time lurker here and finally making the switch. Like most, I figured this would be a good way to keep accountability, track/log/organize everything, and just kind of vent about my day/week.

A little back story:

My name is Katie and I am a wife and a mother. I'm 24, 5'7, 153lbs, and 7 months postpartum as of Monday! I am a graphic designer for the Georgia Aquarium and I love my job! Before I had my baby I had always been in shape, especially for my first marriage. I had always been thin, but I wanted to get fit for my first wedding so I hit the gym and wore a size 2 wedding dress! The move to GA and transition into married life was really hard on me, mostly because I was in a horrible environment and an incredibly toxic relationship. I was constantly told that I was fat and that I needed to start going back to the gym...I hadn't even gained any weight! Two months into the marriage I found out he had been cheating on me for a year with some 18 year old girl he met in college. I tried to make things work for a year...mostly out of sheer humiliation, but I just resented him so much and was never able to trust him again so I left. The divorce put me back on track with working out, but my mental state was certainly not a positive one. I blamed myself for his mistakes and my confidence plummeted. After a few months of terrible choices like getting on Tinder and eating a less than healthy diet I decided to get serious again. I upped my calories, started making healthier decisions and found a more appropriate tool for dating. Eventually I met my husband! We worked out together, we cosplayed together, played Magic together....and then we got pregnant! I gave into bad advice and cravings and indulged entirely too much. I tipped the scale at 200lbs by the time it was over, the heaviest I had ever been. I had some pretty bad postpartum depression and I hated my body. Often times my husband would come home to not only our daughter crying but to me crying as well. It was hard to say the least.

BUT it's been 7 months and I am down to 153! I look and feel so much better! Not long ago, my husband and I discovered Keto and we thought we'd give it a try. WOW, has it been a learning curve! The first week I weighed 155, lost 5 pounds and got down to 150, but I slowly gained most of it back. I've been doing a lot of research and learning the in's and out's of Keto/ketosis and I'm excited to continue and hopefully make some progress. I did lose 2 in off my waist though, so that is something! I hope this journal/blog will be a place where I can share my thoughts and experiences through this weight loss and strength building journey. Advice and suggestions are always welcome!

Food:

1450 cals, 121g fat, 98g Protein, 20g carbs (I track everything through MFP)

Breakfast - ice coffee with heavy whipping cream, 2 scrambled eggs, and 2 pieces of bacon.

Lunch - Chicken breast filet with 1 tomato slice, 1 lettuce leaf, and 1 tbs of mayonnaise.

Snack - 28 Blue Diamond lightly salted almonds.

Dinner - TBD but will either be 1 small pork chop, 1 cup ground beef with heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese, or 3 weight watchers frozen chicken tenders with mayonnaise.

Work out:

The past week has been crazy with sick baby and long work days so I haven't been able to make it to the gym. Today has been back on schedule though so I will post my work out either later tonight or in the am!

Until next time!

JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyLellyFish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello again!

Two days later, my bad.

Well, I did very well staying Keto after making my first post....but then I got home and the hubby didn't feel well. Don't ask me HOW he can stomach pizza when he feels sick, but that's what he wanted. Tried to get back on the horse but this week just hasn't been great. I typically have a MRP that I keep at my desk for lunch, but I ran out and my husband forgot to order more so I've been having to buy lunch in the afternoons. I honestly hate buying lunch. I love the convenience of drinking a shake because I love walking around downtown ATL, catching Pokemon, and not having to stop for lunch means more time I get to walk. Also less temptation to cheat and less money to spend. But Anyway, I did manage to make it to the gym yesterday so that felt awesome! Got annoyed because some girls who I didn't recognize were near the free weights taking up three benches and not working out! They were just laughing, texting, and FISHING. Had to ask if I could use their bench and she sounded so bummed but let me use it anyway.

Workout:

Chest and Triceps

Military press (machine): 3 sets of 10 - 30lbs

Chest Press (machine): 3 sets of 10 - 40lbs

Fly's (machine): 3 sets of 10 - 45lbs

Tricep pull downs (cables): 3 sets of 10 - 45lbs

Bench dips: 3 sets of 7 - bodyweight

Tricep extensions (machines): 3 sets of 10 - 20lbs

Until next time!!
    Atlanta Crew

Back again, on the daily grind! Decided to set myself some short term goals to make this a little more "exciting". So first goal is early next month so I have all of this month to see how far I can get! Wish me luck!

Keto Meals (Yesterday):

BREAKFAST
    2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 cup spinach, 2 slices of pepper jack cheese

LUNCH
    Grilled chicken, green beans, zucchini (don't really know how much, I had to order from Farmer's Basket).

DINNER
    1 cup ground beef, 1 tbs HWC, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese

SNACKS
    2 GHIRADELLI 86% Cacao Intense Dark Midnight Reverie

WORK OUT (Shoulders and legs):

Military press (machine): 3 sets of 10 30lbs

Deltoid Raise (machine): 3 sets of 10 20lbs

Kettle bell swings: 3 sets of 10 15lbs

Leg press (machine): 3 sets of 12 135lbs

Calf Raises (machine): 70lbs

Kettle bell goblet squats: 3 sets of 10 15lbs

Glute Kickback (machine): 3 sets of 10 30lbs