Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Going to build a homegym, How do I protect the carpets?

Going to be inside my house on the carpet. What can I do to protect the carpet?

Also what are some sites that have good prices for workout equipment?

Thanks

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1/2" - 1" plywood and/or rubber mats on top of the plywood.

BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ninjaneer View Post
    1/2" - 1" plywood and/or rubber mats on top of the plywood.
    i second this , horse stall mats 4' x 6 ' 3/4 " or 1 inch $30-60 each on craigslist

i have 4 - 3/4" so far , wish i bought them yrs ago ,

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    What kind of home gym?

We used the big 8x10 dorm carpets from target or wal mart for years, they work for about 2 yrs at a shot before they buckle
    NEVER put rubber mats directly ON the carpet, especially if you may ever move
    contrary to many here, I would never put stall mats in my house, I've seen too many home gyms with them, you can smell them when you walk in the house, especially if you don't live there
    plus, my guys who install gyms hate them with a passion, they're never square
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BRUTUSPLAC View Post
    i second this , horse stall mats 4' x 6 ' 3/4 " or 1 inch $30-60 each on craigslist

i have 4 - 3/4" so far , wish i bought them yrs ago ,
    ^ What he said, I third it!
    "Training is 100 percent, Nutrition is 100 percent, and Mental approach is 100 percent. It is like a tripod, you take one of the legs away and they all fall down. " - Dorian Yates

"You will not be impatient; the grind is where character is made. Focus on what you have to do TODAY to make tomorrow better. This is a lifelong project." - Jim Wendler

TATW

Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    What kind of home gym?

We used the big 8x10 dorm carpets from target or wal mart for years, they work for about 2 yrs at a shot before they buckle
    contrary to many here, I would never put stall mats in my house, I've seen too many home gyms with them, you can smell them when you walk in the house, especially if you don't live there
    Maybe something like a power/squat rack, bench, barbell, hammer curl bar, a few sets of dumbbells.

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, I should've clarified that you definitely do not want to put the mats directly onto the carpet, cuz you will destroy your carpet. I should've said "plywood and optionally rubber mats on top of the plywood".

I also agree that stall mats are never square and they do smell especially in areas that aren't well ventilated (I've had mine for a few months in the garage and I can still smell the rubber, though not as bad).

That being said, stall mats are still the cheapest solution for RUBBER flooring. Plywood will work just fine and i guess a layer of cheap carpet on top of your existing carpet would be OK, too, but that seems like that would create too much cushion for any sort of standing exercise. I think you need to go with plywood as a base.

Originally Posted by Riceboi View Post
    Maybe something like a power/squat rack, bench, barbell, hammer curl bar, a few sets of dumbbells.
    That's a good start. Power rack, FID bench (or at lest FI), 7' barbell, and some adjustable dumbbells if you're lacking space. I started with Ironmasters, sold them and got a 5-100 lbs set, and now I kind of wish i still had my Ironmasters for anything heavier than 100 lbs.

ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have just a mat under the treadmill. Don't use anything for the weights. I don't drop anything either.
    Tips for making food http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108736051

NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NowMotivated has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What kind of home gym?

For a gym in the garage do you still recommend a stall mat or is there a better option (while still being cheap)? Plywood?

Originally Posted by NowMotivated View Post
    For a gym in the garage do you still recommend a stall mat or is there a better option (while still being cheap)? Plywood?
    stall mat or plywood would do fine as long as it's thick. 3/4" - 1", I'd say. personally, i like stall mats. they're quieter, you're not gonna be able to ding them, and they're so heavy they won't budge once you set them.