Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I find it increasingly remarkable to have to continuously defend standard bodybuilding exercises and practices on a bodybuilding site.

I'm out.
    Pretty soon every thread will be "Critique My Routine":

Day 1 - Biceps
    Squat
    Deadlift
    Bench

Day 2 - Back
    Squat
    Deadlift
    Bench

Day 3 - Chest
    Squat
    Deadlift
    Bench

Day 4 - Triceps
    Squat
    Deadlift
    Bench

Day 5 - Shoulders
    Squat
    Deadlift
    Bench

Go heavy, 52 singles at 95% 1RM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Look, I am just trying to discourage a newb from making the same mistakes they all seem to make and to focus on important essentials.

I have not made a blanket statement that all flyes are bad. On the contrary I have recognised that both bodybuilders and powerlifters might use them to achieve their goals.

But since nobody is likely to read my posts properly or take them in context, I may as well save my breath. I'm out.

BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Brad-UK View Post
    ...so you get that line down the middle so to speak?
    No exercises even. This will put a line down your chest...

--There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

--Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81

--The proper plural form of the Latin adjective biceps is bicipites, a form not in general English use. Instead, biceps is used in both singular and plural (i.e., when referring to both arms). The form bicep [sic], although common even in professional contexts, is considered incorrect. (from Wikipedia)

[KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would strongly advise having a look at ZK's AK-47 workout; my chest literally exploded.

No but seriously, I think it's hard to give out advise when you have no idea of what the OP has already tried etc.

NaturalDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Speaking from experience?

why so harsh to the guy

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Look, I am just trying to discourage a newb from making the same mistakes they all seem to make and to focus on important essentials.

I have not made a blanket statement that all flyes are bad. On the contrary I have recognised that both bodybuilders and powerlifters might use them to achieve their goals.

But since nobody is likely to read my posts properly or take them in context, I may as well save my breath. I'm out.
    I know what you mean man. I just wholeheartedly disagree with ruling out an established anecdotally prescribed to exercise (I admit the scientific backing is arguable).

Nothing personal though bro.

ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironrat42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ok I am no beast, nor do I claim to know all about bodybuilding, however, you can look at my chest or yourself I have only been training a little over a year and weigh in at about 170 pounds between 7 and 8% bodyfat. I will tell you that the best thing you can do would be to focus on linear progression in a heavy compound chest lift (my favorites are Flat BB bench and BB Incline bench). It really doesnt matter if you think flys are good, go ahead and throw some in ur routine. I would do:

Bench( go heavy, 4-6 reps)
    Incline DB Bench
    Dips ( weighted)

Thats all you really need, just eat well and it will grow, there are other exercises you can use, in general I would stay away from the flys and the cable rope stuff for chest, while there may be a purpose and a use in many people's training regiment, I would say your focus is better applied to the exercises I have mentioned.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Its genetic mostly. I was able to improve the cut between my pecs with cable crossovers and cable flys...basically any exercise that allows for a hard contraction will improve that separation.

You need low body fat to really notice it though.

JBarsoum is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBarsoum is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBarsoum is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBarsoum is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBarsoum is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBarsoum is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBarsoum is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBarsoum is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBarsoum is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBarsoum is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBarsoum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    this site is a complete joke
    LMAO... you just dumped on what I said and I was agreeing with what you were saying.... I think the joke is on you buddy
    "Yesterday doesn't matter"

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JBarsoum View Post
    LMAO... you just dumped on what I said and I was agreeing with what you were saying.... I think the joke is on you buddy
    I could be mistaken, but I got the impression he was comiserating with you, not dumping on you what said.

DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have the line. What I do is:
    Bench Press
    Incline Dumbbell Press
    Chest Press
    Chest Flyes
    Incline Chest Flyes
    Pushups

Any of those will get you that line, defiantly bench press.

[KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50) [KPump]™ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strong thread.

Mrankert88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrankert88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrankert88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrankert88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrankert88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrankert88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrankert88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrankert88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrankert88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrankert88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrankert88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great advice, close grip bench does a number on the inner chest muscle.