rrv312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rrv312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

when to take supplements

Im already taking whey protein shake after my workout, but am thinking about starting creatine and also re-starting atro-phex. if i am taking all 3,

1. is that safe?
    2. when would be the best times to take them?

i typically workout at 6:30 every morning and am looking to mainly lose weight and then tone...not bulk up.

Title Town [Green Bay] ebongo91's Avatar
    ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    creatine can just be thrown into the PWO shake, but do not make it before hand. Not sure about the BSN stuff though

son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) son_of_samhain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rrv312 View Post
    Im already taking whey protein shake after my workout, but am thinking about starting creatine and also re-starting atro-phex. if i am taking all 3,

1. is that safe?
    2. when would be the best times to take them?

i typically workout at 6:30 every morning and am looking to mainly lose weight and then tone...not bulk up.
    Atro-Phex is a decent thermogenic from what Ive heard.....Im interested to see how this works for you. Obviously you take it before you workout, usually 30-45 min prior. I like to sandwich my workouts with creatine, but you can honestly take it ANY time of the day. As long as it's in your system every day for a full month or so you're fine. Protein is most crucial up to 45 min after workouts for maximum absorption and synthesis. Complex carbs before workouts and quick, high-glycemic carbs after workouts are a good way to drive up glycogen stores (which protects muscle tissue from being broken down for energy) and helps spike insulin also....which helps protein get into muscles easier
    Rolling back to the basics after making all the rookie mistakes in the past. On the road back to 230lbs clean with minimal supps & proper focus on diet and form.

~Strength-Determination-Merciless-Forever~

rrv312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rrv312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by son_of_samhain View Post
    Atro-Phex is a decent thermogenic from what Ive heard.....Im interested to see how this works for you. Obviously you take it before you workout, usually 30-45 min prior. I like to sandwich my workouts with creatine, but you can honestly take it ANY time of the day. As long as it's in your system every day for a full month or so you're fine. Protein is most crucial up to 45 min after workouts for maximum absorption and synthesis. Complex carbs before workouts and quick, high-glycemic carbs after workouts are a good way to drive up glycogen stores (which protects muscle tissue from being broken down for energy) and helps spike insulin also....which helps protein get into muscles easier
    thanks for the help. I was taking the atro-phex for a few months and was really seeing a spike in energy during my workouts which in turn improved the intensity levels. Since stopping the atro-phex Ive been very sluggish on my weightlifting days and find it hard to turn up the intensity so thats why i am considering starting it again...plus i have energy throughout the day.