Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The Physique Enthusiast Rasc170's Avatar
    Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I hate fat people from the bottom of my heart

Im not talking about the overweight people, but the ones you see with 35%+ body fat that eat high calorie foods everyday and dont give a **** what they look like. I don't see how someone could do that to themselves. Those people should be ridiculed daily by society and hopefully they will either a.) decide to get healthy and in shape or b.) kill themselves. Either way the world would look a lot better without those slobs walking around.
    4k+ my friends call me Ras

Being strong and fat is like being skinny with abs. Neither of them count

dsaasdsad is not very helpful. (-500) dsaasdsad is not very helpful. (-500) dsaasdsad is not very helpful. (-500) dsaasdsad is not very helpful. (-500) dsaasdsad is not very helpful. (-500) dsaasdsad is not very helpful. (-500) dsaasdsad is not very helpful. (-500) dsaasdsad is not very helpful. (-500) dsaasdsad is not very helpful. (-500) dsaasdsad is not very helpful. (-500) dsaasdsad is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Rasc170 View Post
    Im not talking about the overweight people, but the ones you see with 35%+ body fat that eat high calorie foods everyday and dont give a **** what they look like. I don't see how someone could do that to themselves. Those people should be ridiculed daily by society and hopefully they will either a.) decide to get healthy and in shape or b.) kill themselves. Either way the world would look a lot better without those slobs walking around.
    instead of being mean to people like us, why don't you tell us how we can lose weight :[

redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000)
    I see a lot of hate on this internet forum for obese and drastically overweight people, mainly based on the mistaken assumption that these people are lazy. That's a vile lie. The real cause of obesity is genetics and thyroid conditions, of which people can't control. 90% of obese people are obese because of this.

I think this forum should collectively apologize to the obese community for the continuance and propagation of the myth of laziness causing obesity. What you have done is shame those who don't deserve it. When you see someone in walmart in a rascal who is obese, it's likely because of a genetic problem rather than work ethic. Just because they continue to eat unhealthy foods doesn't mean its the cause: rather, they have resigned themselves to their genetic fate (which isn't their fault) and are enjoying what they can.

My daughter has a genetic condition that predisposes her to obesity, so that's why she gets to ride in the carriage even though she could walk. I know she is genetically predisposed to obesity, even if modern science doesn't (the doctor said her thyroid was "fine" and everything was normal when she was young, but obviously this doctor is very old fashioned and doesn't understand). We realized she was disposed to obesity genetically because she constantly wanted sweets, candies and fats, and in our household we give our children what they want as otherwise would be to ideologically shackle them. Therefore as she only likes sweets and fats for every meal we can conclude that her obesity is genetic, no matter what the doctors say (I have seen several doctors who say it my fault and my wifes that she is obese, and that the tests show no disposition towards obesity, but that is obviously cold and false.)

Message Board King deadlifta123's Avatar
    deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    both dudes in your avatar have a double chin. I hate people with double chins. I don't see how someone could do that to themselves. Those people should be ridiculed daily by society and hopefully they will either a.) decide to get healthy and in shape or b.) kill themselves. Either way the world would look a lot better without those slobs walking around.

UmWat will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmWat will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmWat will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmWat will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmWat will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmWat will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmWat will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmWat will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmWat will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmWat will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmWat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like big butts

128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 128 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    [img]http://**********/gallery/d/123838-2/Fat_face_sit.gif[/img]

Yea_I_Guess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yea_I_Guess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yea_I_Guess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yea_I_Guess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yea_I_Guess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yea_I_Guess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yea_I_Guess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yea_I_Guess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yea_I_Guess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yea_I_Guess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yea_I_Guess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brb using my folds to carry stuff

doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you acquired the knowledge thus far that there are people who suffer from conditions beyond their control, and are naturally in that state? My aunty, for instance, happens to be a person of that nature. She is a crane operator that has bad joints and a bad spine from operating the crane but you probably lack empathy for that case also. I do not fall under this category as I am 6'5, 300lbs and every day I make an effort to stimulate myofibrillar hypertrophy by inducing skeletal muscle mircotrauma. I would be most enthusiastic about you saying such a thing of unkind nature to my aunty in the vicinity of my physical presence. This has a low probability of coming to pass however as you are courageous only when your words first travel through an electronic medium to a public display forum. My belief is not strong that you would vocalise these insults when there is little spatial distance between yourself and that person. That is my thought process. I would like to know yours. Oh I do offer my apologies as you lack a frontal lobe with the necessary neurons and synapses which are prerequisites for a sentient being. I myself, however, would be most happy to book you in for a three day cruise to travel to my location and visualise yourself making such taunts to a person of my acquaintance with the removal of an electronic discussion medium.

Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by redbinder View Post
    I see a lot of hate on this internet forum for obese and drastically overweight people, mainly based on the mistaken assumption that these people are lazy. That's a vile lie. The real cause of obesity is genetics and thyroid conditions, of which people can't control. 90% of obese people are obese because of this.

I think this forum should collectively apologize to the obese community for the continuance and propagation of the myth of laziness causing obesity. What you have done is shame those who don't deserve it. When you see someone in walmart in a rascal who is obese, it's likely because of a genetic problem rather than work ethic. Just because they continue to eat unhealthy foods doesn't mean its the cause: rather, they have resigned themselves to their genetic fate (which isn't their fault) and are enjoying what they can.

My daughter has a genetic condition that predisposes her to obesity, so that's why she gets to ride in the carriage even though she could walk. I know she is genetically predisposed to obesity, even if modern science doesn't (the doctor said her thyroid was "fine" and everything was normal when she was young, but obviously this doctor is very old fashioned and doesn't understand). We realized she was disposed to obesity genetically because she constantly wanted sweets, candies and fats, and in our household we give our children what they want as otherwise would be to ideologically shackle them. Therefore as she only likes sweets and fats for every meal we can conclude that her obesity is genetic, no matter what the doctors say (I have seen several doctors who say it my fault and my wifes that she is obese, and that the tests show no disposition towards obesity, but that is obviously cold and false.)
    are you crazy? of course, the kid is going to take fatty foods and candy over healthier things. Hell, I would take fatty foods over the healthier foods myself, except i know what it will do to my body. Like the doctors, I place the blame on you. You are supposed to teach your child about proper nutrition and enforce those teachings. Instead you give her fatty foods and candy. Great role models. Many fat people are lazy. Why can't they get off their ass and lose the weight? I started gaining weight and had to change my whole lifestyle. It's hard, but I think fat people are disgusting and I dont want to be one of them.

JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

am i unaware of something, thyroids dont make you eat 10k cals a day of junk food and dont allow you to exercise, oh ok

deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000) deadlifta123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Obesity is largely genetic. Improper functioning appetite suppressing genes, overactive hunger genes. Ofcourse, diet plays a big role (especially in America), but there is a large genetic component to it. And you can't control the genetic part, so you have to focus on the dietary component.

Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by deadlifta123 View Post
    Obesity is mostly genetic. Improper functioning appetite suppressing genes, overactive hunger genes.
    Idiot. Then why the fukk is a recent phenomenon? Did the whole population's genes suddenly change you nitwit fukkface?

I feel bad for them, but I don't want to coddle them and tell them it's because Satan attacked their thyroid.

No, I want to throttle them until they listen to me about how it's the sh!t they eat and drink every fukking day that is the primary reason for their lardicity.

I take it back, I don't feel bad for them, but I do want to make the world a more aesthetic place. There's no reason why just about every obese and overweight person can't be at least skinnyfat.

And OP, there are few people who truly don't care what they look like. These people have just gradually ballooned up. The difference between Fat and A Little More Fat isn't noticeable and before you know it, you're Really Fukking Fat.

Instead of making permanent, sustainable changes to their diets, they "go on a diet" and do some kind of faddish bullcrap for a few weeks or a couple months, lose a few pounds or stay the same and then give up and go back to Coldstone and Burger King and Coca Cola.

Society as a whole is becoming increasing comprised of WhaleKnights who want to pet these beasts and tell them everything is going to be OK instead of splashing them with a bucket of ice water and backhanding them a bit until they pay attention.
    Make Europe Germany Again

doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctabooth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what is sarcasm?

Originally Posted by doctabooth View Post
    Have you acquired the knowledge thus far that there are people who suffer from conditions beyond their control, and are naturally in that state? My aunty, for instance, happens to be a person of that nature. She is a crane operator that has bad joints and a bad spine from operating the crane but you probably lack empathy for that case also. I do not fall under this category as I am 6'5, 300lbs and every day I make an effort to stimulate myofibrillar hypertrophy by inducing skeletal muscle mircotrauma. I would be most enthusiastic about you saying such a thing of unkind nature to my aunty in the vicinity of my physical presence. This has a low probability of coming to pass however as you are courageous only when your words first travel through an electronic medium to a public display forum. My belief is not strong that you would vocalise these insults when there is little spatial distance between yourself and that person. That is my thought process. I would like to know yours. Oh I do offer my apologies as you lack a frontal lobe with the necessary neurons and synapses which are prerequisites for a sentient being. I myself, however, would be most happy to book you in for a three day cruise to travel to my location and visualise yourself making such taunts to a person of my acquaintance with the removal of an electronic discussion medium.
    just cause she has bad joints doesnt mean she is excused to become fat. My grandpa has joint problems and he is a pretty big guy and my whole family thinks that if he cant excercise then he shouldnt be eating crappy food. BTW for the record, If you're fat and you are actually doing something about it is much different then the people who are 300 pounds and eat fast food 4 times a day and sit on their asses

Originally Posted by Ratfish View Post
    Idiot. Then why the fukk is a recent phenomenon? Did the whole population's genes suddenly change you nitwit fukkface?

I feel bad for them, but I don't want to coddle them and tell them it's because Satan attacked their thyroid.

No, I want to throttle them until they listen to me about how it's the sh!t they eat and drink every fukking day that is the primary reason for their lardicity.

I take it back, I don't feel bad for them, but I do want to make the world a more aesthetic place. There's no reason why just about every obese and overweight person can't be at least skinnyfat.

And OP, there are few people who truly don't care what they look like. These people have just gradually ballooned up. The difference between Fat and A Little More Fat isn't noticeable and before you know it, you're Really Fukking Fat.

Instead of making permanent, sustainable changes to their diets, they "go on a diet" and do some kind of faddish bullcrap for a few weeks or a couple months, lose a few pounds or stay the same and then give up and go back to Coldstone and Burger King and Coca Cola.

Society as a whole is becoming increasing comprised of WhaleKnights who want to pet these beasts and tell them everything is going to be OK instead of splashing them with a bucket of ice water and backhanding them a bit until they pay attention.
    Get some more definition in your arms before talking about overweight/obese people lolz. The one thing I can't stand is people who look like **** wanting other people to look better. Worry about your own damn self.

But back on topic, there is a large genetic component to it. Yes done molecular level research on the subject for 4 years.

both dudes in your avatar have a double chin. I hate people with double chins. I don't see how someone could do that to themselves. Those people should be ridiculed daily by society and hopefully they will either a.) decide to get healthy and in shape or b.) kill themselves. Either way the world would look a lot better without those slobs walking around.

yes, I do have some fatty tissue on my face( black shirt ), but I am doing something about it. Why do you think I changed my entire lifestyle, because fat people are disgusting and I dont want to be that. and anyways if you read my op, I said not the overweight people, but the really obese people who dont excercise are the ones who I am talking about

Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get some more definition in your arms before talking about overweight/obese people lolz. The one thing I can't stand is people who look like **** wanting other people to look better.
    How am I going to get more definition in my arms if I'm bulking for the next few years, idiot?

But back on topic, there is a large genetic component to it. Yes done molecular level research on the subject for 4 years.
    You mean because obese people happen to have DNA? You didn't do any research you retard.

Get some more definition in your arms before talking about overweight/obese people lolz. The one thing I can't stand is people who look like **** wanting other people to look better.

lol, my arms are bigger than yours. You're freakin skinny dude and you have fat around your lower pecs.

redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JM3K View Post
    am i unaware of something, thyroids dont make you eat 10k cals a day of junk food and dont allow you to exercise, oh ok
    Do you have a degree in Nutrition Science? Because I do, and I think I know exactly what I'm talking about here.

Originally Posted by TrollTech View Post
    What if they have "thyroid problems?"
    I hate this excuse, everyone says that. I bet 2% of the obese population has a thyroid problem.

Zordon is just really nice. (+1000) Zordon is just really nice. (+1000) Zordon is just really nice. (+1000) Zordon is just really nice. (+1000) Zordon is just really nice. (+1000) Zordon is just really nice. (+1000) Zordon is just really nice. (+1000) Zordon is just really nice. (+1000) Zordon is just really nice. (+1000) Zordon is just really nice. (+1000) Zordon is just really nice. (+1000)
    just cause she has bad joints doesnt mean she is excused to become fat. My grandpa has joint problems and he is a pretty big guy and my whole family thinks that if he cant excercise then he shouldnt be eating crappy food. BTW for the record, If you're fat and you are actually doing something about it is much different then the people who are 300 pounds and eat fast food 4 times a day and sit on their asses
    My friend's uncle works construction so he knows a thing or 2 about movies.
    Currently recruiting a team of teenagers with attitude.

Do you have a degree in Nutrition Science? Because I do, and I think I know exactly what I'm talking about here.

My dad is construction worker, so that negates your degree.

ausluke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausluke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausluke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausluke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausluke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausluke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausluke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausluke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausluke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausluke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausluke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

GTFO

its more like 90% of obese people are obese because they eat a lot of **** and never exersise

I hate this excuse, everyone says that. I bet 2% of the obese population has a thyroid problem.
    Did you read my reply? I clearly showed how thyroid problems are responsible for 90% of obesity. You're welcome.

Originally Posted by Ratfish View Post
    How am I going to get more definition in my arms if I'm bulking for the next few years, idiot?

You mean because obese people happen to have DNA? You didn't do any research you retard.
    wow you definitely did not pass 9th grade Biology.

Anyways, a layman's article:

Genetics and heritability may account for 77 per cent of obesity, while environmental factors make up less that 25 per cent, suggests new research.

The study, by University College London (UCL) researchers, followed 5,092 pairs of twins and highlights the complexity of the obesity issue.
    The report, "Evidence for a strong genetic influence on childhood adiposity despite the force of the obseogenic environment", appears this month in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
    A lot of focus has been placed recently on the food industry to reformulate their products, provide clear labelling and reduce advertising to children.
    Instead of viewing this study as a get-out clause, the food industry, government and health charities have responded with similar acceptance of the part they play in beating the spread of obesity.
    "The UK food and drink manufacturing industry takes the dietary needs and health of all its consumers very seriously," said Keren McCarron from the UK's Food and Drink Federation (FDF).
    "There is no silver bullet that can be fired at the complex issue of obesity."
    The study
    Twin studies are a good way for determining genetic and environmental influences of health and behaviour as monozygotic twins (identical genes) can be compared with dizygotic twins (non-identical, sharing half the genes).
    The researchers analysed the body mass index (BMI) and weight circumference (WC) in a UK sample of 5,092 twin pairs aged eight to 11 years, born between 1994 and 1996.
    The results showed that the monozygotic correlations were similar in boys and girls, and greatly exceeded those of the dizygotic twins, suggesting a strong genetic influence.

Researchers concluded therefore that adiposity heritability amounts to 77 per cent for BMI and 76 per cent for WC. Shared environment effects were 10 per cent for both, and non-shared environment effects were 13 per cent and 14 per cent respectively.
    The report's author wrote: "Although contemporary environments have made today's children fatter than were children 20 years ago, the primary explanation for variations within the population, then and now, is genetic difference between individual children."
    Responsibility

Obesity is clearly a multifaceted issue, with many contributing factors, and requires a combination of solutions.

http://www.foodnavigator.com/Science...ics-says-study

The obese have higher metabolic rates than we do and have to eat ridiculous amounts of sh!t to maintain that bulk.

They all claim to eat healthy, but it's all liquid calories, white grains, and processed bullsh!t.

Why don't you see these obesity rates as you go back in time just 50 years? How much have we changed genetically?

That's right we haven't.

So what's changed in the last 50 years, you fukking fool? Diets have changed a lot. People eat sh!t that is way worse, and they eat way more of it.

Anyways:

Genetics and heritability may account for 77 per cent of obesity, while environmental factors make up less that 25 per cent, suggests new research.

The study, by University College London (UCL) researchers, followed 5,092 pairs of twins and highlights the complexity of the obesity issue.
    The report, "Evidence for a strong genetic influence on childhood adiposity despite the force of the obseogenic environment", appears this month in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
    A lot of focus has been placed recently on the food industry to reformulate their products, provide clear labelling and reduce advertising to children.
    Instead of viewing this study as a get-out clause, the food industry, government and health charities have responded with similar acceptance of the part they play in beating the spread of obesity.
    "The UK food and drink manufacturing industry takes the dietary needs and health of all its consumers very seriously," said Keren McCarron from the UK's Food and Drink Federation (FDF).
    "There is no silver bullet that can be fired at the complex issue of obesity."
    The study
    Twin studies are a good way for determining genetic and environmental influences of health and behaviour as monozygotic twins (identical genes) can be compared with dizygotic twins (non-identical, sharing half the genes).
    The researchers analysed the body mass index (BMI) and weight circumference (WC) in a UK sample of 5,092 twin pairs aged eight to 11 years, born between 1994 and 1996.
    The results showed that the monozygotic correlations were similar in boys and girls, and greatly exceeded those of the dizygotic twins, suggesting a strong genetic influence.

Researchers concluded therefore that adiposity heritability amounts to 77 per cent for BMI and 76 per cent for WC. Shared environment effects were 10 per cent for both, and non-shared environment effects were 13 per cent and 14 per cent respectively.
    The report's author wrote: "Although contemporary environments have made today's children fatter than were children 20 years ago, the primary explanation for variations within the population, then and now, is genetic difference between individual children."
    Responsibility

Obesity is clearly a multifaceted issue, with many contributing factors, and requires a combination of solutions.
    Thank you, this guy gets it. So many uninformed people out there thinking its McD's shakes and stuff when it's actually the thyroid.

LOL @ OP taking copypasta seriously

Did you read my reply? I clearly showed how thyroid problems are responsible for 90% of obesity. You're welcome.
    no, all you said was you're a horrible father who along with your wife gave your daughter fatty foods and candy

Thank you, this guy gets it. So many uninformed people out there thinking its McD's shakes and stuff when it's actually the thyroid.
    The thyroid can be one little part of it. But there are many other genetic problems that can go wrong, leading to obesity. The McDs shakes definitely help, but many people are simply just predisposed to obesity.