Registered User KillerBoots_Man's Avatar
    KillerBoots_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerBoots_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerBoots_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerBoots_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerBoots_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerBoots_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerBoots_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerBoots_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerBoots_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerBoots_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerBoots_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Need Squat help - Lower back pain

Hello guys, I have been doing squats 3 times a week following the SS routine. Last week I did 175 on Tue. and Thurs. On Thursday my back was really hurting but I was able to get through the workout. I took that Saturday off and started this week by dropping to 155. I still experienced some pain but it wasn't extreme, I was able to work through it but I could definitely still feel it. Today I did 165 but still felt as though my lower back wasn't at 100%. I took a video of my form on my last set and was hoping for some tips on keeping my back pain to a minimum. I'm also thinking of taking next week off then starting back at 135 if it doesn't go away by my next workout (Tuesday). Thanks everyone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99JMGHH6URU

ironwheel_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironwheel_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironwheel_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironwheel_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironwheel_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironwheel_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironwheel_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironwheel_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironwheel_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironwheel_old will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironwheel_old will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I checked your vid. While the angle isn't great at seeing the actual curve in the lumbar spine, it didn't look blatantly off. Make sure when you hit the bottom your spine is still curved (neutral), because there was some tendency to round ever so slightly your first few reps.

Can you identify the exact vertebrae that is hurting, what side, etc. It might help.

Have you ever been to a competent chiropractor? He or she may be able to identify the problem better than we can (if there is something structurally wrong with the spine such as scoliosis).

IW

Real World Boxing Advice djartek's Avatar
    djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You are not squatting correctly.

You look as if you are scared to walk off the pins with the weight, your knees are never locked out, hence this is most likely putting all the stress on your back.

Lock you legs out when you step out and when you ascend back up.

You need to learn how to to go deeper and break parallel.

My guess is you have horrible flexibility and mobility, correct your problems by read this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?p=466956291
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing
    I'll answer your boxing and combat questions. Just PM me
    "Patience, persistence, determination, and an unstoppable drive to be better than yesterday."