Neilgarrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle fatigue during workout... Faster than workout partner

I am trying to get some advice on why my muscles tend to go to failure during our routine before my workout partner. We are similar in our weights, etc.. He is ten years older than me, but can keep going past my failure for the same exercise.

Thanks in advance

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    He's stronger than you.

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    He's stronger than you.
    Or has better recovery, conditioning, or just different. I've always been good at heavy work with low rest, but my strength tanks in higher rep ranges. People just respond different to different stimulus. I've conditioned myself to be better at higher rep ranges, but I still am better with a training methodology that fits me. Part of the reason I don't really like partners - I want to do my workout according to my goals and my tempo. Plus people like to talk and I'm very quiet/focused when training. Talking takes me out of my 'zone'. I have people who I'll ask for a spot in the gym or let them work in with me on an exercise, but I don't want anything past that

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    He's stronger than you.

Maybe he takes a PWO stim. Gold Jerry, GOLD......
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Lvisaa2 View Post
    I don't really like partners - I want to do my workout according to my goals and my tempo. Plus people like to talk and I'm very quiet/focused when training. Talking takes me out of my 'zone'. I have people who I'll ask for a spot in the gym or let them work in with me on an exercise, but I don't want anything past that
    Same here. I learned to compete against myself, progress and stay injury free. Not into challenges anymore. That's one of the reasons I started training at home. My only concern was a spotter. Eventually found a spotter mechanism that solved that problem. And no more racking and unracking when bench pressing.

...Keeping strong! HumblyMuscles's Avatar
    HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Lvisaa2 View Post
    Or has better recovery, conditioning, or just different. I've always been good at heavy work with low rest, but my strength tanks in higher rep ranges. People just respond different to different stimulus. I've conditioned myself to be better at higher rep ranges, but I still am better with a training methodology that fits me. Part of the reason I don't really like partners - I want to do my workout according to my goals and my tempo. Plus people like to talk and I'm very quiet/focused when training. Talking takes me out of my 'zone'. I have people who I'll ask for a spot in the gym or let them work in with me on an exercise, but I don't want anything past that
    Me too.... "I train alone!.....with nobody else!....You know why I train alone..'cause I like to be by myself!.....

I train at home, but when I travel and use gyms I hate all the standing around talking. I usually crank up my music so I can't hear anyone as well, then I can stay focused.
    People asking questions lost in confusion, Well I tell them there's no problem,
    Only solutions... John Lennon

If the mind can conceive, the body can achieve.

My best genetic bodypart is my Mind...

++Positive Crew++

4th Dan Black Belt Taekwondo ( W.T.F. ) Former Instructor

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HumblyMuscles View Post
    Me too.... "I train alone!.....with nobody else!....You know why I train alone..'cause I like to be by myself!.....

I train at home, but when I travel and use gyms I hate all the standing around talking. I usually crank up my music so I can't hear anyone as well, then I can stay focused.
    Your entire post, including the part not in quotes is best when imagining George Thorogood sing it.
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    he must be taking this stuff

And as acrawling said, he is probably stronger than you.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You might be lacking in vitamin D, one of the deficiencies in low vitamin D is muscle fatigue and weakness.
    On the list for Bannukah

...Keeping strong! HumblyMuscles's Avatar
    HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by scullin View Post
    Your entire post, including the part not in quotes is best when imagining George Thorogood sing it.
    LOL! Yeah I should send the Lyrics to George, see if he wants a number one hit...
    People asking questions lost in confusion, Well I tell them there's no problem,
    Only solutions... John Lennon

If the mind can conceive, the body can achieve.

My best genetic bodypart is my Mind...

++Positive Crew++

4th Dan Black Belt Taekwondo ( W.T.F. ) Former Instructor

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    You might be lacking in vitamin D, one of the deficiencies in low vitamin D is muscle fatigue and weakness.
    ^^That or Magnesium

I read an article the other that like half of America is deficient in D3 and Magnesium. On the flip side he just might recover faster than you, I am stronger than my lifting partner but he has better endurance than me. Kinda effed up but there is genetic differences in the amounts of each type of muscle fiber you have.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831