Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Older But Getting Better Old Bob's Avatar
    Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by C5VetteLS1 View Post
    Excellent information guys, thanks. I'll continue to enjoy my Albacore/Avocado/Wheat sandwich with Cottage Cheese and Green Salad sides ;-)
    Damn! That sounds good... I think I'll go whip up something like that right NOW!!!

Old Bob
    Getting Old Ain't For Sissys... ;)

Eat to Live... Don't Live to Eat!!!

1951 Body by Gold's Gym and a LOT of Blood, Sweat, and Tears...

C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Old Bob View Post
    Damn! That sounds good... I think I'll go whip up something like that right NOW!!!

Old Bob
    Indeed it was Bob I decide to make a Broccoli/Cucumber/Tomato/Red Onion salad dressed with Balsamic Vinaigrette, a splash of Olive Oil, Black Pepper and Grated Parmesan Cheese. Good stuff man!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 25

Older But Getting Better Old Bob's Avatar
    Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by C5VetteLS1 View Post
    Indeed it was Bob I decide to make a Broccoli/Cucumber/Tomato/Red Onion salad dressed with Balsamic Vinaigrette, a splash of Olive Oil, Black Pepper and Grated Parmesan Cheese. Good stuff man!
    Mmmmmm.... Sounds good... The wife saw my post and whipped up a big salad with a bunch of fresh vegetables, chick peas, chicken breast, and a homemade oil and vinegar dressing that was to DIE FOR!

I'm so fortunate to have a wife that supports my diet and muscular development and is the head cheerleader on my team.

It makes it easier to lose weight and gain muscle when the spouse is on board with it and is as supportive as mine is.

Supper will be venison burgers on WW buns with a big slab of tomatoe on each burger and sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli...

Life is good and the waistline continues to SHRINK as the muscles GROW!

Old Bob
    Getting Old Ain't For Sissys... ;)

Eat to Live... Don't Live to Eat!!!

1951 Body by Gold's Gym and a LOT of Blood, Sweat, and Tears...

ipanacea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

So how many cans a week?

I've been eating these with my lunch M-F, and yes, they're fantastic. What's the consensus then with all the mercury/selenium, is five of these a week a few too many? Thanks!

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ipanacea View Post
    I've been eating these with my lunch M-F, and yes, they're fantastic. What's the consensus then with all the mercury/selenium, is five of these a week a few too many? Thanks!
    IMO, yes.....waaay too much. I use to do the same thing and started getting painful cold sores on my tongue. I stopped eating the Tuna and the cold sores went away. Just to make sure it was the tuna, I tried again and as soon as I started eating Tuna, the cold sores came back, and then went away once I stopped....and this was with the cheap bumblebee tuna that supposedly has a lower concentration of Mercury. So in my experience I would highly recommend against eating the albacore tuna more than once a week. Try salmon or other freshwater fish.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ipanacea View Post
    Good luck finding a 'consensus' on anything in a public forum, but current research indicates that tuna isn't a good choice. Here's some info:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post948166313
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

syserr84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, i have recently bought this tin. and i don't know how to use it.
    can i directly heat and eat? or they are already cooked? if i want to re heat, how long i can keep in MW oven. please suggest.

also, is there a best way to consume this, like how to make salad or something with this tuna tin?

mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by creationd View Post
    The salmon my wife prepares like she does Tuna, just substitute the tuna with the salmon.
    Mix with Light mayo, onions, peppers, any seasoning and then spread on a sub roll or any type of bread, very good stuff.
    does it have more of a fishy smell or taste than the tuna? I got a weird thing with fish, I can eat canned tuna but tuna prepared in like a chinese restaurant makes me sick and pretty much any other fish that has a fishy smell to it makes me sick. If i go into a red lobster Im green the whole time and cant eat. Im trying to find some kind of fish i can eat without getting sick.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Iron Barbarian View Post
    You rich folks and your fancy Albacore Tuna. Us simple folks can only afford Starkist Tuna Pulp......
    I can only afford the juice its packed in.

Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I can not eat tuna anymore due to tuna trama from a previous insane cut... Years ago, I was in an office cube choking down raw,dry tuna out a can as my only lunch item when a co-worker came by and said: "You don't even put anything on it? That's so sad..." She looked at me with real pity in her eyes and walked away... I looked down and thought: this is sad... If I looked like Arnold it would have been okay as I would have slapped her girly ass then taken her to the movies... But I did not look like Arnold: I was too skinny from my cut...

Tuna trauma... don't let this happen to you!

trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When i aint got no tuna,i eat crawdaddy,when i aint got no crawdaddy,i eat sand.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm eating one can as i read.

badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ya know the frozen tailapia and salmon aint bad either, usually that stuff tastes like mud.
    North Side Tac Jump Out Boys *1
    No, you cant call yo moma !