WaleedAhmed34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stamina training for basketball

I am pretty fit, but i wanna get even more fit. I want to increase my stamina without long distance running, because i want to train fast-twitch muscles. Any ideas?

Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i used to just play myself into better shape and did intensive tempo here and there

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WaleedAhmed34 View Post
    I am pretty fit, but i wanna get even more fit. I want to increase my stamina without long distance running, because i want to train fast-twitch muscles. Any ideas?
    Do training with short intervals. Suicides, full court sprints etc.
    Also, good way to get in shape is playing bball, maybe 4-4 or 3-3 on full court. Makes you run more and it is effective. You condition yourself while playing.

Helcaraxe is just really nice. (+1000) Helcaraxe is just really nice. (+1000) Helcaraxe is just really nice. (+1000) Helcaraxe is just really nice. (+1000) Helcaraxe is just really nice. (+1000) Helcaraxe is just really nice. (+1000) Helcaraxe is just really nice. (+1000) Helcaraxe is just really nice. (+1000) Helcaraxe is just really nice. (+1000) Helcaraxe is just really nice. (+1000) Helcaraxe is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is very good for explosive stamina without long distance running.

Set the limit like 50 meters.

Start with your 50% speed in your first 10-20 meters and once you pass it run with your 100% for the rest of the distance and slow down like 90% - 80% etc etc once you pass 50 meters. Don't stop asap. Just slow down.

Do this like 15-20 sets.

It helped for my stamina. It also effects your jumping.

TSRBlog will become famous soon enough. (+50) TSRBlog will become famous soon enough. (+50) TSRBlog will become famous soon enough. (+50) TSRBlog will become famous soon enough. (+50) TSRBlog will become famous soon enough. (+50) TSRBlog will become famous soon enough. (+50) TSRBlog will become famous soon enough. (+50) TSRBlog will become famous soon enough. (+50) TSRBlog will become famous soon enough. (+50) TSRBlog will become famous soon enough. (+50) TSRBlog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Getting faster via sprint training will help as you will have a greater "speed reserve" (see point 2 in this article)

I would highly recommend extensive tempo running too.

It's well suited to alactic-aerobic i.e. high intensity/low intensity intermittent sports sports like basketball, football, rugby, tennis, field hockey etc. as it helps improve your aerobic ability (recovery between high intensity bursts during a game) without compromising your recovery between weights/plyometrics/sprint sessions and/or reducing the explosive qualities of type IIB fibres like long slow distance running and lactate work (e.g. suicides and the like that leave your legs flooded with lactic acid) tend to do (conversion of type IIB to type IIA etc.).

Example of an extensive tempo workout might be 2x10x100yd @ a set pace 65-75% max speed with 30-45 seconds recovery between reps and 60-90s between sets OR 2x10x50yd @ a set pace 65-75% max speed with 15-30 seconds recovery between reps, and 30-60s seconds between sets.

Check out the section on Extensive Tempo running here form more info.
    strengthreview.net

Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if OP is already pretty fit, doing extensive tempo will only help maintain his fitness or help with recovery, i would think he needs to do more intensive during off season.