poundcoin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Workout for Mass? beginner

So I was doing rippetoes, but as its mainly for strength I want to hold out on it for a while.

I want to focus on increasing my mass more right now and worry about strength later. (Yes i know mass comes with strength gains but I want something faster).

I know I will still gain size from SS but I want to get as big as possible through a good/well known workout plan.

My forearms and calves are my main concerns (and legs overall).

If someone could recommend me a good program I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    squats and deadlifts!

poundcoin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i want my forearms and calves to explode though, any good workout plans for that

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Since most trainees on starting strength gain lots and lots of mass I have no clue why you would change programs.

You get big forearms and calves from haveing a big body and before you can have a big body you have to move big weights. There are no shorcuts.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

aussie_steven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aussie_steven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aussie_steven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aussie_steven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aussie_steven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aussie_steven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aussie_steven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aussie_steven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aussie_steven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aussie_steven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aussie_steven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Since most trainees on starting strength gain lots and lots of mass I have no clue why you would change programs.

You get big forearms and calves from haveing a big body and before you can have a big body you have to move big weights. There are no shorcuts.
    this.. there's no real way to make calves and forearms to explode on their own, just train your whole body as hard as you can and the gains will come

braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Starting strength has gotten thousands of skinny guys to pack on pounds real quick.

It is one of the best novice programs for strength AND size.

They go hand in hand bud, you cant gain strength without gaining size, that is how the muscle adapts to the load, by growing and strengthening muscle fibers (Hypertrophy).

Eat big and concentrate on adding wieght to the bar each workout with SS (It is the quickest way to gain)

Buy yourself the starting strength book and stick to it, you wont be disappointed.

There is always HST for packing on a little extra size, but i dont think its the kind of program you want to run without having a fairly solid base to work with, if your maxes are too low the increments will just be too small and light.

adiddas369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by braden101 View Post
    Starting strength has gotten thousands of skinny guys to pack on pounds real quick.

It is one of the best novice programs for strength AND size.

They go hand in hand bud, you cant gain strength without gaining size, that is how the muscle adapts to the load, by growing and strengthening muscle fibers (Hypertrophy).

Eat big and concentrate on adding wieght to the bar each workout with SS (It is the quickest way to gain)

Buy yourself the starting strength book and stick to it, you wont be disappointed.

There is always HST for packing on a little extra size, but i dont think its the kind of program you want to run without having a fairly solid base to work with, if your maxes are too low the increments will just be too small and light.
    well now that his answer is answered ... whats a good strength training routine for a beginner?