DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Need some help for an older gentleman

My father and mother divorced in may of 08

since then he has gained a bit of weight a big beer belly..smokes and drinks heavily, so its gonna be a challenge but helping my dad fight obesity and possibly saving him from another heart attack is one of my biggest concerns

Hes has had both hips replaced.. has had 3 heart attacks.. had discs fused in his back.. hes only 47

anyways the dr. has told him he needs to lose weight im assuming he has about 60 lbs of extra body fat if not more.. hes on a vacation to alaska and told me that when he gets back (june 4th) hes gonna start going to the gym with me..
    Other than walking on a treadmill because he cant run due to his hips. are there any other extra excersizes he can do, taking into consideration the problems he has.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Ill rep with what little i have.
    Thanks in advanced i

DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavieP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bumping

bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbadmac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any low impact cardio will work combined with a clean diet.Even gettin out there in the pool will help.I f'd up my knee about 2 years ago and the recumbant bike was very easy on me.Good luck to you and your father.

yeahfairly is on a distinguished road. (+10) yeahfairly is on a distinguished road. (+10) yeahfairly is on a distinguished road. (+10) yeahfairly is on a distinguished road. (+10) yeahfairly is on a distinguished road. (+10) yeahfairly is on a distinguished road. (+10) yeahfairly is on a distinguished road. (+10) yeahfairly is on a distinguished road. (+10) yeahfairly is on a distinguished road. (+10) yeahfairly is on a distinguished road. (+10) yeahfairly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Brother,
    First off, my hats off to you for jumping in and trying to take care of your Pa! IMO his nutrition is 90% of the battle. If he will follow wavelengths "Fat Loss for newbies" he will drop the weight. I know it says lift heavy 3x's a week, but that isn't necessary for weight loss, only to help preserve lean body mass. He needs to build his diet around lean protein and complex carbs. Broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, and cabbage have been a magic bullets for me. I get my protein with every meal and can basically eat as much lettuce or broccoli as I want and never go above my daily calorie allowance. As far as exercise, have him talk to his Doc before he starts anything strenuous! Walking on the treadmill will do fine for him. As his weight begins to drop he will be able to do more! When I started out I was in horrible shape and I had a resting heart rate of 98 bpm. Since I started following wavelengths advice I have dropped 35 lbs, I am comfortably running 2.5 miles a day, and my resting heart rate has dropped to 78 bpm! He can do it! Have him take baby steps and like I said in the beginning, NUTRITION is 90% of the battle! He will drop weight by just eating at a deficit everyday!