corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Smolov Base Mesocycle Results

I ran the Smolov "Base mesocycle" for the required 3 weeks from April 23- May 7. I had not maxed out raw for a long time and therefore put 455 into the calculator even though i think my raw squat was a bit higher than this. Didn't max out because I was coming off a meet and wanted to get started quick.

Either way all the lifts went very good and I was handling weight much easier than before. Some say this program is difficult and my answer to this is SLEEP and EAT A LOT!!! On days where I had crappy sleep or not much food my squats would be a grind. On other day I would blast them out with no problem. The first set or 2 were always the most difficult, towards the middle of the work sets they would feel better.

Maxed out at the end of the Base Mesocycle May 11 and ended up squatting 512, was very pleased with the results as I had planned to hit 500. Am starting the intense Phase tomorrow with a now accurate true raw max of 512.

To those wondering about deadlifts they stayed well. Speed was lost a bit but strenght was still there. Pulled 580 after not having pulled raw in over 2 months, this is with a 606 suited meet PR so very confident about deads as well.
    Florida Gulf Coast University Powerlifting

**MISC Strength Crew**
    **MISC Firearms Crew***
    **MISC Anti-*******ry Crew**
    ***Brings Pen and Paper to the Gym Crew***

1k+

SQUATZ AND OATZ

IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by corozco View Post
    I ran the Smolov "Base mesocycle" for the required 3 weeks from April 23- May 7. I had not maxed out raw for a long time and therefore put 455 into the calculator even though i think my raw squat was a bit higher than this. Didn't max out because I was coming off a meet and wanted to get started quick.

Either way all the lifts went very good and I was handling weight much easier than before. Some say this program is difficult and my answer to this is SLEEP and EAT A LOT!!! On days where I had crappy sleep or not much food my squats would be a grind. On other day I would blast them out with no problem. The first set or 2 were always the most difficult, towards the middle of the work sets they would feel better.

Maxed out at the end of the Base Mesocycle May 11 and ended up squatting 512, was very pleased with the results as I had planned to hit 500. Am starting the intense Phase tomorrow with a now accurate true raw max of 512.

To those wondering about deadlifts they stayed well. Speed was lost a bit but strenght was still there. Pulled 580 after not having pulled raw in over 2 months, this is with a 606 suited meet PR so very confident about deads as well.
    great job!!!

PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice results, I've just finished week 1 of the BMS, with a similar current max to you, and also hoping to go over 500
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110608191

"But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ? victorious" - Vince Lombardi