Thread: Legs

mrr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Legs

Hi Guys

I have been doing squats (after repping out the legg press machine with 180KG for 5 sets by 10 reps) to a bench (parrallel) and find it working my inner thighs the most. I actualy want to build by quads (out thigh) and when i go narrow stance, i am not able to feel the outer quads. I tried putting plates on my heels but still i get very little.

Any ideas...m not so keen on dong front squats
    mrr

krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do deep back squats with heavy weight. This added mass huge amounts of mass to my whole quads and glutes. To hit my outer quad sometimes I do hack squats after with a close stance

i dont have a hack squat machine in my gym...wats your leg routine like?
    mrr

Tsaadon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you wanna work hard on your quads I say add weight to the leg press rather then squat, squat in general is a much better exercise IMO, but if you want specific work on quads then heavy leg press can really work them good, I worked at them real hard in the last month and a half, and now my outer thigh is like a solid plate, doing dumbbell lunges with a short pace is also great work on quads.

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Try doing your exercises with feet parallel stance,shoulder width.
    Also,there is a beautiful option of adding front squats in your routine.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ZoranM View Post
    Also,there is a beautiful option of adding front squats in your routine.
    Indeed. Olympic lifters do a lot of front squatting and they have some of the most nicely developed quads in the world.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

for the leg press, what would be my feet positioning? wide or close?
    mrr

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mrr View Post
    Hi Guys

I have been doing squats (after repping out the legg press machine with 180KG for 5 sets by 10 reps) to a bench (parrallel) and find it working my inner thighs the most. I actualy want to build by quads (out thigh) and when i go narrow stance, i am not able to feel the outer quads. I tried putting plates on my heels but still i get very little.

Any ideas...m not so keen on dong front squats
    Do front squats with a narrow stance.

i dont have a hack squat machine in my gym...wats your leg routine like?
    You don't need a machine, use a barbell.

for the leg press, what would be my feet positioning? wide or close?
    Close, feet as low as possible with your heels still on the sled.
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000)
    weighted lunges