tommo777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommo777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommo777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommo777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommo777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommo777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommo777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommo777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommo777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommo777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommo777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

BCAA's and glutamine?

Hi guys I created a previous thread but I cant find it, but in a similar vain Im going to seek your advice. I would like to change supplementation because mono gives me too many side effects.
    Basically my all-in-one shake gave me great recovery which my recently bought Kre-alkalyn does not achieve on its on. So I checked the contents and I put it down to a combination of;

Whey (the protein amino acids)
    Glutamine peptides (3g per serving)
    and Leucine (one of the BCAA's I believe)

It also contains HMB but Im not sure that is the reason for recovery, if it is then let me know.

I understand from this forum so far that glutamine is an expensive supplement, or not wholly necessary, I also understand that it is non-essential and can be made through BCAA's and other protein amino acids.

Do you think I will be able to achieve the same rates of recovery with a BCAA supplementation alone or should I purchase a combination of BCAA and glutamine, please bear in mind that I dont have an empty cheque book so Im only looking for a matter of neccessity.

Please only serious answers, I eat alot of protein but always still feel horrendously sore, and knowing what I need to purchase will be a great wealth of knowledge to me.

Tom.
    Last edited by tommo777; 05-30-2010 at 01:22 AM.

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any quality protein shake is going to contain a good amount of Glutamine Peptides and Leucine; there is no reason to purchase them seperately if that is what you are looking for.

There are mixed opinions on HMB, but it has been previously used as a recovery tool and also may help to amplify the effects of Creatine.

What type of 'side effects' were you getting from Creatine Monohydrate? Upset stomach?
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs