whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down 200 cals that big of difference?!

I read a bit on cutting, did my 'research', fixed my protein intake daily on 200+ grams, fats around 50-60g, and started to reduce carbohydrates so that I can actually lose some weight. I came up with being on 80-90 g of carbs daily, and my weight loss was going fine. One month into my cut my weight loss actually accelerated to the point that I didn't like it, 4.5 pounds per week at one point, so I upped my carbs up to 130g. Two days into this, I gained a pound and something of weight. Now I know this should be water weight but can you tell me what to expect, and why is only 200 cals making my weight go up that fast. It's kinda hard being on a cut and watching your weight go up.

additional info : cals before 1800ish
    cals after: 2000 cals.
    this is my first cut.

lerider is on a distinguished road. (+10) lerider is on a distinguished road. (+10) lerider is on a distinguished road. (+10) lerider is on a distinguished road. (+10) lerider is on a distinguished road. (+10) lerider is on a distinguished road. (+10) lerider is on a distinguished road. (+10) lerider is on a distinguished road. (+10) lerider is on a distinguished road. (+10) lerider is on a distinguished road. (+10) lerider is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As you are saying yourself, it could be water. The body stores a lot of water from time to time when losing weight, but will release it eventually. If you get on the scale every day you will gain weight sometimes from a day to day point of view.

There are other factors as well, for example how much and when you ate your last meal. Even if you get on that scale in the morning before breakfast you will still have food from last night in your body.

If you like checking your weight every day you have to accept that you will gain weight every now and then if you compare it with the last day. It's more important to lose weight on a weekly basis than daily basis.

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cant remember the exact #'s but I was thinking that the you store 4 grams of water for every 1 g of glycogen in your body. So if you were carb depleted b4 you would bave lost some water weight. Then after you were in a slight surplus and you would have extra water weight... it all comes down to cals in vs. cals out and you shouldnt really weight yourself as often as you are so that you dont freak out like this lol. Once every week or every other week is plenty
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142412021

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have weight swings like crazy. I went from 213.4 to 206.1 in 24 hours one time and this was on a very small calorie deficit with no cardio and moderate lifting.
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142412021

RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by whitely View Post
    I read a bit on cutting, did my 'research', fixed my protein intake daily on 200+ grams, fats around 50-60g, and started to reduce carbohydrates so that I can actually lose some weight. I came up with being on 80-90 g of carbs daily, and my weight loss was going fine. One month into my cut my weight loss actually accelerated to the point that I didn't like it, 4.5 pounds per week at one point, so I upped my carbs up to 130g. Two days into this, I gained a pound and something of weight. Now I know this should be water weight but can you tell me what to expect, and why is only 200 cals making my weight go up that fast. It's kinda hard being on a cut and watching your weight go up.

additional info : cals before 1800ish
    cals after: 2000 cals.
    this is my first cut.
    whats your height, weight, sex? is 2000 cals enough?
    It takes years of hard work to become an overnight success.
    Formal education will make you a living, self education will make you a fortune.

Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Most likely is do to the carb intake increase carbs tend to hold water

kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its from upping the carbs your storing more water. I personally take under 80g carbs no matter what for cutting except on carrb up days once a week or once every 2 weeks. I usualy hit around 55g a day between. Sandwich and veggies thru the day.
    You start with an intention, but you must constantly remind yourself to keep applying enough focus to achieve that outcome. Follow through. When you've given enough attention to the matter, you"ll have the result...

Feb1 to may1 challenge
    2-1, 166.6
    2-8
    2-15
    2-22
    2-29
    Month Total:

3-1
    3-8
    3-15
    3-22
    3-29
    Month Total:

4-5
    4-12
    4-19
    4-26
    Month Total:

Final Weigh in:
    5-3

whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lerider View Post
    As you are saying yourself, it could be water. The body stores a lot of water from time to time when losing weight, but will release it eventually. If you get on the scale every day you will gain weight sometimes from a day to day point of view.
    yeah, weight goes up and down, but I'm freaked out about significant changes. Cut should be nice and slow, and if my weight goes up a pound in two days, there seems to be something wrong.

Originally Posted by lerider View Post
    There are other factors as well, for example how much and when you ate your last meal. Even if you get on that scale in the morning before breakfast you will still have food from last night in your body.
    I tend to measure myself upon getting up from the bed, so that I get a number that I can compare with a week before.

Originally Posted by Vigilante_Inc View Post
    Cant remember the exact #'s but I was thinking that the you store 4 grams of water for every 1 g of glycogen in your body. So if you were carb depleted b4 you would bave lost some water weight. Then after you were in a slight surplus and you would have extra water weight... it all comes down to cals in vs. cals out and you shouldnt really weight yourself as often as you are so that you dont freak out like this lol. Once every week or every other week is plenty
    You're right, however if I'm in surplus, it's good to know. That's exactly what I'm puzzled about - I up my calories 'cause of rapid weight loss for only 200 cals, and I start making surplus?! Is that a temporary water retention on will it add up to weight?!... Kinda stuck on this.

Originally Posted by RepHeavy View Post
    whats your height, weight, sex? is 2000 cals enough?
    6 feet 1, male. Well 2000 seems to be too much?

Originally Posted by kikinz24 View Post
    Its from upping the carbs your storing more water. I personally take under 80g carbs no matter what for cutting except on carrb up days once a week or once every 2 weeks. I usualy hit around 55g a day between. Sandwich and veggies thru the day.
    I can live on below 80 no problems, I kinda miss the fruits (hard to eat everything on 80grams of carbs), but my weight loss seemed to be too fast.