YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000)

Where can i buy workout equipment cheap?

im looking at amazon, sport chalet, big 5, walmart and all, but i cant find a good price. id dont mind if its used, but not rusty and smelly crap.

i am looking for straight barbell, and an E-Z Curl Bar. (can i use a bench barbell for squats and curls? or is it too long. if its too long, please include seperate one for squat/curl)
    Plates for bench press and ez curl bar(looking for 250ish lbs). BTW how do i know if the plates will fit the bars? im new to these things cuz i only used dbs.

im trying to spend little as i can, but i will spend atleast $250-300
    im a poor kid and i have to make my own money

im buying this bench though, what you all think? good for its price?
    http://www.amazon.com/Best-Fitness-B...1199401&sr=1-5

Btw, i dont know how to use craigslist and i want to check the item out if its used. and no, screw ebay
    Last edited by RoaK; 05-28-2010 at 08:51 PM.

eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    craiglist (very srs)
    wut

4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by eelsemaj View Post
    craiglist (very srs)
    this

prioritize what you want new and used. you might not want a bench saturated by some dude's sweat, so you might want a new bench. but weights, racks, specialty bars, and almost anything else you NEED to buy used because the price difference is huge.

look at used sports stores
    Will you still rep me when I'm no longer age:20 and aesthetic?

Deadliftin' to get erect JC_Strongman's Avatar
    JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Craigslist/Kijiji/those sits

YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i have a question
    my mom is telling me that identitty theft is at high rate right now, so im going to order with my sisters mac for supps from bbing.com
    but is craigslist 100% safe? i dont want to bankrupt my mom or something, i wouldnt really mind if it were my dad though...

and how do i search for the items i want on craigslist? and can i see them personally? or must i order.

jk bout the dad part, thats a bit harsh over a div

JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JC_Strongman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RoaK View Post
    i have a question
    my mom is telling me that identitty theft is at high rate right now, so im going to order with my sisters mac for supps from bbing.com
    but is craigslist 100% safe? i dont want to bankrupt my mom or something, i wouldnt really mind if it were my dad though...

and how do i search for the items i want on craigslist? and can i see them personally? or must i order.

jk bout the dad part, thats a bit harsh over a div
    Craigslist = Giant classified ad, essentially.

You respond to an ad, agree on terms with the seller and do the exchange in person most of the time. You can use the search feature or browse through categories, although the latter might take a considerable amount of time if you live in a major urban area.

Yes you can usually come to an agreement with the seller to check the item out first and decide then, although it really depends on the individual ad. Although generally speaking, if the equipment doesn't look like complete garbage in the pictures it will be functional IRL.

I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    power rack, olympic barbell & plates, incline/decline bench

/ thread
    (Insert E-stats here)

Originally Posted by JC_Strongman View Post
    Craigslist = Giant classified ad, essentially.

You respond to an ad, agree on terms with the seller and do the exchange in person most of the time. You can use the search feature or browse through categories, although the latter might take a considerable amount of time if you live in a major urban area.

Yes you can usually come to an agreement with the seller to check the item out first and decide then, although it really depends on the individual ad. Although generally speaking, if the equipment doesn't look like complete garbage in the pictures it will be functional IRL.
    thanks man
    hope i dont get rap3d when i meet the buff guy

lol jokes

thanks man

lol jokes
    Lol last time I bought some **** of CL the seller ended up being a recently divorced MILF so hey, it's like playin' the lottery.

Like the guy above you said, look for a 7 foot Olympic bar + plates, an FID (Flat-Incline-Decline) Bench, and a power rack as essentials.

LankedOut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LankedOut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LankedOut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LankedOut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LankedOut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LankedOut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LankedOut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LankedOut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LankedOut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LankedOut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LankedOut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Get a bowflex and ab king pro off tv and you'll be set.

wow...some of the products look ok, the others are ****ty
    this one guy put tape on his olympic barbell and said its in good shape

moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Craigslist.

I got 740 lbs of weight for like 100 bucks...all were in good condition. If I wanted I could resell for probably $400 because weights got damn expensive.
    M.S. Exercise Physiology - Powerlifter - Strength and Conditioning Coach - Personal Trainer
    Current goals: Bench 400, Squat 545, Deadlift 550

wow...some of the products look ok, the others are ****ty
    this one guy put tape on his olympic barbell and said its in good shape
    Didn't say craigslist came complete with a bullshit filter brah. And tape around a metal bar doesn't necessarily indicate anything really. All of these are used, you gotta sift through them til you find a deal you can work with.

Originally Posted by moose45 View Post
    Craigslist.

I got 740 lbs of weight for like 100 bucks...all were in good condition. If I wanted I could resell for probably $400 because weights got damn expensive.
    Also this, even if they were rusted to hell I'd take that deal and spend 20 bucks on some rustoleum (sp) paint. Good as new.

Craigslist.

dude just
    WHAT THE ****K?! WOW THATS ****ING BULLSHT DAMNIT grats though, im just jealous
    i cant find any good deals
    this is complicated

moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lol ryan oaks???

Look in a different area that is closer to you?
    M.S. Exercise Physiology - Powerlifter - Strength and Conditioning Coach - Personal Trainer
    Current goals: Bench 400, Squat 545, Deadlift 550

Lol ryan oaks???

whats ryan oaks mean? was he a past rage on bb.com?

dude just
    WHAT THE ****K?! WOW THATS ****ING BULLSHT DAMNIT grats though, im just jealous
    i cant find any good deals
    this is complicated
    Lol what city/state are you looking in I have some free time to kill I'll see what I can find.

Lol ryan oaks???

HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOW DIDN'T I MAKE THAT CONNECTION?

eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) eelsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks man

lol jokes
    don't go alone, don't do it at night, pay in cash, just be smart
    wut

Originally Posted by eelsemaj View Post
    don't go alone, don't do it at night, pay in cash, just be smart
    i know
    well my mom doesnt think its safe and thinks theyre going to kill us if we go so i guess ill have to buy new things
    i swear korean/asian parents are so paranoid

Lol what city/state are you looking in I have some free time to kill I'll see what I can find.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOW DIDN'T I MAKE THAT CONNECTION?
    im in cali orange county, but my mom doesnt want me buying used things

she says ill get crap reputation irl and see me as a hobo, and thinks its dangerous
    thanks for helping anyway..
    only place i can think of now are big 5 and sport chalet and all those bs pricy places

spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Amazon maybe
    Each evening I go to bed with doubt by my side and each morning I wake with doubt to greet me. It ain’t easy to live with that sh*t, but it is a part of the uncommon life. There are no promises or guarantees, only an untold future with no regard for your desire for comfort or security.

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***
    CajunPballer 4 teen section mod. MANLETPOWER

im in cali orange county, but my mom doesnt want me buying used things

she says ill get crap reputation irl and see me as a hobo, and thinks its dangerous
    thanks for helping anyway..
    only place i can think of now are big 5 and sport chalet and all those bs pricy places
    Tell your mom white people have no problem with buying used shit, especially when they're a 15 year old kid on a tight budget, and she should dislodge the stick from up her ass.

edit: Besides, what the fu
    ck does she think the difference is gonna be between going to the gym and using their used equipment, and buying some to use at home. It's gym equipment for christ sake, function over form.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/1762547683.html 300# set w/ bar $110
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/1749928791.html Power rack, bench, 300# set w/ bar $475 (includes everything though)
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/1744852736.html No power rack, but still a decent gig for $300
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/1721421237.html Again, not a power rack but a half rack and in need of some anti-rust paint, but good package for $150

Tell your mom white people have no problem with buying used shit, especially when they're a 15 year old kid on a tight budget, and she should dislodge the stick from up her ass.

edit: Besides, what the fu
    ck does she think the difference is gonna be between going to the gym and using their used equipment, and buying some to use at home. It's gym equipment for christ sake, function over form.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/1762547683.html 300# set w/ bar $110
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/1749928791.html Power rack, bench, 300# set w/ bar $475 (includes everything though)
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/1744852736.html No power rack, but still a decent gig for $300
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/1721421237.html Again, not a power rack but a half rack and in need of some anti-rust paint, but good package for $150
    thank you man, i work out at my house. i never went to a gym
    my mom just cares for me and wants me to be able to use new things, not used ones. its just one of those parent caring things
    if she says no to this, ill just have to search on walmart etc. chalet, sports authority, big5 and all those sports stores are so expensive though.
    thnks for these man