Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why some people don't gain weight..?

OK I understand.. people saying..weight is all about calories in vs calories out...but why some people eat candy, sugar, carbs, fats, drink etc..and on top of that don't do exercise and don't gain weight?

Is it because of their metabolism? My cousin does all of this..we can actually eat the same thing for a week..and he doesn't gain weight compared to me. How can the metabolism of a person that doesn't move be faster than a person that exercise relatively?

defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000)
    No, they just don't eat more then their maintenance, skinny people eat less then fat people 99% of the time. Just because they eat junk doesn't mean it puts them over their calories.

Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by defury View Post
    No, they just don't eat more then their maintenance, skinny people eat less then fat people 99% of the time. Just because they eat junk doesn't mean it puts them over their calories.
    But my maintenance is higher then his..and we pretty much eat the same thing....and he doesn't gain weight..and I do..I think is because they don't diet..they just eat when they are hungry..compared to people that diet..

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It could be due to metabolism and other factors as well. Who cares.

If they continue to eat food like that it will likely catch up with them (weight gain among many other health issues) as they age.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Like what everyone said, it's probably because of their fast metabolism.
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

June 2012: 112 lbs.
    March 2015: 150 lbs.

To make metabolism faster, we should eat -500 calories less than mainta.. but what about those that gain weight ..for example I should be eating 2700-800 calories.. but my scale doesn't move..only up..If I eat 2000 calories..there I lose weight...but I put my metabolism slower and eventually when i go back to eating normal..will gain all the weight back.

QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I remember that bbc documentery where they did an experiment about 2 best friends. One was superskinny and one was overweight. They both said that the thin one can eat whatever she wants and that she does because her metabolism gets her thin. Then after a study with some special water that measured how much they burn and eat they saw that the overweight lady ate almost twice as much as the skinny one and excercised alot less(didnt walk to work etc). There were nothing that supported the "fast metabolism" theory, and these friends were the CLASSIC example of "He/she can eat whatever he/she wants. I envy him/her".

DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jasonc06 View Post
    But my maintenance is higher then his..and we pretty much eat the same thing....and he doesn't gain weight..and I do..I think is because they don't diet..they just eat when they are hungry..compared to people that diet..
    No, you don't eat the same. He eats a lot less, and you probably eat his leftovers or something, and then have a snack at night and between meals, unlike him.

It is all about calories in vs. out, and you're simply over-estimating his, while under-estimating yours.
    MMMC/He-Man Crew

Misc Strength Crew

Bench: 295x4
    Squat: 315x4
    Dead: 370x4
    -Raw-
    ◕‿◕

Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by QT View Post
    I remember that bbc documentery where they did an experiment about 2 best friends. One was superskinny and one was overweight. They both said that the thin one can eat whatever she wants and that she does because her metabolism gets her thin. Then after a study with some special water that measured how much they burn and eat they saw that the overweight lady ate almost twice as much as the skinny one and excercised alot less(didnt walk to work etc). There were nothing that supported the "fast metabolism" theory, and these friends were the CLASSIC example of "He/she can eat whatever he/she wants. I envy him/her".
    Seen this too, you are simply over estimating his calories and under estimating yours, metabolism can only make up so much and a +500 calorie difference it won't make unless he is significantly taller and more muscular then you.

R U looking at ma pint? FatScottishGuy's Avatar
    FatScottishGuy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FatScottishGuy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FatScottishGuy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FatScottishGuy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FatScottishGuy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FatScottishGuy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FatScottishGuy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FatScottishGuy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FatScottishGuy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FatScottishGuy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FatScottishGuy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Dths View Post
    Seen this too, you are simply over estimating his calories and under estimating yours, metabolism can only make up so much and a +500 calorie difference it won't make unless he is significantly taller and more muscular then you.
    There is a Lyle McDonald article that mentions this as well...that people that "can't put on weight" tend to under estimate calories and people that "can never lose weight" tend to overestimate and when you make the conditions strictly controlled this all falls apart.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...e-get-fat.html

Part 1

firbrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

just my 2 cents...... my gramps i literally watched him eat a ENTIRE 2 layer birthday cake he sat there birped then asked my mom what was for dinner....10 mins later. the man NEVER EVER could gain ANY weight he stayed the same everyday maybe 1-2 pounds variation. he ate like this all day about 4 meals usually. then i knew another guyi actaully worked with... same story he could eat a enitre nacho bell grande meal 2 tacos and mexican pizza from taco bell. then about 2 hours later eat another meal just about the same again he NEVER gained weight. yeah......lol those kinda people make me wanna cry... and puke....lmfao... they have a " high metabolism" . right now ive reached my weight loss goals and now im bulking and i have gained 3 pounds but i have had to eat ALOT of food. b4 i started lifting heavy id could ate a 1/4 of what i ate now and gained 5 pounds water weight or not.......lol if you want to be able to eat and not gain much weight just lift heavy for a couple months i do mean lift heavy....deadlifts squats....etc this peeds up the meaoblism ten fold!!!! also make sure your nailing the correct cals for your maintenace cals otherwise you might just gain weight....oooo btw ive NEVER ever had any issues gaining weight b4 i started lifting. i was the ""fat kid" all my life. now ive literally turned the tables and i control how much i gain now and its a great feeling! good luck! btw as a side note i dont always eat "clean" its literally about cals in vs. cals out. eating clean is better for health heart and life in genaral but, no-one is perfect and i slip alot. especially since im bulking( bulking is soooo much better than cutting)

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    all the 'ecto's' ive ever known are ALWAYS hungry, but when you sit them in front of a meal they rarely finish all of it. constantly eating but with a small tolerance for 'fullness'

whereas endo's can pack away a room full of food, and still have room for dessert
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've known lots of skinny guys who claim they couldn't gain weight. Some of them worked in extremely physical jobs, like construction, or warehouse. They literally burned thousands of calories a day just working.

Others were very active in outdoor activities or sports. Hard to gain weight eating 3-4000 calories a day when you are burning thousands of calories playing basketball with your friends, bicycling 30 miles, going hiking on the weekends, etc.

Then there were the people who literally only ate one real meal a day. I would go to lunch with them and they would snack on a small bag of chips or some candy, but they wouldn't eat hardly anything. I mean they probably only ate 1500-2000 calories a day of pure junk. Some of them smoked, and that suppressed their appetites.

jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not always the case. Some people bulk eating 4K calories a day and barely gain a pound a month. My bulk consists of over 1000 less.
    I Rep back always. Put it in comment.

500+ will 100% get repped back.

Life Progress

Started: 279lb 43% body fat
    1st Cut: 191lb 16% body fat
    1st Bulk: 231lb 26% body fat
    2010 Summer Cut: 193 10% body fat
    Bulking Currently 202 13% body fat.

rchetanshani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    accutually thats depends on your body because some guys have some kind of special so how much they eat junk food they don,t get fat