heather1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Shaky/weak feeling after workout

Last week I began working out, then i quit for a week, gained back the 6 pounds i had lost, and now a week later i am back at it.

Today I did the same routine, 45 min of resistance and calisthenics...using dumb bells for resistance. Now Im SO shaky and weak...is there ANYTHING i can do at all to get rid of it? Lol. I dont feel dizzy or anything, just my arms are weak, and shaky, but no pain. I have a house to clean up, and kids to take care of, so I need to be able to function.

Im guess there is nothing. this is a good thing right?

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You need to eat better/more before you attempt to work out.
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    keep working out, don't take a week off after only a week of training. eventually u will stop getting sore, give it a week or 2.

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by heather1982 View Post
    Last week I began working out, then i quit for a week, gained back the 6 pounds i had lost, and now a week later i am back at it.

Today I did the same routine, 45 min of resistance and calisthenics...using dumb bells for resistance. Now Im SO shaky and weak...is there ANYTHING i can do at all to get rid of it? Lol. I dont feel dizzy or anything, just my arms are weak, and shaky, but no pain. I have a house to clean up, and kids to take care of, so I need to be able to function.

Do you eat anything before training?

I would recommend a meal with protein and complex carbohydrates about 60 minutes before hitting the gym (oatmeal + lean meat, protein shake, etc.).

Drinking enough water is important and you may even want to consider pre-workout or intra-workout carbohydrate or BCAA products to help provide you with sustained energy.
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Eat properly before your workout. As your conditioning level increases, this issue will decrease.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice pic.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

Title Town [Green Bay] ebongo91's Avatar
    ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebongo91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

thatmeansyouredoingitright

but seriously, you'll get used to it.

BigMatt302 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMatt302 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMatt302 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMatt302 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMatt302 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMatt302 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMatt302 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMatt302 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMatt302 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMatt302 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMatt302 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You need to eat some carbs before and after your workout

I have a bellybutton The Shoeless Wonder's Avatar
    The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It still happens to me from time to time. Could be your CNS being stressed. Just take a few minutes to rest then get back to lifting!

Registered User blazing_hellion's Avatar
    blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you have your nutrition/hydration in order(mostly) then it means you got a good workout.

when you workout you cause micro trauma. After my workouts I'm usually pretty shaky as well. and for about 4ish hours after im pretty weak in comparision to usual. After that though its mostly fine. just tired and sore.

Basically, its normal. Now if it causes pain thats different. But since you said no pain, just shakey, it means you had an effective workout
    "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender!"

"A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return. But once you have overcome it and made it your own... You will posses a irreplaceable Full-metal heart." -Full Metal Alchemist

...on a mission... AlphaBrass01's Avatar
    AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It used to happen to me until I started drinking A LOT more water when I work out. I always had water, but I figured out that in order to really feel good during and after, I had to drink more than I thought.

http://www.********.com/AlphaBrass01

billstickly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billstickly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billstickly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billstickly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billstickly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billstickly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billstickly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billstickly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billstickly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billstickly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) billstickly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i feel shaky and weak after a hard workout....seems normal...