Disura is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Taking supplements for increase swimming performance.

I'm a swimmer and I'm really new to supplements.I thought of getting 25g whey isolate,5g creatine,5g glutamine,5g BCAA after swimming practice in the morning.Then 25g whey isolate,5g glutamine,5g BCAA after weight training in the evening.Am I taking these supplements correctly for Increase endurance,speed,strength and power.?

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The whey and BCAA is more of a dietary supplement than a performance enhancer. Yes, they may help in the long run but not really directly. If you want something for immediate gratification, I see a huge difference in my gym strength and stamina when I take Beta Alanine. I take 2g in the am and 2g pm, every day. Threre are no long term studies on it so I cycle on for 4-5 months, then take a break for 4-5, and so on. Creatine will help with what you're looking for too, 5g a day, every day forever.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    The whey and BCAA is more of a dietary supplement than a performance enhancer. Yes, they may help in the long run but not really directly. If you want something for immediate gratification, I see a huge difference in my gym strength and stamina when I take Beta Alanine. I take 2g in the am and 2g pm, every day. Threre are no long term studies on it so I cycle on for 4-5 months, then take a break for 4-5, and so on. Creatine will help with what you're looking for too, 5g a day, every day forever.
    Sorry for not mentioning, but I'm asking about the long run. Am I getting those supplements correctly

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Disura View Post
    I'm a swimmer and I'm really new to supplements.I thought of getting 25g whey isolate,5g creatine,5g glutamine,5g BCAA after swimming practice in the morning.Then 25g whey isolate,5g glutamine,5g BCAA after weight training in the evening.Am I taking these supplements correctly for Increase endurance,speed,strength and power.?
    No, you're not. ISOs are for people with lactose issues, and meant as a convenient means to hitting your macros if you're falling short for the day on your protein intake. There is no reason to add glutamine (single amino acid), or BCAA (incomplete protein /3 aminos) to a complete protein. They won't increase your endurance, speed, strength, or power. If you want to increase your strength and power you need to lift weights and tax the muscles.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Head Manlet In Charge LiftingLando's Avatar
    LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Also says you're 17 in your bio. So I'm going to refrain from giving any supplement advice.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/man/man.htm
    www.mansports.com

DSC -- North Carolina Chapter

Harley Davidson Enthusiast and Semi-Pro Wannabe Bowler
    -- Creatine 5g/day, 6.78g Canadian --

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LiftingLando View Post
    Also says you're 17 in your bio. So I'm going to refrain from giving any supplement advice.
    this just focus on getting a solid diet in place.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

All weights were lifted gallagnm's Avatar
    gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what youre looking for is a sound diet, training plan, and recovery sequence. Fill in those gaps before adding new stuff in like supplements
    Personal Journal (ISSA-SSC, AFAA-CGFI, SPT)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175995851

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

beta over glutamine

Originally Posted by Disura View Post
    all is good except go with beta alanine over glutamine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Curious on your diet plan as well.

A protein powder can be a great supplement, but should solely be used to help you reach your protein macros for the day.

At 17, I would recommend EATING a TON
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

thank you very much for all replys.There is another question.Should I speed lift a normal weight or increase the weight and do slow reps to increase power,speed,....

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Heizz View Post

At 17, I would recommend EATING a TON
    I wouldn't suggest that for an endurance type swimmer, aren't these guys usually like stick and bones?
    ….

Originally Posted by XCriticalBenchX View Post
    I wouldn't suggest that for an endurance type swimmer, aren't these guys usually like stick and bones?
    You are correct. We need endurance,speed,strength and power.But a little bigger muscles will create more power.Should I speed lift a normal weight or increase the weight and do slow reps.What will help me to increase the power?