MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The owner of my gym says to put my arms on their own...

If their having trouble growing?

Is this a good idea?

I'm currently doing a 4 day routine, would a 5 day be better to help my arms grow, because my arms haven't grown in a while and I do back/biceps, chest/triceps, should I swap?
    "Using no way as a way, using no limitations as a limitation." - Bruce Lee

Feb 2 - 174lbs BF% - 15-16
    Mar 2 -
    Apr 2 -

bobbyw91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbyw91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbyw91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbyw91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbyw91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbyw91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbyw91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbyw91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbyw91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbyw91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbyw91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to do the same, chest/tri and back/bi. I decided to switch it up a couple months ago and do arms on their own day, i've noticed a lot of progress so far and i've grown to like it

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    There's only one way to find out....................
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    try it and report back

Improvfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Up the intensity

Originally Posted by MetalJoe666 View Post
    If their having trouble growing?

Is this a good idea?

I'm currently doing a 4 day routine, would a 5 day be better to help my arms grow, because my arms haven't grown in a while and I do back/biceps, chest/triceps, should I swap?
    I had the same problem and changed my routine. First I went to a heavy routine and then did a blitz for the arms on one day. Kept the 4 day routine. Went Back on day 1, chest/shoulders day 2, rest day 3, legs day 4, arms day 5.
    For biceps I did DB curls 30 secs, rest 10 secs, repeat 2 more times. Then my next bi exercise was heavy DB hammer curls as heavy as I could.
    Did the same for triceps with pulldowns and close grip bench press.
    That's it. Put on 1" inch on my arms in 5 weeks and I am 61 years old. My arms have never been bigger.
    Really shocks the muscles.

Improv

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I can tell from your sig line that you are beyond help. do whatever the hell you want to just don't come back here crying when it dorsn't work.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't think you need to get stronger at all. If anything, you are TOO strong.

imo

thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomaslux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    I can tell from your sig line that you are beyond help. do whatever the hell you want to just don't come back here crying when it dorsn't work.
    /thread

can't help but lol at the 'aim to be a bodybuilder, not a strong man'. don't worry, op, you're in no danger of getting strong....
    currently stacking: white blood/purple wraath/kre-alk

**Aussie Winter Crew**

lost 110lbs, now in the process of building a better me

dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i like the 5 day split. have an "arm" day works good for me and is worth a try.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're dead-set on doing a split, that's fine, but I wouldn't go more than four days a week. In Flex Wheeler's "Mass Construction" video, in the off-season he'd do arms on Day 1, legs on Day 2, take the third day off, then back on the next day and chest and shoulders a day after that--just four days a week.

Granted, Flex was/is a genetic freak and was juicing big-time (like all the rest) but his programme was sound, and he didn't use all that many exercises. If I remember correctly, he did no more than twelve sets each for bis and tris; since you're natural (I assume) you could cut that down to maybe eight to ten (tops) each for bis and tris and see where that leads you.

As for exercises, I don't know what you're doing now, but I'd suggest something like barbell or dumbbell curls for three sets, preachers for three, and one or two sets of hammers for bis and forearms; for tris, close-grips or dips for three sets, then lying or standing extensions for three sets, and maybe a couple of sets of pushdowns to finish things off. These are the IMHO best "mass" exercises to do. If you push yourself hard, you won't want to do extra sets. Just my suggestions, here...
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "Starting Strength? No sir.
    Madcow's? No sir.
    Wendlers? No sir.

4 day split? YESPLS.

I am not into powerlifting or training for strength. I aim to be a bodybuilder, not a strong man."

Nothing wrong with a 4 say split, you know......like Wendler's 5 3 1. But that's a real program, which you really don't want, because everything is like......... really thought out and properly programmed. And the poundage progression? Couldn't possibly work for someone so exceptional.

If you don't want to get stronger in stuff that hits arms, then you have a serious problem. You must respect the SAID principle, Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demand. If you don't get much stronger in movements that involve forearm flexing(curls to supinate chins), and forearm extension(tri pushdowns to dips), your muscle fibers in bis and tris won't have to get bigger.

The amount of sarcoplasmic(fluid) hypertrophy you will get from pumping with light weights is something that will shrink on the weekend away from the gym.

So you have a problem, because you think you can get a great physique, but you don't want to be a strong man. Like a midget wanting to be a great basketball player. The thing is, he can't get tall, so he can't do anything about it. You can get strong, so you have no excuse. And ignorance is damnable, you can read.

It doesn't the fck matter where you put in your bis and tris. You shouldn't be so ignorant that you can't put them somewhere in your program, without trashing them first, since you want to prioritize them. So chest/bis and back/tris is better for your purpose than the usual reverse combo. And of course you can devote an extra day to beach muscles, you are allowed to hit stuff twice a week, if mommy doesn't object.

Any rep range from 1 x 20 to 20 x 1 works with poundage progression. None works without.
    Last edited by jgreystoke; 05-28-2010 at 07:22 AM.