Jarhead369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Long lasting problem with abs. Please help!!!

Im 19 years old and Ive tried everything I can to define my abs more, but for some reason no matter what I do I can never get my lower abs to define. The lower abdominal fat on my stomach won't go away no matter what I've tried (3-5 miles of cardio a day, 1000 calorie diet for one month, insane abdominal workouts.) none of it has worked, I have my upper abs where I want them but after my top two rows of abs it just goes to fat. Please help!!!!!

mad_x_00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mad_x_00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mad_x_00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mad_x_00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mad_x_00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mad_x_00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mad_x_00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mad_x_00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mad_x_00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mad_x_00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mad_x_00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jarhead369 View Post
    Im 19 years old and Ive tried everything I can to define my abs more, but for some reason no matter what I do I can never get my lower abs to define. The lower abdominal fat on my stomach won't go away no matter what I've tried (3-5 miles of cardio a day, 1000 calorie diet for one month, insane abdominal workouts.) none of it has worked, I have my upper abs where I want them but after my top two rows of abs it just goes to fat. Please help!!!!!
    how many cals are you taking in normally...what is your weight and body fat %...what do your workouts looks like?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123139563 my log
    Proud Member of the US Army
    OEF 09-10 <-----be home in August

started at 207 lbs

MAT 07 - 198 lbs
    MAY 14 - 195 lbs
    MAY 21 - 194 lbs
    MAY 31 - 193 lbs
    JUN 21 - 190 lbs
    JUL 18 - 185 lbs

GOAL - 170 SEP 3rd

mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How long have you been working out and dieting? Whats your diet like? Are you actually tracking your calories or simply "guesstimating"?

edit:
    1 month? Ok, it's gonna take longer than that man. Trust me. Lower ab fat is usually the last to go. Seeing them requires dedication and tiiiiiime. Keep lifting heavy, do some hiit, keep your protein high, get enough EFAs, stay below maintenance and sleep. You'll get there.

Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Let's see some pics.. You probably have more fat to lose.

tacz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Continue with your cardio workout and your diet of veggies and fruits for about 2 months and you will see better results. Do especial sit ups that targets you lower abs like leg raises.

Originally Posted by mad_x_00 View Post
    how many cals are you taking in normally...what is your weight and body fat %...what do your workouts looks like?
    Im taking in roughly 2500 calories a day, Im 5'9" and Im 175. the calorie intake so far is a guestimate, but I've been tracking them today. I use my iPhone for the site and it won't let me upload pics but text my phone and I'll send em to you. 340-201-6053

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol not a good idea to post ur number on a website

and i can already see the problem with ur "diet." u are guesstimating . and yea i doubt u were on a 1k cal diet for an entire month straight. also r u even weight lifting?

diet+ cardio is not enough to get lean. its enough to lose fat + muscle tho

Originally Posted by .aeterna View Post
    lol not a good idea to post ur number on a website

and i can already see the problem with ur "diet." u are guesstimating . and yea i doubt u were on a 1k cal diet for an entire month straight. also r u even weight lifting?

diet+ cardio is not enough to get lean. its enough to lose fat + muscle tho
    Okay I've been training since u was fifteen and it's not just casual workouts. I would train for four hours a day, six days a week, training for the usmc. And yes, I was on a 1k diet for 30 days. It was hell but I did it. I just can't figure out how to define my lower abs and get rid of that lower stomach fat. The key factor here is that I also haven't trained for a few months, due to my work schedule, but Im back to my old schedule and nothings working. Even when I was training a few months ago I couldn't cut the fat.

masong11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masong11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masong11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masong11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masong11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masong11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masong11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masong11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masong11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masong11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masong11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    look 1000 cals is not enough bud your metabolism is going to hit the floor you need to get your diet right get your metabolism up by eating the right foods high cals is not bad if your eating the right kind and with all that cardio you should be ok to higher cals just keep a good diet of the right foods, and try hitting the weights a little more in exchange for some of that cardio you actually use more energy to lift hard then you do runing so in turn you burn more cals ....good luck

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    4 hours training a day on 1000 cals? You trying the 50 Cent diet OP?

Seriously though, thats ridiculous. Your body NEEDS more calories. You can't just eat lettuce and broccolli all day and expect to lose weight healthily.

I'd suggest changing your workout aswel. That is WAY too much exercise for the amount that you're eating. As Trey Brewer said "There is no such thing as overtraining, only undereating." And IMO, if you can work out for 4 hours straight, there's gotta be something wrong with your level of intensity.

MORE IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER

Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jarhead369 View Post
    Im taking in roughly 2500 calories a day, Im 5'9" and Im 175. the calorie intake so far is a guestimate, but I've been tracking them today. I use my iPhone for the site and it won't let me upload pics but text my phone and I'll send em to you. 340-201-6053
    get your cals down to 16-1800 range and add some HIIT cardio and get 1 g/protein per lb of lean bw and stay consistent, you'll get there

Omar_Gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar_Gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar_Gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i m no expert but seriously some pics would be nice, would give people an idea how exactly you belly looks like and whats you overall muscle definition.
    "Gotta learn to love it. The pain, the reward, the dedication...realizing you are doing something that 90% of people talk about but never do. The journey is a reward in itself." DK_Phoenix

"Having a positive outlook is half the battle when it comes to accomplishing a goal." eesmolenski

RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Omar_Gt View Post
    i m no expert but seriously some pics would be nice, would give people an idea how exactly you belly looks like and whats you overall muscle definition.
    x2.
    It takes years of hard work to become an overnight success.
    Formal education will make you a living, self education will make you a fortune.

Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    175lbs at 5'9 so you either have excess fat or have quite a lot of muscle on you..

I'm thinking it won't really be that you have a lot of muscle on you, as you usually find that with the time and effort put into training your body for muscle gains, knowledge on nutrition comes with it, which you are seemingly lacking..

Which would lead to the suggestion that you have excess body fat, cut, but cut healthy.. Take a -500/700 deficit per day.. You can't live & train on 1000cals.

This thread would be a whole lot more useful with some pics fyi.
    “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.”

-Albert Einstein