Thread: 2 Questions

connectionist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) connectionist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

2 Questions

1.) Why are most of the routines I see based over 7 days? Obviously I realise it means you can plan your week etc BUT who says this is the most efficent / effective method to follow? Ie "i hit my muscle once a week", why not hit them 3 times every two weeks etc; 6 times a month or whatever

2.) Why should you follow a set routine for 6-8 weeks? Why not do one routine then switch it sooner and more frequently?

snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snakeskin69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by connectionist View Post
    1.) Why are most of the routines I see based over 7 days? Obviously I realise it means you can plan your week etc BUT who says this is the most efficent / effective method to follow? Ie "i hit my muscle once a week", why not hit them 3 times every two weeks etc; 6 times a month or whatever

2.) Why should you follow a set routine for 6-8 weeks? Why not do one routine then switch it sooner and more frequently?
    1. if you hit your muscles too frequently they will be overtrained. using a week to plan your routine is the easiest and best way to do it.

2. i switch up my routines every 3 weeks

skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000) skaffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by connectionist View Post

1) most routines are based on this...you are right. There are however many routines based over like 10 day, 20 and even 30 day intervals instead of using weeks, or even months. THe routine i used to have a 5 day cycle that kept repeating...so it didn't matter on the day of the week but the day of my cycle. I would also workout a muscle 3 - 4 times every 2 weeks.

2) I usually don't use a routine for more than 5 weeks. But the reason you shouldn't switch every time is cause you can't see progress. If i follow a program for 5 weeks...week one lets say i bench 100 lbs...week 5 i bench lets say 150 lbs...i knew i made progress and my muscles aren't used to the excercise after 1 workout, you'll still be shocking your muscle after a few weeks. If you change every time workout routines are gonna get chaotic and "unroutinely" (yeah i tried changing it every workout).
    I bodybuild, I don't powerlift, as far as how much I can lift goes it doesn't matter to me, it's how much I grow.
    >>rep canadian brahs on site
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124758881 < workout log