drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

beta-alanine overdose???

So I finally got my new order last week and threw in a bottle of Beta-Alanine from cheap supplements in there, just so I can get my total to $100 and get the free shipping.

Well I took my first and ONLY dose on Friday. I read on here that the recommend dose was 4-6 grams a day spread out. Since I received my order late in the day, I figured I would do 3 grams pre-wo and another 3 post-wo.

I mixed my 3 grams with my new Myofusion protein shake (which by the way the banana flavor is amazing). After about 15 minutes I started to get that tingling feeling. 5 minutes later tingling feeling turn into my skin feeling like it was on fire. Then my stomach started acting up. I ended up with pissing out of my arse and puking. Messed up part about it, that I puked twice and the third time, I puked blood. I was freaking out.

Anyway, now I have a full bottle of beta-alanine, which I think is going to find it's way to the garbage.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drod77 View Post
    So I finally got my new order last week and threw in a bottle of Beta-Alanine from cheap supplements in there, just so I can get my total to $100 and get the free shipping.

Well I took my first and ONLY dose on Friday. I read on here that the recommend dose was 4-6 grams a day spread out. Since I received my order late in the day, I figured I would do 3 grams pre-wo and another 3 post-wo.

I mixed my 3 grams with my new Myofusion protein shake (which by the way the banana flavor is amazing). After about 15 minutes I started to get that tingling feeling. 5 minutes later tingling feeling turn into my skin feeling like it was on fire. Then my stomach started acting up. I ended up with pissing out of my arse and puking. Messed up part about it, that I puked twice and the third time, I puked blood. I was freaking out.

Anyway, now I have a full bottle of beta-alanine, which I think is going to find it's way to the garbage.

Non-Famous Non-Scientist koard31's Avatar
    koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    This x2
    A fan of not overthinking.

Aesthetically pleased fretslayer's Avatar
    fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dude send it my way! Kidding. I've taken 4 grams or twice the serving size many, many times and never had that reaction. Maybe you have to get yourself used to it before you double up? I would lower your doses and try again.
    Lee Priest for President

MrLJizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrLJizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrLJizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrLJizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrLJizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrLJizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrLJizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrLJizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrLJizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrLJizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrLJizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ive taken upto 10g in a day. all i noticed was tingling.
    Mods ain't got **** on me

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)

Sounds like you got food poisoning.

Nickkkkk001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nickkkkk001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nickkkkk001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nickkkkk001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nickkkkk001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nickkkkk001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nickkkkk001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nickkkkk001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nickkkkk001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nickkkkk001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nickkkkk001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    is it the protein?

but i've been taking 2.5g 2x a day now.

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MrLJizzle View Post
    ive taken upto 10g in a day. all i noticed was tingling.
    Same. I actually enjoy the tingling anyway.

OP, it sounds like something else caused your episode. Try again at 3g for one day and see what happens.

drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drod77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Monkey_kid001 View Post
    is it the protein?

but i've been taking 2.5g 2x a day now.
    Can't be. I've been taking it since Friday and the only occurance was when I took it with the Beta.

Maybe I have to build up my tolerance. Or the teaspoons that I used where too big. The bottle said 1 teaspoon = 1gram. So I just used a regular sized teaspoon. Not like my creatine teaspoons where I pile it on.

I want to try it again. But that day scared the crap out of me. My skin was on fire, I had the runs and I was puking out blood. Not a very fun day.

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think 1/2 tsp = 2g. It could depend on how finely the crystals are though.
    This is what I use:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/betaalanine.html
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

anonymous
    I seriously doubt it was the beta alanine. The tingling sensation is normal when you start, but I use 5g at once and never even feel it anymore. Your illness was probably caused by something else.

CometMebru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CometMebru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CometMebru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CometMebru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CometMebru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CometMebru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CometMebru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CometMebru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CometMebru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CometMebru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CometMebru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I really doubt 1teaspoon is only a gram!

Originally Posted by rkrajnov View Post
    I seriously doubt it was the beta alanine. The tingling sensation is normal when you start, but I use 5g at once and never even feel it anymore. Your illness was probably caused by something else.
    But I didn't take anything else. I had 2 scoops of Myofusion with water and 3 teaspoons of beta-alanine. That's it. I've had about 10 shakes of the Myofusion since then (minus the Beta) and have been fine.

Maybe I'm allergic to beta-alanine? Is that even possible?

Originally Posted by Optical View Post
    I really doubt 1teaspoon is only a gram!
    I'm going to have to go home a re-read the label. But I could've sworn it said 1 teaspoon = 1 gram.

Looking at the label on the bb.com store says 1/4 teaspoon = 1 gram. Fack me. So I took 12 grams and not 3 like I thought.

Lesson for the day: "Read your labels carefully, kids!"

r_french will become famous soon enough. (+50) r_french will become famous soon enough. (+50) r_french will become famous soon enough. (+50) r_french will become famous soon enough. (+50) r_french will become famous soon enough. (+50) r_french will become famous soon enough. (+50) r_french will become famous soon enough. (+50) r_french will become famous soon enough. (+50) r_french will become famous soon enough. (+50) r_french will become famous soon enough. (+50) r_french will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this guy is right, he did take too much beta alanine.

The label says 1 tsp = 1 g. this is way off. 1 tsp = 4 g.

I had the same problem and i made a post about this before, the cheap supplements label is wrong. I guess thats why its cheap supplements...

Anyway, looks like you took 12 g in one does. I did this when i was hung over and would go through phases where my skin was burning and i would start sweating and then i would get cold. Just take a little less than 1 tsp next time and you will be fine.
    My Neogenix Supremacy Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124603571

StimJunkieExtraordinaire hedfullofmusic's Avatar
    hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey I concur with the OP that the MyoFusion Banana is indeed Perfection. The Strawberry I might add is not to be forgotten either, as it is most delish.
    * ulcerative colitis crew *

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hedfullofmusic View Post
    Hey I concur with the OP that the MyoFusion Banana is indeed Perfection. The Strawberry I might add is not to be forgotten either, as it is most delish.
    Yeah...you reeeeeeeeeeeally got the point of this thread...strong helpful post.

Artemmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Artemmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Artemmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Artemmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Artemmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Artemmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Artemmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Artemmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Artemmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Artemmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Artemmm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump

i just added it to my cart, how much should a 16 year old take a day?

I just confirmed that the label does read "1 teaspoon = 1 gram". I should change the title of this post to "Cheap Supplement's, cheap labeling, almost killed me."

I guess you get what you pay for. I'm going to drop them an email before this or worse, happens to someone else.

For the guy above me, I'm not sure you should be taking this at your age, but if you are the recommended dosage is 4-6 grams SPREAD out, a day. Each teaspoon = 4 grams. I started to take it again, 1 teaspoon, twice a day, with no adverse effects.

Rachelle99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tingling and puking

Hey, I know this is an old thread but I could not find any new ones on this subject. I had the same thing happen to me today as you!
    I used 1 teaspoon of beta alanine in my water during workout. When I got home, I started feeling tingling all over my body like little nettlestings. I had no idea what they were coming from, and I wanted to shower but I got dizzy and got into bed right away. I googled the tingling, finally found out it was the beta alanine. I was feeling sick, almost puked and just fell asleep for 2 hours. I felt like I was going to faint honestly. I just woke up and I feel much better. I don't know if I am still going to use this supplement...

osufitpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    But I didn't take anything else. I had 2 scoops of Myofusion with water and 3 teaspoons of beta-alanine. That's it. I've had about 10 shakes of the Myofusion since then (minus the Beta) and have been fine.

Maybe I'm allergic to beta-alanine? Is that even possible?
    If you took 3 teaspoons of beta-alanine that was close to 21grams of beta-alanine. Beta-alanine = 6.98g per teaspoon. A teaspoon is a volume measurement where as a gram is a weight measurement. I google "how many grams of beta-alanine are in a teaspoon"
    As for you being allergic, anything is possible but I would look to taking MUCH less in a serving. If you got a scooper in your creatine, look at the serving size, it's usually around 5g for creatine that will give you an idea of how much beta-alanine you should get (1/2 of a 5g scoop pre and post)

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    21g of beta alanine as a first dose, screw that. I think the first time I taken it I had 2 grams and even that was pretty unpleasant.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Rachelle99 View Post
    Hey, I know this is an old thread but I could not find any new ones on this subject. I had the same thing happen to me today as you!
    I used 1 teaspoon of beta alanine in my water during workout. When I got home, I started feeling tingling all over my body like little nettlestings. I had no idea what they were coming from, and I wanted to shower but I got dizzy and got into bed right away. I googled the tingling, finally found out it was the beta alanine. I was feeling sick, almost puked and just fell asleep for 2 hours. I felt like I was going to faint honestly. I just woke up and I feel much better. I don't know if I am still going to use this supplement...
    The affect reduces, after about a week you barely notice it. However, never use it if you have sunburn, trust me.