Registered User justinstevens92's Avatar
    justinstevens92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What can I do differently?

I've been doing a 2 day split on my workouts. Heavy weight/low reps and light weight /high reps. I've been making gains in all of my lifts except my bench press. I do bench on my heavy days. I do chest & back together and start with chest. My workout goes like this:
    Bench - 5x5
    Incline dumbbell press - 5x5
    Decline barbell press 5x5
    I've made gains in both incline and decline but not in my bench. Bench has never been my favorite of the big 3 but I've never had any problems making gains. What can I do differently??

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by justinstevens92 View Post
    I've been doing a 2 day split on my workouts. Heavy weight/low reps and light weight /high reps. I've been making gains in all of my lifts except my bench press. I do bench on my heavy days. I do chest & back together and start with chest. My workout goes like this:
    Bench - 5x5
    Incline dumbbell press - 5x5
    Decline barbell press 5x5
    I've made gains in both incline and decline but not in my bench. Bench has never been my favorite of the big 3 but I've never had any problems making gains. What can I do differently??
    Hey Justin,

To make sure I understand correctly, are you doing a 2-day split for all of your muscle groups/workouts? Meaning a low-rep workout and a high-rep workout for your chest? Given that you are making gains on the other pressing movements it could be a form issue. Do you have a video of your bench press?