Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    gonzo77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Upper body needs help....

Derek
    I was wondering what u thought of me using your upper body workout program 3 days a week. With no lower body. What I want to do is Monday uperbody Wednesday uperbody and than repeat Mondays uperbody again on Friday. What do u think?
    Thanks

roadglider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

12 week bulking trainer

I am trying to follow the 12 week bulking trainer exactly. However, in my gym it is hard to get spotters and I would prefer to do the bench presses with dumbbells. Is there any difference or reason that you specify BBs? Is there a difference in terms of the bulking goal.

Thanks

Yurbur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Derek you said soreness is not an indicator of a good workout, if it isnt then what is? Also for the later weeks for example when you do 6 sets of 3 what would you do for pull ups if 6 sets of 3 pull ups is not challenging at all?

dumborambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking diet

hi derek i have started your prgoram and today is my 2nd week's first day. I had a bit confusion

If my meal plan says to take 3 servings of carbs, and i want to take brown rice, then how mcuh grams it should be?? is it before cooking or after cooking because after cooking the mass of rice increses. pls answer me in grams.

same is the case about oatmeal, 3 servings equal 60gms of oatmeal... but is it cooked or uncooked?

thanks

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by gonzo77 View Post
    Derek
    I was wondering what u thought of me using your upper body workout program 3 days a week. With no lower body. What I want to do is Monday uperbody Wednesday uperbody and than repeat Mondays uperbody again on Friday. What do u think?
    Thanks
    Why no lower body training?

Originally Posted by roadglider View Post
    I am trying to follow the 12 week bulking trainer exactly. However, in my gym it is hard to get spotters and I would prefer to do the bench presses with dumbbells. Is there any difference or reason that you specify BBs? Is there a difference in terms of the bulking goal.

Thanks
    In this program barbells are better for the heavier week of 6 X 3, but other than that dumbbells are fine.

Originally Posted by Yurbur View Post
    Hi Derek you said soreness is not an indicator of a good workout, if it isnt then what is? Also for the later weeks for example when you do 6 sets of 3 what would you do for pull ups if 6 sets of 3 pull ups is not challenging at all?
    Beating your previous performance = good workout. The pump during the workout and soreness after the workout do not = good workout.

Originally Posted by dumborambo View Post
    hi derek i have started your prgoram and today is my 2nd week's first day. I had a bit confusion

If my meal plan says to take 3 servings of carbs, and i want to take brown rice, then how mcuh grams it should be?? is it before cooking or after cooking because after cooking the mass of rice increses. pls answer me in grams.

same is the case about oatmeal, 3 servings equal 60gms of oatmeal... but is it cooked or uncooked?

thanks
    1 cup (uncooked) oatmeal = 60g of carbs
    1 1/3 cup (cooked) rice = 60g carbs.

sicinsane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for tri phase program do i still warm up with a 5-10 min jog like i did for the 12 week bulking program? i didnt see it in the pdf or the vid besides post work out low intensity on the treadmill..

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by sicinsane View Post
    for tri phase program do i still warm up with a 5-10 min jog like i did for the 12 week bulking program? i didnt see it in the pdf or the vid besides post work out low intensity on the treadmill..
    Yes I recommend 5-10 mins of cardio to start your warm-up on any program.

liveEPIC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Derek,

I'm in week 5 of your 12-week bulk program and i'm feeling great. Can definitely see improvements in my physique and I can really see the gains in strength. I haven't really recorded my starting stats as I recently started to work out again so wasn't too sure where I was when I started.

Anyway, I had a question to ask. The lying tricep extensions are killing my elbows (I have bad elbows.) So i've been replacing them with chair dips is this alright or do you recommend a different exercise? Additionally, I have been adding extra bicep and tricep workouts at the end of my Mondays and Thursdays is this unnecessary? Last question, does it matter what days I workout during the week as long as I get 4 days in with proper rest inbetween?
    thank you

GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

12 Week Bulk

Derek - Looking forward to starting your 12 week bulk program (Nov 1st). Do you suggest same weight per or escalating or descending pyramids?

Thanks!
    -gm

RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Derek,

Hey man. Well I need a good suggestion from you. I was looking into following your bulking diet. I really have not looked at everything yet, but im sure its around the same as your cutting diet but with more servings (cals). I'm a bit overweight and higher in the BF% area (somewhere around 20%). I have lost a lot of strength and muscle size from future cuts, so I decided to just bulk during this winter season anyway and then cut/maintain after.

I would like to keep it as clean as possible with a couple or 1 cheat day during the week. Any suggestions? Help?

Thanks
    Rich

Originally Posted by liveEPIC View Post
    Hey Derek,

I'm in week 5 of your 12-week bulk program and i'm feeling great. Can definitely see improvements in my physique and I can really see the gains in strength. I haven't really recorded my starting stats as I recently started to work out again so wasn't too sure where I was when I started.

Anyway, I had a question to ask. The lying tricep extensions are killing my elbows (I have bad elbows.) So i've been replacing them with chair dips is this alright or do you recommend a different exercise? Additionally, I have been adding extra bicep and tricep workouts at the end of my Mondays and Thursdays is this unnecessary? Last question, does it matter what days I workout during the week as long as I get 4 days in with proper rest inbetween?
    thank you
    Lying Tricep Extensions give a lot of people trouble. Chair dips or any other tricep exercise you like would be a fine substitution. One thing you can try is doing Floor Lying Tricep Extensions, which are a lot less strenuous on the elbows:

Additional bicep and tricep work is unncessary IMO because they are also getting worked in the other upper body exercises.

As long as you can get all 4 workouts in per week with sufficient rest any days are fine.

Originally Posted by GreenMailer View Post
    Derek - Looking forward to starting your 12 week bulk program (Nov 1st). Do you suggest same weight per or escalating or descending pyramids?

Thanks!
    -gm
    You should start with the heaviest weight you can handle for the given rep range. The only exception is the 6 X 3 week where I recommend choosing a weight you can complete all 6 sets for 3 reps with the last 1-2 sets being to failure.

Originally Posted by RichL1982 View Post
    Derek,

Hey man. Well I need a good suggestion from you. I was looking into following your bulking diet. I really have not looked at everything yet, but im sure its around the same as your cutting diet but with more servings (cals). I'm a bit overweight and higher in the BF% area (somewhere around 20%). I have lost a lot of strength and muscle size from future cuts, so I decided to just bulk during this winter season anyway and then cut/maintain after.

I would like to keep it as clean as possible with a couple or 1 cheat day during the week. Any suggestions? Help?

Thanks
    Rich
    I would still do the 1-1.5g protein/lb and 0.5g fat/lb and then limit your carbs to meal #1 and PWO only. That should allow you to gain lean mass with limited fat gains.

Yurbur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what is your opinion on beef jerky as a protein source?

miketv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can I do standing military presses instead of seated?

mj4mvp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Derek,
    Can you help me with my diet because I'm not sure how to handle the first few meals since I'll be working out at 6am. This is what I'm thinking but I don't know if it's ok. I was wondering maybe eating meal 3 as meal 1 instead but that's a lot of food to take in pre workout I think. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Meal 1 -530am whey

Meal 2 -645am whey
    dextrose

Meal 3- 745am 5 eggs
    cup oats
    cup milk
    Pb

Meal 4- 11am chicken breast
    wheat bread (2)

Meal 5- 230pm Chicken breast (2)
    cup brown rice
    almonds

Meal 5 700pm Steak
    Potatoes
    Broccoli
    Milk

Meal 6 1030p wheat bread (4)
    PB
    Milk
    Casein

The estimation Totals 4070 calories 384g prot 358g carbs 128g fats

I'm about 5'10" 170lbs right now.
    Last edited by mj4mvp; 10-28-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Originally Posted by Yurbur View Post
    what is your opinion on beef jerky as a protein source?
    I wouldn't use it as a main protein source, but once in a while is fine.

Originally Posted by miketv View Post
    Can I do standing military presses instead of seated?
    Yes.

Originally Posted by mj4mvp View Post
    Hi Derek,
    Can you help me with my diet because I'm not sure how to handle the first few meals since I'll be working out at 6am. This is what I'm thinking but I don't know if it's ok. I was wondering maybe eating meal 3 as meal 1 instead but that's a lot of food to take in pre workout I think. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Meal 1 -530am whey

Meal 2 -645am whey
    dextrose

Meal 3- 745am 5 eggs
    cup oats
    cup milk
    Pb

Meal 4- 11am chicken breast
    wheat bread (2)

Meal 5- 230pm Chicken breast (2)
    cup brown rice
    almonds

Meal 5 700pm Steak
    Potatoes
    Broccoli
    Milk

Meal 6 1030p wheat bread (4)
    PB
    Milk
    Casein

The estimation Totals 4070 calories 384g prot 358g carbs 128g fats

I'm about 5'10" 170lbs right now.
    There are a few things I would tweak. At 170 lbs, there is no need to go over 250g of protein. Your fat intake is ok, but I wouldn't go any higher than the 128g. Carbs are fine at 350g. So you are looking at about 42g protein, 20g fat, and 60g carbs per meal.

6 oz. lean meat or 2 scoops whey protein or 4 Whole Eggs (also contains 20g fat) + 1/2 Cup Egg Whites = 42g protein
    1 cup oatmeal, 8 oz. potato, or 3-4 slices whole wheat bread = 60g carbs
    40g nuts/nut butters = 20g fat

So create 5 meals from the foods above + your PWO shake and you are good to go.

david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Derek,

I have been running a journal in the over 35 section for my 12 week bulk. Right now I am on week 6. Which is my de-load week. Thank goodness its part of the program. The last two weeks were brutal.

Six weeks in I have gained 10 pounds. Very little in way of body fat. I haven't taped every body part, yet. But I did my legs, because my pants aren't fitting well. I put on 1.5 inches on my quads/hams.

Thank you for putting together a great program.

David
    The condition for a miracle is difficulty. The condition for a great miracle is impossibility. From the movie "Faith Like Potatoes"

puredoubt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) puredoubt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

12 Week Bulking Trainer Programmer Modified for Chest Specialization

I did the 12 week bulking trainer and got fantastic results. I improved my load on most movements anywhere from 5-25%! I'd like to move onto a three-week chest specialization program, but since this program has worked so well, I wanna keep its basic structure. So, here is my modified program. Any thoughts welcome. Here are the tenets I had in mind when creating this:

1. Continue to work each body part twice per week (four day split)
    2. Rather than just two exercises per week for chest, do six (bench, inc. bench, and xovers/flys, twice per week).
    3. Other than chest, keep the same exercises, same frequency per week (note that calves are an exception since in this program they got doubled up. I simply dropped half the calf workouts).

OK, without further dudes, here it is:

DAY 1
    BB Bench
    BB Inc. Press
    Xovers
    CG Bench
    Calf Raise
    Shoulder Press
    Upright Row (originally BB Shrug)

DAY 2
    Squat
    SL Dead Lift
    Leg Press
    Row
    BB Curl
    Hyperextension

DAY 3
    DB Bench
    DB Inc. Press
    Flys
    Skull Crusher
    Seated Calf
    Lateral Raise
    DB Shrug

DAY 4
    Dead Lift
    Hack Squat
    Leg Curl
    Pullups
    DB Curl
    Side Bends

*note there is no core work because I lack abdominal muscles

Well, thoughts? Thanks in advance.

gamelover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Elbow Tendonitis Recovery

I finished the program once and I after a couple of false starts I am just finishing week 2 of my second go around. I'm a programmer so I sit and type a lot, making it easy to have bad posture and get RSI.

Somewhere near the end of the last cycle I must have tweaked the tendons near my right elbow. I'm not sure if it was doing something around the house, lifting, work related or what. If I lock my arm palm down straight in front of me then bend my hand up and push my fingers away from my body the pain intensifies. If I pull the fingers toward my body the pain lessens slightly.

Exercises that are most affected by this pain are pullups, bicep curls (near the top), to a small degree deads and shrugs. Also basically any daily activity where I have to hold something palm down and lift it with my right arm (eg grab the giant bottle of whey by the lid and lift, or grab a 25lb plate by by the edge and lift).

My questions:

1) How should I proceed in my current 12 week program. Obviously rest might help but I hate to stop and lose my progress so far, not to mention get out of the habit of exercising daily. I have had other injuries in the past and I am never sure about how to fit injury / recovery / rehab into a program. Is it best to quit everything, quit just the affected exercises, choose different exercises, go light or what?

2) I want to trim off my belly fat (I'm at about 20% BF now). What is the best macro nutrient ratio & exercises to cut my overall body BF%?

Originally Posted by david_0729 View Post
    Derek,

I have been running a journal in the over 35 section for my 12 week bulk. Right now I am on week 6. Which is my de-load week. Thank goodness its part of the program. The last two weeks were brutal.

Six weeks in I have gained 10 pounds. Very little in way of body fat. I haven't taped every body part, yet. But I did my legs, because my pants aren't fitting well. I put on 1.5 inches on my quads/hams.

Thank you for putting together a great program.

David
    10 lbs and 1.5" on your quads are STUPID GOOD results in 6 weeks! Congrats David.

Originally Posted by puredoubt View Post
    I did the 12 week bulking trainer and got fantastic results. I improved my load on most movements anywhere from 5-25%! I'd like to move onto a three-week chest specialization program, but since this program has worked so well, I wanna keep its basic structure. So, here is my modified program. Any thoughts welcome. Here are the tenets I had in mind when creating this:

1. Continue to work each body part twice per week (four day split)
    2. Rather than just two exercises per week for chest, do six (bench, inc. bench, and xovers/flys, twice per week).
    3. Other than chest, keep the same exercises, same frequency per week (note that calves are an exception since in this program they got doubled up. I simply dropped half the calf workouts).

OK, without further dudes, here it is:

DAY 1
    BB Bench
    BB Inc. Press
    Xovers
    CG Bench
    Calf Raise
    Shoulder Press
    Upright Row (originally BB Shrug)

DAY 2
    Squat
    SL Dead Lift
    Leg Press
    Row
    BB Curl
    Hyperextension

DAY 3
    DB Bench
    DB Inc. Press
    Flys
    Skull Crusher
    Seated Calf
    Lateral Raise
    DB Shrug

DAY 4
    Dead Lift
    Hack Squat
    Leg Curl
    Pullups
    DB Curl
    Side Bends

*note there is no core work because I lack abdominal muscles

Well, thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Looks like a decent setup. I would be interested in hearing your results.

Originally Posted by gamelover View Post
    I finished the program once and I after a couple of false starts I am just finishing week 2 of my second go around. I'm a programmer so I sit and type a lot, making it easy to have bad posture and get RSI.

Somewhere near the end of the last cycle I must have tweaked the tendons near my right elbow. I'm not sure if it was doing something around the house, lifting, work related or what. If I lock my arm palm down straight in front of me then bend my hand up and push my fingers away from my body the pain intensifies. If I pull the fingers toward my body the pain lessens slightly.

Exercises that are most affected by this pain are pullups, bicep curls (near the top), to a small degree deads and shrugs. Also basically any daily activity where I have to hold something palm down and lift it with my right arm (eg grab the giant bottle of whey by the lid and lift, or grab a 25lb plate by by the edge and lift).

My questions:

1) How should I proceed in my current 12 week program. Obviously rest might help but I hate to stop and lose my progress so far, not to mention get out of the habit of exercising daily. I have had other injuries in the past and I am never sure about how to fit injury / recovery / rehab into a program. Is it best to quit everything, quit just the affected exercises, choose different exercises, go light or what?

2) I want to trim off my belly fat (I'm at about 20% BF now). What is the best macro nutrient ratio & exercises to cut my overall body BF%?
    1. Stretching and massage therapy would help. The #1 thing, unfortunately, would be to stop the exercises that aggrevate it.

2. 1-1.5g protein/lb, 0.5g fat/lb, and the rest of your calories from carbs, so you can simply start cutting back on your carbs.

RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Derek,

I will be starting this program on Monday. I had a question about cheat meal(s) or day. When im cutting I usually take all of Sunday off from dieting and training. Since I have never bulked before what should I do? Also, I gain weight really fast and around 20% BF..

Thanks
    Rich

foxphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am looking to start this program soon. It is set up as a M-F routine. Would there be any real issue with doing it in this format?:
    Monday: Upper body A
    Tuesday: Lower Body A
    Wednesday: Cardio
    Thursday: OFF DAY REST
    Friday: Upper Body B
    Saturday: Lower Body B
    Sunday: Rest or Cardio

I have lots of obligations with my time being a full time employee and student.

Red face

Derek,

Yet another questions lol.

@ 170lbs I was set up for this:

2550 cals
    Pro: 170
    Carbs: 246
    Fats: 85

So can I break this down to 6 meals a day at 425cals
    28g protein
    45g carbs
    15g fat

I have been using your diets for a about 6 months and I know you dont count calories. Should I keep it this way or count them? I printed out a Team Scivation diet and just use that ....no counting calories..Add veggies, fruits as desired..Usually 2 fruits a day. Typical meals.

4oz meat (28g)
    3/4c oats (45g)
    6tsp pb (15g)

1.4s whey (28g)
    3s bread (45g)
    24 almonds (15g)

Just follow the cutting diet but upped the calories and added in carbs. Right?

Derek,

I will be starting this program on Monday. I had a question about cheat meal(s) or day. When im cutting I usually take all of Sunday off from dieting and training. Since I have never bulked before what should I do? Also, I gain weight really fast and around 20% BF..

Thanks
    Rich
    Taking a FULL DAY off of yoru diet will lead to some fat gain. What I recommend doing is allowing yourself a cheat MEAL on Sunday, but try to have the rest of your meals on Sunday be structured.

Originally Posted by foxphotog View Post
    I am looking to start this program soon. It is set up as a M-F routine. Would there be any real issue with doing it in this format?:
    Monday: Upper body A
    Tuesday: Lower Body A
    Wednesday: Cardio
    Thursday: OFF DAY REST
    Friday: Upper Body B
    Saturday: Lower Body B
    Sunday: Rest or Cardio

I have lots of obligations with my time being a full time employee and student.
    That setup is 100% fine.

Derek,

Yet another questions lol.

@ 170lbs I was set up for this:

2550 cals
    Pro: 170
    Carbs: 246
    Fats: 85

So can I break this down to 6 meals a day at 425cals
    28g protein
    45g carbs
    15g fat

I have been using your diets for a about 6 months and I know you dont count calories. Should I keep it this way or count them? I printed out a Team Scivation diet and just use that ....no counting calories..Add veggies, fruits as desired..Usually 2 fruits a day. Typical meals.

4oz meat (28g)
    3/4c oats (45g)
    6tsp pb (15g)

1.4s whey (28g)
    3s bread (45g)
    24 almonds (15g)

Just follow the cutting diet but upped the calories and added in carbs. Right?
    Your setup is good and I would continue that way. So much easier and efficient.

Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100)

Customized Setup of 12 months program

Hey Derek,Great program man!loved it when i read it the first time and i am definitely gonna try it starting out from next week.But i was wondering if a little bit of adjustments here and there would make it more customised and possibly better for me.Would like your opinion in this matter.here it goes:

M:Upper Body
    Flat DB Press OR Bench Press
    Bent over row
    SM Military press
    DB Lateral raise
    BB Shrug
    Decline CG Bench Press
    BB Curl

T:Lower Body(Light 15-20 reps all 12 weeks)
    BB Squat
    Stiff Leg deadlift
    BB walking lunges
    SM standing Calf raises
    Donkey calf raises
    hyper extension
    incline crunches

W:Cardio

T:Upper Body
    Incline Bench press
    pull ups
    SM B Military press
    BB Upright Row
    BHB BB shrug
    Decline skull crushers
    DB curl

F:Lower Body(Light 15-20 reps all 12 weeks)
    Deadlift(heavy)
    hack squats
    lying leg curl
    SM calf raises
    Donkey calf raises
    lying leg raise
    side bends

S:Cardio
    S:OFF
    this program focuses on:
    1.my Shoulders(which are really my lagging muscle group)
    2.Higher reps for lower body because i already have a very bulky lower body and just my upper body needs to catch with it.

Just a couple of Questions:
    1.would placing too much emphasize on my shoulders lead to over training?
    2.which is the best exercise to emphasize my low chest line and middle chest?

Awaiting your reply eagerly man.Appreciate your time.

Zoldiark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Almost done!

Hey, just want to say that this is a great excersice program and that is definatelly taking me to the next level. Im already on week 10 and I was wondering what to do next because well I definattelly want more mass before cutting, but not sure if I will get too fat after all of this. So I would like to know 2 things, will you recomend me to start again the 12 weeks bulking or try cutting first and then go back to bulking? and What's the difference between the bulking program and the triphase training?.
    Strength is the first virtue, is not a pleasant fact but its distastefulness does not alter the truth that without strength, all other virtues are ephemeral.

AND I WILL GET STRONGER!!!!!

david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10) david_0729 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

need advice

Derek,

I tweaked my left acl while squatting. As for now. I am dropping squats, leg press and hack squats. I want to stay on the program. So far, great results.

I can pull off doing leg extensions. Can you think of another exercise that will be good for my quads, but not be stressful to my ACL. I will continue to dead lift, and straight leg dead. But I have put on good size on my quads and don't want to sacrifice too much.

David
    The condition for a miracle is difficulty. The condition for a great miracle is impossibility. From the movie "Faith Like Potatoes"

Originally Posted by Freakpunk View Post
    Hey Derek,Great program man!loved it when i read it the first time and i am definitely gonna try it starting out from next week.But i was wondering if a little bit of adjustments here and there would make it more customised and possibly better for me.Would like your opinion in this matter.here it goes:

M:Upper Body
    Flat DB Press OR Bench Press
    Bent over row
    SM Military press
    DB Lateral raise
    BB Shrug
    Decline CG Bench Press
    BB Curl

T:Lower Body(Light 15-20 reps all 12 weeks)
    BB Squat
    Stiff Leg deadlift
    BB walking lunges
    SM standing Calf raises
    Donkey calf raises
    hyper extension
    incline crunches

W:Cardio

T:Upper Body
    Incline Bench press
    pull ups
    SM B Military press
    BB Upright Row
    BHB BB shrug
    Decline skull crushers
    DB curl

F:Lower Body(Light 15-20 reps all 12 weeks)
    Deadlift(heavy)
    hack squats
    lying leg curl
    SM calf raises
    Donkey calf raises
    lying leg raise
    side bends

S:Cardio
    S:OFF
    this program focuses on:
    1.my Shoulders(which are really my lagging muscle group)
    2.Higher reps for lower body because i already have a very bulky lower body and just my upper body needs to catch with it.

Just a couple of Questions:
    1.would placing too much emphasize on my shoulders lead to over training?
    2.which is the best exercise to emphasize my low chest line and middle chest?

Awaiting your reply eagerly man.Appreciate your time.
    1. This setup looks good and shouldn't lead to overtraining. Are you following the setsXreps for each week I laid out?
    2. Decline bench is the best for the sternal head of the pecs.

Originally Posted by Zoldiark View Post
    Hey, just want to say that this is a great excersice program and that is definatelly taking me to the next level. Im already on week 10 and I was wondering what to do next because well I definattelly want more mass before cutting, but not sure if I will get too fat after all of this. So I would like to know 2 things, will you recomend me to start again the 12 weeks bulking or try cutting first and then go back to bulking? and What's the difference between the bulking program and the triphase training?.
    I recommend my Tri-Phase program as the 12-week bulk program, though you can certainly repeat the 12-week bulk program if you want to.

Tri-Phase is broken up into three different phases:
    Phase 1 = high volume
    Phase 2 = high intensity (% of 1-RM)
    Phase 3 = high frequency
    It is a little more advanced than the 12-week bulk program.

Originally Posted by david_0729 View Post
    Derek,

I tweaked my left acl while squatting. As for now. I am dropping squats, leg press and hack squats. I want to stay on the program. So far, great results.

I can pull off doing leg extensions. Can you think of another exercise that will be good for my quads, but not be stressful to my ACL. I will continue to dead lift, and straight leg dead. But I have put on good size on my quads and don't want to sacrifice too much.

David
    With a hurt ACL the majority of quad exercises are going to be out. I personally would just give your legs some rest time and allow for maximum healing. Maybe just do some LIGHT leg extensions to get blood into the area to promote recovery.

krazy44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krazy44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krazy44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krazy44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krazy44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey I just wanted to know, bulking for endomorphs do we really need to check our macros all the time or just go by calories in and out, I already calorie count just wondering if I should really be checking my macros. Also is there any food you can bring at school that is not a sandwich with whole grain + turkey or chicken because it is getting boring, it can't be anything that makes me look douchy:P

Btw everything I eat is healthy and I do get enough protein a day that I'm sure

Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100) Freakpunk is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    1. This setup looks good and shouldn't lead to overtraining. Are you following the setsXreps for each week I laid out?
    2. Decline bench is the best for the sternal head of the pecs.
    Thanks for the reply derek,and yes i am totally following the sets and reps scheme you have prescribed only exception being the legs which as i see are already a lot bulky,so i just prefer hitting them with light weights and high reps.is it fine doing it that way?

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast