manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help!! on my chest routine needs changing.

Hey guys, i have posted a thread a while back for a chest exercises, worked great but as we all know muscle memory hits in.

so my question to all is i need help on changing my routine again, this is what i have been doing for a good 6 weeks but i rotate it every time so its not the same exercise first up.

flat bb bench - 4 sets 6- 8 reps
    incline bb bench - 4 sets 6-8
    over head press 3 sets 6- 8
    decline bb bench 4 sets 6 - 8
    dips 3 sets 8 reps

some times i mix it with flys in between incline n over head to through some width in.

any suggestions, my pec major n minor are 2 used 2 this even with rotating the routine.

thx much help

ill rep for good routines thx

krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000)
    If it's just your chest that's struggling you should isolate it a bit more because pressing puts a lot of emphasis on the triceps, especially when your doing dips too. And the incline and overhead press work the anterior deltoid a lot. Try replacing some of the presses with db presses which stimulate the chest more, and throw in some isolation exercises like cable fly's and pec dec. Also the muscle-mind connection (forgot the name) where you think about the chest and squeezing it while you do your exercises.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why do you do incline, flat and decline bb presses? They're really not that different from each other. I'd get rid of one of them and replace the second one with dumbell presses, thereby leaving you with one bb press.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would switch from BB to DBs and do:

2 warm-up sets for all (12-15 reps)

Flat DB press 2x8-6
    Incline DB Press 2x8-6(switching incline for decline every workout)
    Flat DB Flies 2x 12-8
    Low Pulley Cable Crossovers 2x 12-8
    High Pulley Cable Crossovers 2x 12-8

This is by far my favorite chest workout, i usually do the last set of High pulley crossovers as a dropset and then hit triceps after this
    Firefighter/EMT/Personal Trainer

Instagram: Msaki_ftns
    PSN: Thexleadxfarmer

Rep back 4k+

manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manic_mauri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    Why do you do incline, flat and decline bb presses? They're really not that different from each other. I'd get rid of one of them and replace the second one with dumbell presses, thereby leaving you with one bb press.
    i like to emphasis on both upper and lower chest thats why i incorporate both. but thx for the suggestion

Originally Posted by krease View Post
    If it's just your chest that's struggling you should isolate it a bit more because pressing puts a lot of emphasis on the triceps, especially when your doing dips too. And the incline and overhead press work the anterior deltoid a lot. Try replacing some of the presses with db presses which stimulate the chest more, and throw in some isolation exercises like cable fly's and pec dec. Also the muscle-mind connection (forgot the name) where you think about the chest and squeezing it while you do your exercises.
    yer i have been forgetting about the muscle memory connection, cns .

chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) chefwaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by manic_mauri View Post
    Hey guys, i have posted a thread a while back for a chest exercises, worked great but as we all know muscle memory hits in.

so my question to all is i need help on changing my routine again, this is what i have been doing for a good 6 weeks but i rotate it every time so its not the same exercise first up.

dips 3 sets 8 reps

some times i mix it with flys in between incline n over head to through some width in.

any suggestions, my pec major n minor are 2 used 2 this even with rotating the routine.

thx much help

Just changing the set/rep scheme is more than enough to avoid plateauing and muscle memory. You dont have to completely change your workout routine with different exercises. Your rep range is 6-8 right now right? Now instead do 5 sets with 3-5 reps with 90% 1RM to build up strength, instead of BW dips try doing weighted dips etc. etc.

schuss4109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schuss4109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by manic_mauri View Post

dips 3 sets 8 reps

thx much help

you could try throwing in some Floor Press and Lockouts to your routine it will really shoot up your bench numbers because it isolates the chest and prevents you from gaining momentum on the way down and forces you to stay at a 90 degree plane. you could also try super-setting some stuff like doing your flys with push-ups 1 set of flys followed by one set of push-ups hope this can help

yup im going to try out the weighted dips now,

im trying mostly to get thickness out of my chest, and trying very hard to isolate the pec area.

as it seems not to thicken for a while in the last 5 ish months

Originally Posted by chefwaffles View Post
    Just changing the set/rep scheme is more than enough to avoid plateauing and muscle memory. You dont have to completely change your workout routine with different exercises. Your rep range is 6-8 right now right? Now instead do 5 sets with 3-5 reps with 90% 1RM to build up strength, instead of BW dips try doing weighted dips etc. etc.
    yes that is correct, ill vary the variables for a while and see.