Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Velocity Diet Fat Burning Shredder Program Born May 22, 2010

I am starting the Velocity Diet Saturday May 22, 2010.

The V-Diet is a popular 28 day cutting program consisting of protein shakes and various fat sources like milled flaxseeds, all natural peanut butter and fish oil. I have decided to document my progress here.

I have done the Velocity Diet before. The program worked well while I was on it. I have run progress threads on the V-Diet before on bb.com

I am doing the V-Diet to lose fat and reset my food cravings and reset taste buds. In 2010 I have been on a eating roller coaster. I've had days of eating good foods then POW- binge on bad foods. This V-Diet is breaking that cycle for me. After the V-Diet is over I am going to go back on the Warrior Diet/Intermittent Fasting . So the V-Diet is for some quick fat loss and muscle retention.

I also like the discipline of the V-Diet. I have been playing games in my head about what to eat or what not to eat and how much etc.. I remember changing my mind back and forth too many times between having a low carb day/high carb day. I need something that is just simple and I can just do.

34 years old
    6'2
    219 pounds

I am modeling my V-Diet after Gus Pacho. Do a search "Velocity Diet Gus" and I find that I have similar stats to him. We are about the same starting weight, training experience, diet experience etc. So I took the eating model from Gus' V-Diet and made it fit me.

Here are the details on the food/supplements for this diet. Some of the following is paraphrased from V-Diet creator Chris Shugart

MRM Whey Protein 1 scoop a shake
    Optimum Casein Protein 50%/50% mix with unflavored pure casein 1 scoop a shake

So I am taking in a protein source of 50% whey and 50% casein

Five shakes a day (1 scoops each above protein) = 220 caloriess each shake, 40 grams protein

Comes out to approximately

Calories: 1100
    Protein: 200g

The other calorie containing supplements and foods:

Fish Oil (10 calories a capsule. 8 caps a day):

Calories: 80
    Protein: About 2g
    Fat: 9g

Milled Flax: 2 servings per day:

Calories: 120
    Protein: 6g
    Fat: 9g

Natural Peanut Butter: 1 serving per day:

Calories: 200
    Protein: 7g
    Carbs: 6g
    Fat: 17g
    Fiber: 3g

Add all that up and see what we have for non-lifting day:

Calories: 1500
    Protein: 215g
    Carbs: 58g
    Fiber: 25g
    Fat: 50g

On Training days a dextrose+whey workout shake will be consumed during and after workouts adding about

Calories: 350
    Protein: 25g
    Carbs: 46g
    Fat: 2.5g

Other supplements on the V-Diet include

Oxy Pro Elite ( I have about a week's worth left then I will switch to EC stack)
    Fiber Pills about 4 pills a day
    USP Labs jacked preworkout 2 scoops
    **I might order some Leucine (never tried it) to add to the program. I have tried Superfood green style supplements before but I never felt a difference from them.)

The training goals:

3 weight training sessions a week hitting full body. This is routine for me actually I have been doing full body workouts for a few years now.

7 hours of walking a week. This is the average of 1 hour per day. Some days I might do more and some less .

Goal of this program is to stick to the nutrition and training outline. I want to fit into size 34 pants. I was wearing size 34 in 2009 at my leanest point. Now I am size 36. I have a bunch of pants that are too small staring me right in the face and I desire to fit into them again.

Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    DAY 1

5/22/10

100% on the nutrition

Trained and had a workout shake of

Calories: 350
    Protein: 25g
    Carbs: 46g
    Fat: 2.5g

Did a 50 minute workout that went well. Covered in sweat doing

A1 suitcase db deadlifts
    A2 fatman pullups back row
    A3 planks on the bosu ball

I don't count sets, reps or details for my workouts anymore. I have been training for a long time and done 1000+ workouts. I am concentrating on hitting legs, back and chest and abs, arms, traps and calves are covered generally.

Walking

1. 72 minute a.m. walk on empty
    2. 50 minute p.m. xvest walk

Strong Day 1- very strong. I am going to pace things out during the program and the results should be favorable.

Here are some pics

DAY 1

Food and supplements. Got in my MRM Whey from the bb.com store (I love the taste!) and some other stuff including casein, pb, fat burner, fiber

I'm a lead farmer MF'r WhoDatNinja's Avatar
    WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck man. I'll drop in from time to time to see how it's going.

Couple of Q's:
    How are the energy levels during your workouts?
    What is your goal weight?

Originally Posted by WhoDatNinja View Post
    Good luck man. I'll drop in from time to time to see how it's going.

Couple of Q's:
    How are the energy levels during your workouts?
    What is your goal weight?
    Thanks for posting WhoDatNinja. Repped.

Just 1 weight training workout so far in this program. From past V-Diet workouts the energy levels were fine with a NO+ caffeine preworkout supplement.

My goal weight after the 28 days is around 195-200. I was 219 on Day 1.

I am most interested in the triad of

1. Looking leaner in pictures
    2. Lowering the waist measurement
    2. Weighing less

DAY 2 5/23/10

Sipping my last shake of the day.

Went for 2 walks today

1. A.M. walk 60 minutes
    2. P.M. walk 59 minutes in 40 lb x-vest

100% on the nutrition. the usual shakes spread out throughout the day

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    good luck, 20 lbs in 28 days is very very doable! my own housemate is doing v-diet (yes 100% all the biotest supps) and hes dropping weight like crazy. he was already relatively lean to begin with, but he is really shredding the weight...

barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    seems interesting, i'll be checking your progress once in a while.
    6 week PSMF cut log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124060021

Sandreena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sandreena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sandreena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sandreena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sandreena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sandreena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried the V Diet once. I used Designer Whey, and it had me feeling so uncomfortable and hungry, I didn't get past day 3. Good luck!

Cool to see all the support on this thread!

DAY 3

100% on the nutrition with the usual 1500 calories

57 minute xvest evening walk

Got in a long nap today. I think my body wanted the extra rest.

WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10) WhoDatNinja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bo DeLone View Post
    Thanks for posting WhoDatNinja. Repped.

Just 1 weight training workout so far in this program. From past V-Diet workouts the energy levels were fine with a NO+ caffeine preworkout supplement.

My goal weight after the 28 days is around 195-200. I was 219 on Day 1.

I am most interested in the triad of

1. Looking leaner in pictures
    2. Lowering the waist measurement
    2. Weighing less
    Ahhh very nice man. I take White Flood preworkout for some extra energy. I'm only consuming roughly 1800-1900 cals per day so I need what little energy I can get my hands on.

And you say your doing Full Body workouts. Are you sticking with the compound lifts such as bench, squat, deadlift etc.. or do you mix it up a lot?

Ahhh very nice man. I take White Flood preworkout for some extra energy. I'm only consuming roughly 1800-1900 cals per day so I need what little energy I can get my hands on.

And you say your doing Full Body workouts. Are you sticking with the compound lifts such as bench, squat, deadlift etc.. or do you mix it up a lot?
    I like White Flood as well. There are several preworkout supplements that work for intensity/energy.

Just did a full body workout today. I switch up the exercises a lot. I do a circut type of workout with a lot of sets not to failure.

Today I did ez bar deadlift lockouts, fatman pullups, back extension, incline db press. The idea is to hit the biggest muscle groups 3 days a week to burn some fat and maintain muscle on the V-Diet program. i improv my workouts and just train for 45-60 minutes. I am usually sweating less than 10 minutes into my workouts.

DAY 4

Shakes are right on

Just did a full body workout I worte about in the above post.

Plan is going smoothly so far. no cravings and the shakes spread throughout the day seem to be working for me. I feel lighter already.

I like White Flood as well. There are several preworkout supplements that work for intensity/energy.

Just did a full body workout today. I switch up the exercises a lot. I do a circut type of workout with a lot of sets not to failure.

Today I did ez bar deadlift lockouts, fatman pullups, back extension, incline db press. The idea is to hit the biggest muscle groups 3 days a week to burn some fat and maintain muscle on the V-Diet program. i improv my workouts and just train for 45-60 minutes. I am usually sweating less than 10 minutes into my workouts.

That's how I am. Usually not sure what I'm going to do till I step inside the weightroom.

Bro, you got things down to an exact science. That will help you get the max results through your diet and weight training. A lot of people ask why aren't they growing and why aren't they losing fat. And 99% of the time their nutrition is to blame. Good to see you belong to that 1% group. Repped.

That's how I am. Usually not sure what I'm going to do till I step inside the weightroom.

99% of the time their nutrition is to blame. Good to see you belong to that 1% group. Repped.
    Totally agreed. The nutrition is the real key to looking good. I am learning that more and more the more workouts I do.

DAY 5

49 minute a.m. walk

Same shakes as usual

Got some Leucine in today. I just added 5g to two shakes which is 10g a day. I have enough now to last the rest of the program.

315 Bench Soon! GettingfitAgain's Avatar
    GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000)
    DAY 5

49 minute a.m. walk

Same shakes as usual

Got some Leucine in today. I just added 5g to two shakes which is 10g a day. I have enough now to last the rest of the program.
    Interesting journal, subbed to see progress.

How much weight do you gain when you are done? I would imagine 10 lbs or so must be water weight.

DAY 6

Program is going very well.

A lot of exercise today

1. a.m. 45 minute walk

2. p.m. Full body training including leg press, calf raise, lat pulldown, chest press, tri pushdowns

3. p.m. 55 minute walk

Usual V-Diet of 1500 cals + 350 cal workout shake

DAY 7

Weighed in..down to 210 pounds

Loss of 9 pounds so far!

I am definately excited about the way things are going. I am following the nutrition to the letter and I feel good energy too.

Lost 1 inch on my waist since Day 1 according to the measurement this morning.

I am going to wait a few days to have the HSM because I like having them on Sundays (today is Friday).

I forgot to type in yesterday's workout time. It was 50 minutes.

Total NEPA walking time this week 7 hours and 45 minutes so I met the 7 hour goal.

Program is rolling along.

DAY 8

Wow into the second week already.

Two walks since my last post yesterday.

1. 80 minute walk last night
    2. 61 minute 40lb xvest walk this morning

Been on the 1500 cal a day + 350 cal workout shake deal everyday so far+ taking 10g of leucine a day since Day 5

Gonna take another pic soon.

I am focused on

1. nutrition
    2. exercise
    3. supplements

The pics, weight and waist measurements will all take care of themselves with 1+2+3

DAY 8 Continued.....

Eating my last shake in a thick pudding. I save the peanut butter for the last few shakes.

Weight trained today. First lifting session here in Week 2.

Workout energy was slow to get started and then things clicked and had a good full body session. Did a lot of the same exercises as last workout including leg press, legpress calf raises, lat pulldown, cable shrug, back row, planks.

Did a 72 minute evening NEPA walk.

DAY 9

Did a lot of NEPA walking today total of 167 minutes

1. Did 54 minutes of 40lb xvest walk this morning
    2. Took off the vest and did 46 minutes
    3. Did 81 minutes p.m. walking

So a lot of the Week 2 NEPA walking has been done in the first few days.

This is the first day I felt some of the slow motion effects of the low cals+high exercise output. I know that I will be able to rest more later in the week though.

Chewing up another shake right now

A lot of views on this thread and thanks for keeping up following everybody out there

DAY 10

Went over to my friends house and trained and had a holiday BBQ where I had HSM.

1. Full body workout as usual that featured some band deadlifts. Really intense stuff.

Got in more calories than usual although things were very much in control and I feel the day went well fir a holiday and for after 9 days on the V-Diet.

The overall totals for the Day 10:

10 oz ground beef 700 cal
    2 slices of cheese 160 cal
    2 hot dogs 275 cal
    Workout drink 350 cal
    2 sweet potatoes (small) 300 cal
    14 scoops protein 1400 cal
    6 tbs ANPB 600 cal
    3 oz cheese 200 cal
    3 oz almonds 300 cal

Total calories for the day 4285.

Kept it low carb as you can see the carb cals came from the sweet potatoes, workout drink.

DAY 11

Right back on the V-Diet as usual after that refeed yesterday.

1500 cal in shakes. Recovery day from weight training yesterday.

1. 35 minutes of walking in the a.m.

I am going to hit some more walking tonight.

DAY 12

Crusing right along with the shakes as usual.

Did 97 more minutes of walking since the last post yesterday.

Ran out of Oxy Pro as a fat burner. I am now using the EC stack.

barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    umm, just wondering...was day 10 supposed to be a refeed day or a cheat day?
    6 week PSMF cut log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124060021

DAY 13

Got in a 86 minute walk today.

Tomorrow is the halfway point in the program.

DAY 14

Halfway point in the program. Shakes as usual 1500 cal+ 350 calorie workout drink

My waist went down 1/2 an inch in week 2. That makes it 1.5 inches lost on the biggest part of the waist in 14 days. I am happy with that! From my past Velocity Diets I had seen the trend of 1 inch off the first week then 1/2 the second week then the measurement jumps up again later in the program.

Got in a 35 minute a.m. walk this morning.

Did the 3rd weight training session like usual- 50 minutes full body. I train at 3 different gyms and change around stuff a lot so I do not record reps sets etc

9.97 hours of NEPA walks in Week 2 shatters the 7 hour goal!

Weighed in today at 208. Interesting that I am down only 3 lbs but my waist is 1/2 inch smaller and I can feel leaner. I think that leucine must be working to hold/gain muscle.

DAY 15

Shakes as usual today.

126 minutes of NEPA walking since that last post.

Feeling some energy slumps today. Just a manageable side effect of the low calories.

I took a pic today and compared to 15 days ago I can see some nice progress.

DAY 1

DAY 15

DAY 16

Did a home workout in my 40lb xvest.

80% 1 arm dumbell deadlift top 1/3 partials and also vest planks- 35 minutes really intense.

DAY 17

45 minute xvest walk

More and more shakes as usual. I have some new protein powder coming soon so it will be cool to have a new flavor.

Program is going well. It will be interesting to see if the size 34 pants fit by the end of the program. It will be close.

Here is a pic of two of my supplements- leucine and my workout carb powder

DAY 18

100% on the nutrition

Feeling leaner today. Shirts are getting baggy.

1. 44 minute full body weight training session. Did new variations on some stuff I have been doing lately like duck leg press, leg press calf raise, close grip pulldown, bosu planks, new attachment tri pushdowns and other stuff

2. 56 minute walk after training