Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Power Rack Bodymax CF475 or CF375?

Hi Guys,

I'm torn between the Bodymax CF475:http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...low-pulley.php

or CF375 http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...low-pulley.php

The 475 is obviously more heavy duty, but it doesn't have holes on the front of the front uprights, meaning you can't move the j hooks to the front to do over head barbell shoulder press for example.

It also has only a straight chin up bar, and not the more versatile handles of the 375.

And of course it's £80 more expensive.

Anyone has experience of either?

jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eddiejt View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm torn between the Bodymax CF475

or CF375

The 475 is obviously more heavy duty, but it doesn't have holes on the front of the front uprights, meaning you can't move the j hooks to the front to do over head barbell shoulder press for example.

It also has only a straight chin up bar, and not the more versatile handles of the 375.

And of course it's £80 more expensive.

Anyone has experience of either?
    I have recently purchased the 475 and can tell you that the holes do go through all the way (new design) and the chin up/pull up bars are the same as the powertec, I think they have copied the design. By the way it is a very sturdy rack and easy to put together, I done it on my own in about 1 an 1/2 hours. I have some pics but can't post on here due to not having 30 posts.

Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddiejt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jim1h View Post
    I have recently purchased the 475 and can tell you that the holes do go through all the way (new design) and the chin up/pull up bars are the same as the powertec, I think they have copied the design. By the way it is a very sturdy rack and easy to put together, I done it on my own in about 1 an 1/2 hours. I have some pics but can't post on here due to not having 30 posts.
    Ah, I would love to see pics. Could you send them to me at and then I'll put them up on here?
    Last edited by Eddiejt; 11-17-2020 at 03:56 AM.

After seeing these pics of Jim's, I've now ordered myself one :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50211414@N07/

fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Holy **** I was about to ask the same thing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bodymax-CF475-...item483ab8212a

It's 240 here as well but with no lat pulley.

EDIT: just realised it's the same seller
    New Evolution shat on me

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #7 -!!!---!!!-

"Were not talking about bodybuilding you fking retard. We're talking about Gorillas"

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Both are made by Bodymax, both are terrible. Some guy on here had the 375 safety bend with a 40kg drop. It's a complete turd. The 475 isn't as bad, but is still very under built. Save up the bit extra if you don't have the money and buy something decent;

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...power-rack.php
    This is a brilliant rack with 80 quid off. Buy it in an instant over either Bodymax at that price.

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/...k/12179_p.html
    Overpriced, but very good.

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/...ey/8847_p.html
    Light weight, but still an improvement.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jim1h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    Both are made by Bodymax, both are terrible. Some guy on here had the 375 safety bend with a 40kg drop. It's a complete turd. The 475 isn't as bad, but is still very under built. Save up the bit extra if you don't have the money and buy something decent;
    Hmm can't agree with you there on the 475 (have you had a bad experience with the bodymax stuff) I wanted the bodycraft originally but they are always out of stock with 4 weeks wait. The 475 is not under built and has nice quality fittings and easily put together, the design has changed slightly to the one advertised, very sturdy and the safety arms are as strong as the rack material. Don't know much about the 375 but for the price it looks like it looks better than nothing.

I done my research, and found nothing much available in the UK at my price point so hats off to powerhouse for coming up with an affordable line, my local Gym superstore didn't even know what a power rack was.

on the 375 you talk about, are the safetys designed to be dropped on from a height? I know they are rated to take a certain weight but if you drop that weight from a height it will be increased x ? it was 50kg by the way dropped from shoulder height thats quite an impact.
    Last edited by jim1h; 05-27-2010 at 01:45 AM.

shut up and smith squat hypnojedi's Avatar
    hypnojedi is not very helpful. (-500) hypnojedi is not very helpful. (-500) hypnojedi is not very helpful. (-500) hypnojedi is not very helpful. (-500) hypnojedi is not very helpful. (-500) hypnojedi is not very helpful. (-500) hypnojedi is not very helpful. (-500) hypnojedi is not very helpful. (-500) hypnojedi is not very helpful. (-500) hypnojedi is not very helpful. (-500) hypnojedi is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...power-rack.php
    This is a brilliant rack with 80 quid off. Buy it in an instant over either Bodymax at that price.

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/...k/12179_p.html
    Overpriced, but very good.

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/...ey/8847_p.html
    Light weight, but still an improvement.
    ^ this

I got the CF375, feels flimsy

Mohak1989 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohak1989 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohak1989 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohak1989 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohak1989 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohak1989 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohak1989 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohak1989 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohak1989 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohak1989 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohak1989 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The 475 is a solid piece of kit.

Ive almost had it for a year now and its very strong!

just placed and order today for the lat/low pulley attachment for it, cant wait till it comes!

Anyone here use a good set of Db's for their home?

Im lookin at bowflex 1090 dbs but are to expensive right now.
    U mirin' Indian Genetics?

Update: Out for 11* months with Myofascial pain syndrome, Thoracic outlet syndrome, TMJ.
    Haven't lifted since May 2011.
    Feelssmallman

TEAM VIC

Well I received the 475 with lat/low attachment and am very pleased with it.

It is indeed slightly different to the advertised photos, but the differerences are a definite improvement; it has holes on the front of the front uprights so you can put the j-hooks on the very front, and the top bar has multi position chin up grips.

Lat/low attachment is very smooth.

It's well built IMHO and I would definitely recommend it.

I deliberatly went to failure on squats yesterday just so I could have the rack "catch" the bar ;-)

Like has been said, in the UK we have limited choice compared to our US cousins. Really annoyed me actually as it wasn't even possible to go and view the thing on display anywhere; you just know in the states there would be some huge warehouse with racks galore to choose from. So I went at risk after doing research, but I'm glad I did. Top marks to powerhousefitness.co.uk who got it to me in 4 days with free delivery.

BIGREDIOWAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGREDIOWAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGREDIOWAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGREDIOWAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGREDIOWAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGREDIOWAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGREDIOWAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGREDIOWAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGREDIOWAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGREDIOWAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGREDIOWAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mohak1989 View Post
    The 475 is a solid piece of kit.

Ive almost had it for a year now and its very strong!

just placed and order today for the lat/low pulley attachment for it, cant wait till it comes!

Anyone here use a good set of Db's for their home?

Im lookin at bowflex 1090 dbs but are to expensive right now.
    Mohak,

I wouldn't advise getting the bowflex DB's based on what I've read from this forum. They are very cheaply made and evidentally break very easily. I would recommend getting either PowerBlocks or IronMasters. Obviously they are more money, but you most likely won't have to replace them. JMO
    "DESTINY IS NOT A MATTER OF CHANCE IT'S A MATTER OF CHOICE!!!"

mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm thinking of going for the 475, any more thoughts from the owners that have had one for a while ?.
    "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike" - Delos McKown

"Suppose there was an intelligence, vast and unknowable. Suppose it lit the big bang, suppose it wrote the laws of physics, and has been subtly moulding the universe for 14 billion years. Now keep a straight face and tell me that it cares where you stick your dick."

Had mine for 2 years now, and have no complaints at all.

mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Eddiejt View Post
    Had mine for 2 years now, and have no complaints at all.
    Could you do me a favour a measure from the back of the lat attachment to the front of the rack ?.
    "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike" - Delos McKown

"Suppose there was an intelligence, vast and unknowable. Suppose it lit the big bang, suppose it wrote the laws of physics, and has been subtly moulding the universe for 14 billion years. Now keep a straight face and tell me that it cares where you stick your dick."

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    is it a UK thing to not have a lifetime warranty on a good rack? any decent rack should carry that on the frame itself. I recall someone measuring the thickness of the metal and some of it wasn't even 14 gauge, so I suppose the very short warranty would fit with the quality level if that is the case.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"