Kahsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What's wrong with my cardio capacity?

I can push myself 100% max to sprints but tire out very quickly - often it happens the following
    After every training, we are asked to do shuttle sprints varying between 1-4 lengths and for 6-7 sets.

In the first 2-3 sets, I can run pretty much 100% but once I finish the 3 sets, some kind of fatigue suddenly kicks in. I felt as if my right side of my lung and abs has shut down and simply refuses to operate and push itself to the next level (my left lung feels ok)
    Simply said I can't maintain the same sprint speed

I also tend to have heavy breathing sounds when I do these sprints...to the extent that my teammates would look at me
    it must be problems with my speed of cardio recovery.

Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    To me it sounds like nothing's wrong with you.

First of all, it's an anaerobic exercise, and explosiveness tends to leave the body fast.
    First time order at iHerb.com? I got this discount code: EKE466. Will give you 10,- off on any order over 40$, 5 on any order under..
    http://www.iherb.com?rcode=EKE466

Blog! [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165643671&p=1324304881#post1324304881[/url]

justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kahsu View Post
    I can push myself 100% max to sprints but tire out very quickly - often it happens the following
    After every training, we are asked to do shuttle sprints varying between 1-4 lengths and for 6-7 sets.

In the first 2-3 sets, I can run pretty much 100% but once I finish the 3 sets, some kind of fatigue suddenly kicks in. I felt as if my right side of my lung and abs has shut down and simply refuses to operate and push itself to the next level (my left lung feels ok)
    Simply said I can't maintain the same sprint speed

I also tend to have heavy breathing sounds when I do these sprints...to the extent that my teammates would look at me
    it must be problems with my speed of cardio recovery.
    If you really are going at 100% for the first 2 or 3 sets it is totally normal to have fatigue start to set in on the last few, particularly if the recovery period between sets is short. In fact, if you're doing 100% max effort it would be rather bizarre if it didn't.

How long have you been doing this type of training? It's possible that if you are relatively new to sprints (or if you haven't done them for a while) your cardiac function is not as highly tuned as that of your teammates. The heavy breathing could be due to a lower cardiac output (either stroke volume or total ejection fraction) requiring you to uptake additional oxygen. In other words, your parts are not operating as efficiently as they should.

I assume this training for an organized sport? Do you have a strength and conditioning coach? If so you should have him/her test your cardiac function and VO2 max and see where you're at.
    Citius! Fortius! Altius!

www.miamifuryfootball.com

Justass of the Piece, #3.14
    Miami Fury starting center, retired roller derby player and coach and continually aspiring tough chick

Kahsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What is the best way to measure my own cardio vo2 max capacity? Does a polar watch do that?

thanks for the reply.

the coach is newly appointed so there is no strength or conditioning coach as yet. I do realise that when I have better quality of sleep my cardio functinos better too