Jcore3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Questions on Cardio and Fat loss

I am 22 - 6'3 - and about 12% body fat at 210 lbs. And i have run into an issue after 2 months of devoted working out to still not being able to cut stomach fat. I recently upped my cardio in my work out to about an hour followed by an hour of focusing on a core muscle. Is this a waste of time? I work out about 5 days a week but sit behind a desk 10 hours a day. I am not l looking to get a six pack -- just a flatter stomach and obliques.

Is longer cardio the change i need to cut my stomach fat? I also added 10 minutes in the sauna pre and post work out to cut that extra water weight.

I am skeptical to use any fat burning supplements because they have usually made me nauseous and have had previous liver problems in the past due to alcohol.

I do use: Jack3d, L-arganine, Orgain, B Complex, Acai supplements

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jcore3 View Post
    I am 22 - 6'3 - and about 12% body fat at 210 lbs. And i have run into an issue after 2 months of devoted working out to still not being able to cut stomach fat. I recently upped my cardio in my work out to about an hour followed by an hour of focusing on a core muscle. Is this a waste of time? I work out about 5 days a week but sit behind a desk 10 hours a day. I am not l looking to get a six pack -- just a flatter stomach and obliques.

Is longer cardio the change i need to cut my stomach fat? I also added 10 minutes in the sauna pre and post work out to cut that extra water weight.

I am skeptical to use any fat burning supplements because they have usually made me nauseous and have had previous liver problems in the past due to alcohol.

I do use: Jack3d, L-arganine, Orgain, B Complex, Acai supplements

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Diet and cardio to cut stomach fat...there is no "best way" but from what you wrote, you should definitely be doing some interval cardio...there is a ton of stuff on intervals on the board. There have been a bunch of studies that will tell you that interval training is a much more efficient and better way to achieve fat loss...the low intensity steady state (LISS) that you do is good but not nearly as efficient and your body has clearly adapted to it...look up HIIT training and start doing it...can get a 20 minute HIIT session in after your weight work...and don't stop lifting heavy...a big mistake many make when trying to lose fat...

Jcore3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JMadden View Post
    Diet and cardio to cut stomach fat...there is no "best way" but from what you wrote, you should definitely be doing some interval cardio...there is a ton of stuff on intervals on the board. There have been a bunch of studies that will tell you that interval training is a much more efficient and better way to achieve fat loss...the low intensity steady state (LISS) that you do is good but not nearly as efficient and your body has clearly adapted to it...look up HIIT training and start doing it...can get a 20 minute HIIT session in after your weight work...and don't stop lifting heavy...a big mistake many make when trying to lose fat...
    I've definitely found myself switching to lower weight higher reps to get more "lean". thanks for the advice. Any natural supplements or vitamins i should be using?

Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jcore3 View Post
    I've definitely found myself switching to lower weight higher reps to get more "lean". thanks for the advice. Any natural supplements or vitamins i should be using?
    Yeah, do not change your weightlifting to be lower weight, more reps as a means to burn more fat. Keep the weight high, hopefully even increasing strength during the cut. Your main goal is to keep the muscle you have and burn the fat. The best way to keep the muscle you have is to keep doing what put it there in the first place, heavy weight, medium to low reps. The way to burn fat comes from a small calorie deficit, and that is best achieved by a small decrease in calories consumed and a large increase in cardiovascular exercicse.

mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Like the above post...DO NOT lower your reps on the weights..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Logs:
    Flex Freak and Cissus 800!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167154401

Completed
    Capsi Blast Log with Austinp55!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152151613