krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000) krease is just really nice. (+1000)

Hammer strength deadlift machine

Are there any big cons of doing dead lifts (and stiff legged dead lifts) in these? I use it just because it feels more comfortable as don't have to worry about bar scraping shins (I think my long legs and short upper body may lead to worse of this) and feel like I can go deeper in the machine, also prefer the palms in grip. I do squats with a barbell btw if this makes up for any cons? I started using the machine because I only felt comfortable using a very wide stance (sumo) in my dead lifts with a bar whereas I use around a hip width+2 inches in the machine. I keep my dead lift with as good form as I can putting emphasis in development of strength and size in my legs.

Thanks in advance, Krease

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by krease View Post
    Are there any big cons of doing dead lifts (and stiff legged dead lifts) in these? I use it just because it feels more comfortable as don't have to worry about bar scraping shins (I think my long legs and short upper body may lead to worse of this) and feel like I can go deeper in the machine, also prefer the palms in grip. I do squats with a barbell btw if this makes up for any cons? I started using the machine because I only felt comfortable using a very wide stance (sumo) in my dead lifts with a bar whereas I use around a hip width+2 inches in the machine. I keep my dead lift with as good form as I can putting emphasis in development of strength and size in my legs.

Thanks in advance, Krease
    For deadlifts, a trap bar would be better.

I use that HS machine for shrugs. Ultimately if it feels comfortable and you can continue adding weight, go for it. I think a trap bar or a barbell would be better tools for the job.

racingsnails will become famous soon enough. (+50) racingsnails will become famous soon enough. (+50) racingsnails will become famous soon enough. (+50) racingsnails will become famous soon enough. (+50) racingsnails will become famous soon enough. (+50) racingsnails will become famous soon enough. (+50) racingsnails will become famous soon enough. (+50) racingsnails will become famous soon enough. (+50) racingsnails will become famous soon enough. (+50) racingsnails will become famous soon enough. (+50) racingsnails will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No big cons. It's just a little less manly.
    Do I even lift?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166396811&p=1339571131#post1339571131

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Using the machine will shift the emphasis of the lift a little more towards your legs, and away from you lower back as compared to pulling a bar in front of your shins. The target is your choice; pick the appropriate tool for the job.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by racingsnails View Post
    no big cons. It's just a little less manly.
    :-)

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Hammer Strength "deadlift" is a pivot lift, and is quite different from a barbell deadlift.

Not every gym has them but the Trap Bar (as Dominik suggested) would be a good alternative to barbell deadlifts if you are having problems with the form / bar scraping your shins. Another option would be Rack Pulls since they will allow you to focus on your back and not have to worry about scraping your shins or being out of position.

Of course Hammer Strength "deadlift" is better than not doing any pulling at all, so if that is all that you are comfortable with right now then I would stick with that and perhaps eventually work in other movements for variation.
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs