MacheteMike5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much creatine is too much?

I'm 6'0 180lbs and looking to build as much lean muscle as possible while keeping my BF as low as possible. How much creatine should I take per day? I currently have BPI brand creatine (creatine blend) as well as RSP brand creatine monohydrate. I was planning on taking two scoops of the BPI creatine (8g of creatine) BEFORE my workouts to serve as a bit of pre-workout energy, and then supplement that with one or two scoops (5-10g) of the RSP creatine AFTER my lift/later in the day.

Is that too much creatine for one day?

I was also wondering if I should/could perhaps mix these two creatine powders (ex. instead of two scoops of the BPI before a workout, maybe mix one scoop of BPI with one scoop of the RSP)?

Let me know!
    "Don't spot me. Watch me." - Dom Mazzetti

compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anything above what you actually need (3-5g on workout days) is mostly just going to be peed out and is unnecessary. Above that is not "too much" in the sense that you're at risk for adverse side effects, it's just "too much" in it's a waste to use above that for the most part.

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Only target 3-5g/day.

No need for loading/cycling creatine either.

Just remember to stay hydrated throughout the day.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

TCWoody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TCWoody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TCWoody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TCWoody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TCWoody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TCWoody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TCWoody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TCWoody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TCWoody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TCWoody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TCWoody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MacheteMike5 View Post
    I'm 6'0 180lbs and looking to build as much lean muscle as possible while keeping my BF as low as possible. How much creatine should I take per day? I currently have BPI brand creatine (creatine blend) as well as RSP brand creatine monohydrate. I was planning on taking two scoops of the BPI creatine (8g of creatine) BEFORE my workouts to serve as a bit of pre-workout energy, and then supplement that with one or two scoops (5-10g) of the RSP creatine AFTER my lift/later in the day.

Is that too much creatine for one day?

I was also wondering if I should/could perhaps mix these two creatine powders (ex. instead of two scoops of the BPI before a workout, maybe mix one scoop of BPI with one scoop of the RSP)?

Let me know!

Several brands of preworkout and some powdered proteins already contain a level of creatine so if you use either or both there is no need for standalone creatine. Look on the labels of what you use, if any, then assess your needs from there.

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm the odd ball, my preference is 10g but that is me, strictly based on trial and error several times.

Mike
    ….

BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For your body weight 5g will be enough. As Mike said for most its trial and error we are all different and respond in different ways.
    Official MuscleTech Representative & Athlete

British Champion - Classic Bodybuilding

IFBB Elite Pro